ADVERTISEMENT

Whoopi Goldberg and the holocaust

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
This whole deal is ridiculous. I dont necessarily agree with her take on the holocaust not being about race, because the Nazis said that there was a superior one, but she made a valid point worthy of discussion. Judaism isn't a race. People with disabilities are not a race. Why is it off-limits to discuss the subtleties and complexities of what happened? It's kind of like the story about how Anne Frank died; people just think she was thrown in an oven, even though she died from typhus. How and why is that a controversial thing to say?

But she didn't minimize it. She was spot-on with her point on how it's an example of how cruel people can be to each other.

That got her suspended for 2 weeks.
Honestly ? What REALLY got her in trouble was when she said, "Y'all fight it out". If she didn't say that, there would be no controversy.

Honestly ? What REALLY got her in trouble was when she said, "Y'all fight it out". If she didn't say that, there would be no controversy.
So she said something provocative. If you just focus on those 4 words and that means she needs to be silenced without taking the whole conversation into context, you're a snowflake. I think it's great that she said something challenging.

I dont really get this either. People are acting as if she is a holocaust denier or something, which she isnt. Her take was wrong, but being wrong about something isnt the same thing as downplaying or denying something happened.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I think she is a naive hippie chick in general. She doesn't seem to have a wicked heart at all and free speech means people get to say things and it means sometimes others saying stuff especially things we disagree with will offend us. So, she offended somebody. I stand with her right to say things and I don't get why she was suspended. She stepped into it and apologized for it move on. Every now and then I hear clips of Joy Bahar and frankly that lady is just vile. I can't stand her and her idiot ideas but I defend her right to be an idiot and let everyone else see it too.

For the record Whoopi, it was all about race for Hitler , all of it. The guy was an eugenics monkey and he thought the Arian race was the master race and most people today still recognize the Jewish people as a race. Yep, it was mean people being mean people. oh Hitler made sure you could tell the Jewish people from the rest with tattoos and yellow stars . There are those today who want to treat unvaccinated not much different than Hitler treated the Jews in the early and mid 1930s. Something to think about here.

6 million people didn't die in the holocaust. That's just another lie.

I’m more surprised to find out Whoopi Goldberg is still alive than I am that you dedicated a thread to a take she had.

The View gets 3x the ratings that CNN gets in prime time. It’s basically a left wing sounding board. Fair game.

It was only a 2 week suspension, and the Progressive Apologists are out in full force.

This is the problem with Modern Progressivism and Cancel Culture. The goal should always be inclusion and understanding, not nuking someone out of existence the second they 'cross a line.' Goldberg was 'splitting hairs' and people were offended and wanted her canceled.

Yes, she was insensitive and it looked like she was downplaying Judism and related persecution, and she definitely had to apologize for it, rightly so. But she was literally having a discussion where she wanted to differentiate persecution of people of color from religious-based lineage, even if that was -- again -- grossly insensitive at times in her comments, even arguments.

The far better solution with Goldberg is to continue to allow her to disagree, but then 'circle back' to 'meeting people half-way,' and ultimately 'agreeing' that it's equally wrong in all cases. That's how open discord should work, with people pointing out things, instead of removing them entirely, and acting like nothing they say is worth anything. It just pushes people underground ... which is why many African-Americans feel marginalized, and don't want to engage European-Americans. That' the opposite of what we want as all Americans!

Again, this honestly proof positive that Modern Progressivism and Cancel Culture will consume every Progressive themselves, not just people Progressives don't like. Because, ultimately, they don't like anyone ... not even themselves, and that's hardly productive.

Again, at least it's just 2 weeks. Sadly, had it been most people other than Goldberg, it might have been permanent, and her media career over.

That said ...

Reactions: wjustincottrell
It was only a 2 week suspension, and the Progressive Apologists are out in full force.

This is the problem with Modern Progressivism and Cancel Culture. The goal should always be inclusion and understanding, not nuking someone out of existence the second they 'cross a line.' Goldberg was 'splitting hairs' and people were offended and wanted her canceled.

Yes, she was insensitive and it looked like she was downplaying Judism and related persecution, and she definitely had to apologize for it, rightly so. But she was literally having a discussion where she wanted to differentiate persecution of people of color from religious-based lineage, even if that was -- again -- grossly insensitive at times in her comments, even arguments.

The far better solution with Goldberg is to continue to allow her to disagree, but then 'circle back' to 'meeting people half-way,' and ultimately 'agreeing' that it's equally wrong in all cases. That's how open discord should work, with people pointing out things, instead of removing them entirely, and acting like nothing they say is worth anything. It just pushes people underground ... which is why many African-Americans feel marginalized, and don't want to engage European-Americans. That' the opposite of what we want as all Americans!

Again, this honestly proof positive that Modern Progressivism and Cancel Culture will consume every Progressive themselves, not just people Progressives don't like. Because, ultimately, they don't like anyone ... not even themselves, and that's hardly productive.

Again, at least it's just 2 weeks. Sadly, had it been most people other than Goldberg, it might have been permanent, and her media career over.

That said ...

She shouldn't have apologized, and even acknowledged the fact that if she did it would be fake. All it did was encourage the sharks.

The View gets 3x the ratings that CNN gets in prime time. It’s basically a left wing sounding board. Fair game.
Cool. I don’t watch either. Still surprised to know she’s still around giving hot takes and people are wasting time with her.

I don't listen to Whoopie. She is an idiot who happens to be kind of funny and a decent comedian actress.
That said I don't want her fired for saying something offensive and idiotic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT