ADVERTISEMENT

Why is recruiting so terrible???

just leaving this here then I’ll bow out of the topic but just to defend the attacks on my negativity & expecting more so far even as a G5 Program. Juan was the best at covering UCF recruiting and gives an even keeled analysis

just leaving this here then I’ll bow out of the topic but just to defend the attacks on my negativity & expecting more so far even as a G5 Program. Juan was the best at covering UCF recruiting and gives an even keeled analysis

Don't want to shut down criticism. Part of me doesn't want to accept anything less than a composite .83. Unfortunately, I can see that not a lot of highly rated recruits are "warm" on us.
Don't know if its better to sign unrated recruits now or hope we go undefeated again and try to catch up with well rated recruits during the season.
My guess is that there's no right answer and maybe we should expect a class similar to 2018s.

Are these kids lower rated recruits or are they guys that Heupel wants for a variety of reasons??? If they are guys that he believes in, then they are the best fit regardless of their ranking. They are 5-Star recruits for UCF

If you look who recruited Ryan O’keefe.

Wyatt knows Texas, so right now the coaches are not familiar with Florida as much as they will be. They are new. It will take time.

Are these kids lower rated recruits or are they guys that Heupel wants for a variety of reasons??? If they are guys that he believes in, then they are the best fit regardless of their ranking. They are 5-Star recruits for UCF

I agree. Firstly, different coaches, review boards and other "experts" value different things in ranking the value of recruits. Different programs can have different priorities, which can include body types, past game statistics, level of competition, speed and agility, strength and aggressiveness, etc..

This is why, when looking at the same prospect, some coaches see an average or rotational player and some may see a future impact guy. And they could both be right, based upon their systems.

The guys that are not highly rated in our commitment list so far, may be small for college ball, but they have tremendous speed. I trust that they are a good fit for how Heupel intends to incorporate their abilities.

Knights have to look no further than Adrian Killins, at 165 lbs, to confirm that speed kills. It looks to me like, when it comes to speed, Heup is going for the jugular. Just speaking for myself, I will not complain about stockpiling speed. Also, let's not forget, it's only June...

I agree. Firstly, different coaches, review boards and other "experts" value different things in ranking the value of recruits. Different programs can have different priorities, which can include body types, past game statistics, level of competition, speed and agility, strength and aggressiveness, etc..

This is why, when looking at the same prospect, some coaches see an average or rotational player and some may see a future impact guy. And they could both be right, based upon their systems.

The guys that are not highly rated in our commitment list so far, may be small for college ball, but they have tremendous speed. I trust that they are a good fit for how Heupel intends to incorporate their abilities.

Knights have to look no further than Adrian Killins, at 165 lbs, to confirm that speed kills. It looks to me like, when it comes to speed, Heup is going for the jugular. Just speaking for myself, I will not complain about stockpiling speed. Also, let's not forget, it's only June...
Agreed. You can’t teach height/length and you can’t teach speed. We just got both in our last few recruits

Additionally, you can’t teach heart and that’s for Heupel to find out

Reactions: KnightLife1
Don't want to shut down criticism. Part of me doesn't want to accept anything less than a composite .83. Unfortunately, I can see that not a lot of highly rated recruits are "warm" on us.
Don't know if its better to sign unrated recruits now or hope we go undefeated again and try to catch up with well rated recruits during the season.
My guess is that there's no right answer and maybe we should expect a class similar to 2018s.
I understand the sentiment about hopefully .83 and above, but lets also note and remember these finds (numbers rounded to 2 digits):
Breshad Perriman, .77;
Tony Geurad, .79
Aaron Evans, .79
Trysten Hill, .79;
Shaquem Griffin, .80
Tyler Hudanic, .80
D.J. Killins, .80,
Chequan Burkett, .81,
Pat Jasinski, .81
Clayton Geathers, .81;
Shaquill Griffin, .82;

I would have hated to miss out on this lot by just playing the ratings numbers game, and not taking a more analytical look at what incredible talent all of these guys had/have.

Toribio has always been a frost hugger. Says 5 commits at this point is low (we actually have 7), but it is actually high for our program. Frosts 2017 class had 4 commits at this point and ended up tops in the conference.

Sold for $1.65 million on May 29th. Dropped from 1.8 million.

He really needed the money. Hahaha. Guess he’s not planning on visiting in the winter. At least not to that house. “I’m going to keep my property in Orlando, because I love Orlando.”

Honestly, it’s a really kick ass house in a nice area on an amazing lake. Someone got a nice house at or below market value

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I understand the sentiment about hopefully .83 and above, but lets also note and remember these finds (numbers rounded to 2 digits):
Breshad Perriman, .77;
Tony Geurad, .79
Aaron Evans, .79
Trysten Hill, .79;
Shaquem Griffin, .80
Tyler Hudanic, .80
D.J. Killins, .80,
Chequan Burkett, .81,
Pat Jasinski, .81
Clayton Geathers, .81;
Shaquill Griffin, .82;

I would have hated to miss out on this lot by just playing the ratings numbers game, and not taking a more analytical look at what incredible talent all of these guys had/have.
Every one of those guys have size and and/or speed.

He really needed the money. Hahaha. Guess he’s not planning on visiting in the winter. At least not to that house. “I’m going to keep my property in Orlando, because I love Orlando.”

Honestly, it’s a really kick ass house in a nice area on an amazing lake. Someone got a nice house at or below market value

If that house was in a really desirable neighborhood (i.e. old Winter Park), price would have been 2-3 times what it sold for.

Reactions: firm_bizzle

Another example of Frost being a liar and saying things to try to get everyone to like him. Have a great career Frost! Enjoy middle of the road of the Big 10.

Actually sold to a guy that sells truck accessories.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT