ADVERTISEMENT

Why would a governor ban mask mandates for schools?

Probably doesn’t want to be kidnapped. But in reality, the GOP controlled state legislature creates the budget and laws that the governor signs. This was the “bi-partisan” part of the budget.

I was in Michigan last week for work Tues-Thurs. Went out to eat a couple of times and hit up the local Walmart. The Walmart employees had masks, as did the military on base, but not much anywhere else. My coworker from Cali was shocked.

To stem off the gotchas, I tested myself upon return and was negative and didn’t test positive until Sunday. No one that I worked with has tested positive since so I think we’re safe on that front. And we did all the contact tracing as an Army contractor.

IN PUBLIC.

Most everybody here in the WC who's ridiculed mask wearing in public has --- shocker of shockers --- caught the virus. But feel free to pile on.
Weird response. Was there a time that you wore one in private?

Oh, I didn’t know wearing a mask protected the wearer from catching the virus.

And you’re vaccinated?
Remember the good Ole days when it was "I'm not wearing a mask for me, it's for you"... then when the vaccines rolled out it was "I'm wearing it because I don't know who's vaccinated"

Reactions: Knight In TN
Remember the good Ole days when it was "I'm not wearing a mask for me, it's for you"... then when the vaccines rolled out it was "I'm wearing it because I don't know who's vaccinated"
Masks should not be worn by regular people, only medical workers… masks protect you… wait, no they don’t… they protect other people… well, there’s some benefit for you, but what you really need is the vaccine… once you have the vaccine you don’t need a mask and social distancing… except even if you’re vaccinated you can still spread it, so keep wearing a mask for others…

But apparently Shuck has been protected by his mask and that’s all anyone needed to do. Just wear the mask every time you go out in public until the day you die. (From something else, it won’t be Covid that kills you.)

But apparently Shuck has been protected by his mask and that’s all anyone needed to do. Just wear the mask every time you go out in public until the day you die.
It's about wearing a mask in public while the City of Lincoln has a mask mandate on. It's working -- since the mandate, the city's infection numbers are tracking down again.

It's about wearing a mask in public while the City of Lincoln has a mask mandate on. It's working -- since the mandate, the city's infection numbers are tracking down again.

What are you talking about? No, they are not.

Lancaster County installed the mask mandate on August 24th with a 7 day moving average of 119 cases per day. A month later, Lancaster County had a 7 day rolling average of 246 cases per day or a 106% increase 30 days after the mask mandate was put in place.

Just now the trend line has bent over again but the county is still running a 233 case/day 7 day moving average.

FL infections are down by more than 1/3 since a month ago without a mask mandate. The reality is that these "mandates" do little to nothing to impact city or countywide outcomes; the trend has been the same from 2020 to 2021 and these spikes resolve themselves with or without mask requirements.

What are you talking about? No, they are not.
I'd heard on our local TV news that our numbers were going down but I hadn't bothered to follow up on it. Major kudos go out to 85 for his in-depth analysis of Lancaster County, NE's numbers. He got me curious enough to check it out for myself.

What I discovered is that the infection numbers had been slowly tracking upwards since a low in early July which eventually led to our Mayor reinstating the City's mask mandate. After the mask mandate, it continued to track upwards for another week to a new daily infections high of 1,136 on Sept. 1. After that, it went down but essentially flatted for a couple of weeks (days up/days down.) But since Sept. 16th, its been on a clear-cut downward trend again. The last report was the 24th of this month with 356 new infections. I'm no mathematician, but I'm thinking that's a drop in the daily infection rate from the beginning of the month.

The graph of Lancaster Co, NE new infections can be found on this page:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=lancaster county NE covid&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=lancaster county ne covid&sc=8-25&sk=&cvid=33647E0D2D944CDAAB84DA23088E03C5

Reactions: UCFBS
Follow the science they say...well if we followed the science ,it would tell us kids K-5 are the least likely to get COVID . Our hospitals and icus are not filled with first graders with COVID. In fact I am wiling to bet more people have adverse reactions to the vaccine than first graders get COVID or fifth graders for that fact. we don't seem to manage risk versus reward here very well. masks little kids ,but but little kids don't get COVID and if they do they aren't dying from it. they really aren't transmitting it either ,but masks them up because the science ! The science!

Reactions: THX_UCF2
Follow the science, let Darwin work his magic, no vaccines for anyone.

Or let everyone make decisions for themselves? I know we want a population of sheep but at least pretend we have some freedoms.
Yeah, KNIGHTTIME, we need 'independent' thinkers who at least 'pretend' we have some freedoms!!!

Once upon a time... (you know, back when America was GREAT)
  • We didn't cowtow to health officials by getting our children vaccinated before starting school!!! We should be able to risk our children's health even if the diseases they're vaccinated for are contagious!
  • We didn't wear seat belts in our automobiles for "safety"! Who cares if they supposedly decrease the odds of death in a car crash by 45%!
  • We used to smoke cigarettes because we didn't believe all the 'fake news' garbage that they're cancer-sticks!!! No doubt the cancer warnings we have now on its packaging is government propaganda.
  • We didn't believe the BS that a diet of fast food would make us obese!!!! Screw all the damn calorie counts information!
These restrictions on our God-given freedoms are SO DAMN FRUSTRATING, right guys?*

We didn't cowtow to health officials by getting our children vaccinated before starting school!!! We should be able to risk our children's health even if the diseases they're vaccinated for are contagious!
Are you still under the impression that all vaccines significantly reduce the spread?!

This is what I mean by 3rd grader logic.

We didn't wear seat belts in our automobiles for "safety"! Who cares if they supposedly decrease the odds of death in a car crash by 45%!
Have you looked up the statitic on how many people are incarcerated over things that have nothing to do with the selt belt, when they were pulled over for a seat belt?!

I know that doesn't bother many of you guys, but it very much bothers Libertarians like myself.

We used to smoke cigarettes because we didn't believe all the 'fake news' garbage that they're cancer-sticks!!! No doubt the cancer warnings we have now on its packaging is government propaganda.
Another interesting analogy, along with Lead-free Gasoline.

Because a super-majority of experts, not just the mass mob, used to testify there wasn't anything wrong, and only a minority of experts differed ...

What does that say about 'censoring misinformation' if the debate about lead-free gas was still raging, and only a minority of people argued for it?

Reactions: wjustincottrell
Nope. These vaccines should be free for anyone stupid enough to get them. Gotta cull the herd somehow.
Says Mr. shit for brains CLAIMING TO HAVE ALL OF THESE POST-COVID MEDICAL ISSUES

but but little kids don't get COVID and if they do they aren't dying from it. they really aren't transmitting it either ,but masks them up because the science ! The science!
Little kids GET COVID and you DON’T have to die to spread it. That’s a ridiculously ignorant comment

It isn't abnormal for 50-70k to die from the flu each year. What is the number of deaths per year to make you go full beta? I never remember anyone giving a sh!t about the flu.

Background and Results: 2018-2019 Flu Burden Estimates
The CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included 28,000 deaths from flu.

Yet again, you're an idiot. And please try to keep up with the context of the conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Go ahead and give me the percentage death in the under 12 age from covid. It's a freaking joke to be even considering vaccine mandates under 18 let alone under 12.
Kids spread it to adults and adults get sick
Duh

Yeah, most people who catch the flu or or a cold on an annual basis slip into organ failure. What was I thinking.
When did I say that I was in organ failure? My liver and kidneys are still not totally OK, but its not like I'm dying from renal failure.

If I was willing to bet, I'd say you've never had a bad case of the flu. Like where you were stuck in bed for a week. Have you?

When did I say that I was in organ failure? My liver and kidneys are still not totally OK, but its not like I'm dying from renal failure.

If I was willing to bet, I'd say you've never had a bad case of the flu. Like where you were stuck in bed for a week. Have you?
You’d lose the bet.

Background and Results: 2018-2019 Flu Burden Estimates
The CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included 28,000 deaths from flu.

Yet again, you're an idiot. And please try to keep up with the context of the conversation.
Dude, you cherry picked one year and got a mild one. The flu kills from 20k to 80k a year depending on strain and severity. The year just before the one you picked saw 80k Americans die of the flu. Not the same as COVID but also not quite as different as you want to portray it. The other difference is that flu deaths affect all age groups and children more heavily than COVID where the overwhelming majority of deaths are the elderly. In that 2017 season of 80k deaths, 500 were of 0-18 year olds. Contrast that with less than 500 deaths of <18 year olds for first the year and a half of COVID with 6x as many deaths overall. Which is something to think about; if we weren’t screaming to vaccinate our children for flu with 500 deaths in a few months, why are we screaming to vaccinate them with less deaths over a year and a half? Are we just smarter now?

Just because

Bingo...

I want him to give me a number of deaths per year to go into beta mode.
Vaccines help stop severe illness, hospitalizations, and death. Been to a football game in 2021 with a packed stadium vs 2020??? Thank the vaccines chud. Stop living in 1346 when handymen ruled the Earth

Dude, you cherry picked one year and got a mild one. The flu kills from 20k to 80k a year depending on strain and severity. The year just before the one you picked saw 80k Americans die of the flu. Not the same as COVID but also not quite as different as you want to portray it. The other difference is that flu deaths affect all age groups and children more heavily than COVID where the overwhelming majority of deaths are the elderly. In that 2017 season of 80k deaths, 500 were of 0-18 year olds. Contrast that with less than 500 deaths of <18 year olds for first the year and a half of COVID with 6x as many deaths overall. Which is something to think about; if we weren’t screaming to vaccinate our children for flu with 500 deaths in a few months, why are we screaming to vaccinate them with less deaths over a year and a half? Are we just smarter now?

We are screaming to vaccinate children for the flu. The vast majority of children deaths from influenza are infants too young to be vaccinated with no existing level of natural immunity.

LMAO: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/past-seasons.html

Far cry from your and Melvin's estimates.

Just because

Bingo...

I want him to give me a number of deaths per year to go into beta mode.

There you go, chud. You're still an idiot.

61,000,000 died of the flu in 2017-18 flu season. Nobody cared. What's the number to go full beta and lockdown the healthy for a man made virus that in most age categories is 99.99% likely to survive.
Hahahahahahhahahahaha!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 What a pathetic dumbshit loser. Can’t tell the difference from this pandemic and the Flu. Don’t leave your house and get embarrassed by actually talking to real people.

Technical degree
Means that the degree you got from a school is not accredited except at the school itself. There is a standard degree in which at the least takes 4 years and there is a technical degree which can take as little as 4 weeks. Usually the schools that offer technical degrees are for-profit private schools which tend to butcher the course. Such as taking out the standard liberal art requirements, Taking out the requirements for advanced classes, etc.

For the most part they are not accepted by other schools except the school you got it from. They tend to not be valued by employers. Due to the fact that if a diploma says Masters(type of degree) on it it technically doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT