ADVERTISEMENT

Why UCF Claims 2nd National Championship

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Provided we win in the Fiesta Bowl, the path to claiming the championship this year is to emphasize that those who promised entrance into the CFP with a second undefeated season reneged on their promise (as unfair as requiring 2 undefeated seasons is). Therefore, we have claimed the 2nd National Championship to force the CFP to accept any future undefeated Div I. team into the playoff. Otherwise, the CFP needs to accept that it is only a NIT (National Invitational Tournament). It's not only unfair to undefeated Div I. teams but even to all its P5 champions. This is what UCF is recognizing as it declares a 2nd National Championship and encourages all other undefeated teams left out of the tournament to do the same.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/31/17801850/ucf-knights-defending-national-champions

Reactions: Psycho Jim
I'm staying with my GFY National Championship.
091vKjM.jpg

Isn’t this the only reason y’all claimed one last year? A credible NCAA metric or something had UCF at number 1. Claiming a national title when nobody has you ranked 1 is a pretty bad look.
Well technically our AD did it right after the Auburn game and before colley matrix had their final rankings. But I believe Our AD knew that as the only undefeated team left we would be #1 in the colley matrix so he stated it a week early. This season if Oklahoma wins out I’m not sure who Colley matrix would have #1

Well technically our AD did it right after the Auburn game and before colley matrix had their final rankings. But I believe Our AD knew that as the only undefeated team left we would be #1 in the colley matrix so he stated it a week early. This season if Oklahoma wins out I’m not sure who Colley matrix would have #1
So let’s root for Oklahoma and see what happens.

Isn’t this the only reason y’all claimed one last year? A credible NCAA metric or something had UCF at number 1. Claiming a national title when nobody has you ranked 1 is a pretty bad look.
Or it further emphasizes the fraud system. There is no way to determine a champion. So we should all claim championships! I encourage that.

Not the same as last year. We won’t have beaten the team that beat both teams in the championship game. It would backfire and make us look bad. I think historically, last year was a legit claim with the colley matrix and the only undefeated team. This year doesn’t have the same things going for it. That being said, I think this team is just as amazing as last years team.

Reactions: clmssun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT