ADVERTISEMENT

Whose team is this UCF basketball team?

Knightrogen

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2007
I admit I am an NBA guy. It sucks cause of the lock out.

In NBA we constantly hear whose team is this? Yao Ming or Tracy McGrady? Raja Rondo or Paul Pierce? There are debates all over for teams that have multi superstars.

Is it Dwyane's team or is it Lebron's?

For this UCF men's Basketball team, whose team is it?

Are you a Keith Clanton guy or Marcus Jordan? Or the heart and soul AJ Rompza or many of you that have hype in Tristan?

Personally I think Marcus Jordan is the super star on the team. The nation will know about his name and UCF after this season, at least I hope.

On the court, Marcus has been clearly the leader...as Clanton leads by example by his play (actually a quiet person on and off the court).

Rompza might be the heart of the team.

Spurlock might be the future of the team (has 3 years of eligibility).

Crittle was the "cheerleader" on the bench last year when he sat out after transferring from Oregon and I must say...he did lose a LOT of weight over the past year when I saw him at UNKNIGHT Madness...and anxious to see how that relates to his work on the court.

The 3 young Freshmen have the potential to be exciting wing players (good initial size...Wilson already seems to have a Div I "body") that can play multiple positions...but all 3 will probably play "like Freshmen" at various times during the year.

Bottom line...a lot of "unknowns" heading into this year...but I think that just adds to the excitement.

Can't wait till the first time they hit the court at the UCF Arena in a game setting (Saturday,Nov 5th at 5pm, Exhibition game vs West Virgina Tech) and in their first regular season game (Saturday, Nov 12th at 5 pm).

PS. Unlike NBA games...a lot of the fun of going to college games is to watch the interaction of the crazy student sections...as when 2,000-3,000 students in the lower bowl right next to the court heckle an opposing player(s), plus other cheers...thats just one of the reasons why going to college hoop games are a blast (vs the techno-pop crap heard all game long in NBA arenas with those in the best seats in the house not caring about the game).
This post was edited on 10/19 6:52 AM by Knight_Light

UCF Basketball Schedule 2011-2012 season

Somebody besides Jordan or Clanton needs to take over the team because 14 PPG isnt going to get it done.

Originally posted by pittstoner74:
Somebody besides Jordan or Clanton needs to take over the team because 14 PPG isnt going to get it done.

Its not the NBA. 14 ppg in college is very good. Memphis's leading scoring last year was 12 ppg. We need more players besides Clanton and Jordan to provide more balance. Hopefully Spurlock provides a 3rd legitimate scoring option.

To the OP, I don't know if this is really any one players team. I think Clanton is the best player on this team. Marcus will always get more attention because of his dad and he plays a position where he is handling the ball more. I'm not sure either one is a vocal or outspoken "leader".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT