ADVERTISEMENT

Whos going to be Biden's VP

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
He said its going to be a woman.

These are the 5 options people have mentioned in order of my favorite to least favorite.

Warren
Will motivate progressives and bring new ideas to the party that have gained popularity over the past 4 years.

Duckworth
Female Disabled Minority Purple Heart Hero that has publicly slapped Trump's draft dodging peepee. Has a good record and is a great speaker.

Abrams
Great messenger but lacks experience however should be a good advocate for minorities and election reform since the governorship of Georgia was stolen from her.

Harris
Eh, whatever. She'd be fine but she has baggage and to me comes off as insincere when she speaks. I have no doubt she means well but I dont see what she brings to the table.

Obama
Why is she even on this list. Hasnt the trump admin shown us that nepotism is not the way. I love Michelle Obama but lets be real here. She can do a lot of good but she shouldnt be one Biden heartbeat from president of the united states.

People need to be able to see this VP as a possible president because no matter who wins in 2020 its going to be an old ass man president.

Warren gets 2 points
Duckworth and Harris get 1 point
Obama and Abrams get 0

Democrats need to appeal to independents and former trump voters. If they want to expand their 3M vote gap over Trump in 2016.
Duckworth gets 2
Harris Abrams and Obama get 1
Warren gets 0

Democrats need to motivate their base.
Warren gets 2
Duckworth Obama Abrams 1
Harris 0

Democrats need to be able to dodge and counter attack Trumps dumb shit.
Duckworth Warren 2
Harris Abrams 1
Obama 0

Totals:
Warren 6
Duckworth 6
Abrams 3
Harris 3
Obama 2

"Oh you had bone spurs in your ankles so you couldn't join the military? Wow whats that feel like, oh no, not having bone spurs, having ankles."
tammy-duckworth-vogue-october-2018.jpg

In all reality, I think the optics of Duckworth are too good to pass up. Biden really hamstrung himself when he said he was going to pick a woman because there really aren't very many dem women that aren't somewhat damaged politically. Duckworth is clean and has the sympathy factor that will solidify the female vote. I dont know much about her politics, but it'll be hard for trump to attack her in any way that isn't seen as bullying and hypocritical.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
The other Rice, Susan. Good foreign policy experience, which most of the other's lack. Biden might have to pick a minority woman due to all of these protests. I agree that Harris seems insincere and snarky. Abrams and Lance Bottoms lack experience. Demings isn't ready to step up to that level. Rice checks all the boxes that you need. Also, with her name, the average American will confuse her with Condoleeza which benefits her.

The other Rice, Susan. Good foreign policy experience, which most of the other's lack. Biden might have to pick a minority woman due to all of these protests. I agree that Harris seems insincere and snarky. Abrams and Lance Bottoms lack experience. Demings isn't ready to step up to that level. Rice checks all the boxes that you need. Also, with her name, the average American will confuse her with Condoleeza which benefits her.
Susan Rice? Shes already been in right wing conspiracies. Lets at least make the Q anon fan fic writers come up with new material. I was promised Susan Rice was on the verge of arrest like 4 years ago.

Duckworth also became a mom latein life so she has very young children. Democrats biggest gains in 2018 were suburban white mom's who didnt like hillary in 2016 but soured on Trump in 2018 after he locked up kids and separated them from their parents. Maintaining and growing their support is crucial for 2020.

Not a fan of a Warren choice. She’s about to turn 71. She would be pushing 80 in a potential second term. It’s one thing to have a president in their 70s, but you need a relatively young VP or else you could be looking at the speaker of the house running the show.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Duckworth also became a mom latein life so she has very young children. Democrats biggest gains in 2018 were suburban white mom's who didnt like hillary in 2016 but soured on Trump in 2018 after he locked up kids and separated them from their parents. Maintaining and growing their support is crucial for 2020.

"I like soldiers that don't get their legs blown off."

He'd say something stupid like that about her and get boat-raced. He just can't help himself.

In my humble opinion, the Veep race is down to a two-horse race...

(um, probably not the best description because we're talking about women here.) :oops:

Kamala Harris or Val Demings.

Demings has benefited hugely from her visibility during Trump's impeachment and especially from the Floyd protests and her background as a former Chief of Police.

Kamala has considerably more experience on the national stage and is reassuringly younger than Biden or Demings at the wet-behind-the-ears age of 55.

My money has always been on Harris but I could envision Biden picking either one.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, the Veep race is down to a two-horse race...

(um, probably not the best descriptions because we're talking about women here.) :oops:

Kamala Harris or Val Demings.

Demings has benefits hugely from her visibility during Trump's impeachment and especially from the Floyd protests and her background as a former Chief of Police.

Kamala has considerably more experience on the national stage and is reassuringly younger than Biden or Demings at a wet-behind-the-ears age of 55.

My money has always been on Harris but I could envision Biden picking either one.

I think Deming involvement in the impeachment hearings hurts her. Plus, she has not proven that she can fundraise or bring Florida voters. Harris is the easy choice between these two.

Probably the woman from Georgia who still pretends to be Governor

Does he want to win?
I think Trump understands what's coming and doesn't want to be the president in office when it does. If he loses, history will remember him as a president that led us to all-time highs in the stock market and low unemployment in spite of being impeached. If he wins, he'll be remembered as the president that oversaw the biggest financial crash in history. It wouldn't surprise me if he sabotaged his own chances at reelection.

Probably the woman from Georgia who still pretends to be Governor
Abrams' star has been fading in recent months. Back in March Las Vegas had her odds at 4-1. Now they are at 12-1.

By contrast, Harris is the frontrunner at 5-4 and Demings is second at 5-1.

Others?
Elizabeth Warren: 6-1
Amy Klobuchar: 12-1

I think Harris is the default choice and she polls the best as the #2 in FL. Big Gretch still has a shot , she hasn’t been effected that much despite the full court press to smear her bc of quarantine

Big Gretch still has a shot , she hasn’t been effected that much despite the full court press to smear her bc of quarantine
The political winds might shift again by the time August rolls around but it's hard for me to imagine Joe not picking an African American woman given the national Black Lives Matter protests following the George Floyd murder.

The political winds might shift again by the time August rolls around but it's hard for me to imagine Joe not picking an African American woman given the national Black Lives Matter protests following the George Floyd murder.
Doesn't that bother you? The VP pick is supposed to be the person best qualified to take over in case something happens. Picking one based on the culture of the day seems reckless. Even Palin was somewhat excusable because she was a governor.

Abrams' star has been fading in recent months. Back in March Las Vegas had her odds at 4-1. Now they are at 12-1.

By contrast, Harris is the frontrunner at 5-4 and Demings is second at 5-1.

Others?
Elizabeth Warren: 6-1
Amy Klobuchar: 12-1

By all means, have the demented guy pick a woman who deals in conspiracy theories openly. Let's have it.

By all means, have the demented guy pick a woman who deals in conspiracy theories openly. Let's have it.
Openly deals in conspiracy theories??!?

LOL---You mean like Trump suggesting the 75-year old Buffalo protester who was seen on video getting knocked down and injured by police was an "ANTIFA provacateur" who 'staged' his own injury?

That kind of conspiracy theorist, 85???

Openly deals in conspiracy theories??!?

LOL---You mean like Trump suggesting the 75-year old Buffalo protester who was seen on video getting knocked down and injured by police was an "ANTIFA provacateur" who 'staged' his own injury?

That kind of conspiracy theorist, 85???

Trump is a conspiracy dude. Pence is not. Biden is demented, Abrams is a conspiracy woman.

Whoever it is won’t ever see the White House so this whole thread is irrelevant

I think Trump understands what's coming and doesn't want to be the president in office when it does. If he loses, history will remember him as a president that led us to all-time highs in the stock market and low unemployment in spite of being impeached. If he wins, he'll be remembered as the president that oversaw the biggest financial crash in history. It wouldn't surprise me if he sabotaged his own chances at reelection.
Naw. Whoever is president from 2020-2024 can print enough money to get through that term.

“I got a lot of… I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun,” Biden says in the speech. “And the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down so it was straight and then watch the hair come back up again. They’d look at it. So I learned about roaches. And kids jumping in my lap. I love kids jumping in my lap.”

“Poor kids are just as smart as white kids.”

#Biden2020

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT