ADVERTISEMENT

Why is recruiting so terrible???

Scotch just landed another stud QB commit*
GreedySorrowfulDeinonychus-max-1mb.gif

Sorry, not sorry, we have seen no proof that Heupel can successfully recruit his own high caliber players.

I give him credit for keeping the majority of what Frost started last recruiting season. It’s early, but at what point do we start to worry that we are going back to a GOL level of recruiting?

So It’s early, but at what point do we start to worry that we are going back to a GOL level of recruiting?

Not sure if serious on this one, 4 conference championships, two other championship game appearances, BCS bowl win, multiple top 25 seasons......this isn't a USF level of recruiting by any stretch....LOL

Now if you are worried about regressing to Kruz levels of recruiting, THAT would be a disaster.

Not sure if serious on this one, 4 conference championships, two other championship game appearances, BCS bowl win, multiple top 25 seasons......this isn't a USF level of recruiting by any stretch....LOL

Now if you are worried about regressing to Kruz levels of recruiting, THAT would be a disaster.
Multiple winless seasons, player death, probation, inconsistency, pee gold uniforms (uriniforms), etc.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Multiple winless seasons, player death, probation, inconsistency, pee gold uniforms (uriniforms), etc.

Honestly, only one was his fault (Kruz recruiting).....and it led directly to a National Championship.....we would all accept that trade off again

GOL was good at developing talent, but was not what I would consider a good recruiter in modern college football. David Kelly came up big for him for a few years.

Honestly, only one was his fault (Kruz recruiting).....and it led directly to a National Championship.....we would all accept that trade off again

giphy.gif

So the uriniforms magically appeared (and disappeared)?

GOL was good at developing talent, but was not what I would consider a good recruiter in modern college football. David Kelly came up big for him for a few years.

Without Friedgen and Taffe (maybe Kelly), GOL's career would have been [poop]

Sorry, not sorry, we have seen no proof that Heupel can successfully recruit his own high caliber players.

I give him credit for keeping the majority of what Frost started last recruiting season. It’s early, but at what point do we start to worry that we are going back to a GOL level of recruiting?
The Offensive coaching staff hasn't landed one impressive offer list recruit yet. And I don't buy the 'scared of playing time' excuse that is going to get thrown out. Pass is given for the end of the last class but we'll see how it goes in this cycle. I'm talking Marlon Williams type recruits who was once a Southern Cal commit with a few ACC/SEC offers. Not the GOL UCF and 1 other offer type guys.

looks like our fans are drinking the kool-aide again...

We are the only undefeated team in the history of college football who has some fans that are constantly acting like we are doomed. Heupel needs to work less on recruiting and more towards obtaining Xanax for our high anxiety fans.

Maybe we should start targeting those Auburn
5-Star DBs who run a 4.76 forty

We are the only undefeated team in the history of college football who has some fans that are constantly acting like we are doomed. Heupel needs to work less on recruiting and more towards obtaining Xanax for our high anxiety fans.

I want some of that Xanax with a tequila chaser...

Reactions: Mikesi

it's the Bizzle reverse jinx but I am not going to apologize for posting warning signs of a talent droppoff in a few seasons unless new developments change that. Same posters were getting mad when I and a few others pointed out recruiting concerns in the seasons leading up to and after the Fiesta Bowl and 2 years later UCF doesn't win a game.

Thankfully we have the Milton bridge for what I assume is 2 more seasons but recruiting by the offensive staff has been slow so far. I hope that changes.

Last edited:
it's the Bizzle reverse jinx but I am not going to apologize for posting warning signs of a talent droppoff in a few seasons unless new developments change that. Same posters were getting mad when I and a few others pointed out recruiting concerns after the Fiesta Bowl and 2 years later UCF doesn't win a game

@Poolside Knight and I have been consistently on this about Heupel and recruiting. There are just signs out there right now, that we need to be concerned. Other than the LB out of Miami, there is nothing going on to alleviate our concerns. If anything, the fact that we have a QB commit who can’t even start at the school he transferred to just heightens them.

It’s early, still plenty of time, but I’m worried we will see a major drop off if the recruiting doesn’t pick up. Especially after Milton is gone.

it's the Bizzle reverse jinx but I am not going to apologize for posting warning signs of a talent droppoff in a few seasons unless new developments change that. Same posters were getting mad when I and a few others pointed out recruiting concerns in the seasons leading up to and after the Fiesta Bowl and 2 years later UCF doesn't win a game.

Thankfully we have the Milton bridge for what I assume is 2 more seasons but recruiting by the offensive staff has been slow so far. I hope that changes.
We didn’t really have bad recruiting seasons leading up to the Fiesta Bowl. Your argument is fundamentally flawed. Recruiting is dynamic. The 2015, 0-12 season is one season and you have recruits from many different years filling classes before and after 2015. Some of the recruiting cycles that you mentioned contributed to our 2013 and 2017 teams. Additionally, you have failed to mention the sanctions that we had during those years. More importantly I keep hearing that 2015 had so many reasons for going 0-12, except for poor recruiting leading up to that 0-12 year. We always blamed it on Key’s offense, injuries, the players quitting, etc, So.., now we can’t just use poor recruiting to fit this particular argument

Lastly, I’m so sick of hearing about the rating systems and recruits lists of teams that are recruiting them. What does that have to do with anything???

The success of UCF’s recent history has come from players with some of the shortest recruiting lists. Here are some of the best players in UCF history who were hardly recruited.

Blake Bortles, McKenzie Milton, Kevin Smith,
Shaquem Griffin, Bruce Miller, Adrian Killins,
Josh Stinton, Brashad Perriman, Ranell Hall, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
'but Blake Bortles'. Thank you for proving my point. A 0 Win season is not possible unless there are issues in Recruiting period. This Program's issue has always been about lacking consistency, that roots back to Recruiting. All of us don't want to see the see saws anymore.

Reactions: hardcoreknight
This program or any of their G5 program is never consistently going to out-recruit top P5 programs, so our recruits are going to be mostly diamonds in the rough and not guys with impressive teams on their recruiting lists

Additionally, there is absolutely no evidence, that our 0-12, 2015 season has anything to do with our recruiting other than the possibility of sanctions limiting our depth in an injury plagued season that forced us to have 2 stiifs (who were highly ranked by the way) play QB when Holman was out. It was all downhill from there.

All of the above has absolutely nothing to do with Josh Heupel’s 2018/2019 recruiting class, which basically hasn’t even barely begun to fill out, let alone predicting in anyway that we are going to have a possible 0-12 season or any subpar season under him based on it.

Can’t you see how premature and overly speculative any of this concern/anxiety is?? This is all such a reach.

This program or any of their G5 program is never consistently going to out-recruit top P5 programs, so our recruits are going to be mostly diamonds in the rough and not guys with impressive teams on their recruiting lists

Additionally, there is absolutely no evidence, that our 0-12, 2015 season has anything to do with our recruiting other than the possibility of sanctions limiting our depth in an injury plagued season that forced us to have 2 stiifs (who were highly ranked by the way) play QB when Holman was out. It was all downhill from there.

All of the above has absolutely nothing to do with Josh Heupel’s 2018/2019 recruiting class, which basically hasn’t even barely begun to fill out, let alone predicting in anyway that we are going to have a possible 0-12 season or any subpar season under him based on it.

Can’t you see how premature and overly speculative any of this concern/anxiety is?? This is all such a reach.
No one is getting anxiety about UCF Football in June . I'm(and Ace) are just pointing out the recruiting results from the Offensive staff so far. It's a message board, people should be allowed to ask questions and to not be a full homer.

No one is getting anxiety about UCF Football in June . I'm(and Ace) are just pointing out the recruiting results from the Offensive staff so far. It's a message board, people should be allowed to ask questions and to not be a full homer.

Nobody is trying to shut down input and questioning the new coaching regime. However, I don’t think any of my responses are not true. There’s just not a lot of evidence of anything going wrong with recruiting at this time other than JH getting totally screwed over during the early signing period last year.

ADVERTISEMENT