ADVERTISEMENT

Why would it be bad

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
To give every single person in this country 5,000 dollars a month?

I'm not trolling at all on this either. What would be the consequence of doing it? At this point I really don't know and for anybody that knows me they know i'm a huge follower of 20th century economists.

Gas would cost 200 dollars a gallon? Milk would be 500 dollars? It would still be 15 dollars to see a USF game.
That should be the obvious answer, but we've been pumping cash into the economy for 12 years and we still aren't seeing any inflation.

That should be the obvious answer, but we've been pumping cash into the economy for 12 years and we still aren't seeing any inflation.
Not that kind of cash. Money is still a limited good that people believe will have value in the future. If you flood the country with 60,000 dollars per year for each person plus whatever they already make, you will outpace the production of goods and those goods will cost more because of demand.

Not that kind of cash. Money is still a limited good that people believe will have value in the future. If you flood the country with 60,000 dollars per year for each person plus whatever they already make, you will outpace the production of goods and those goods will cost more because of demand.
In theory, I completely agree. Thats why its hard to understand why we aren't beginning to see it occurring already. We seem to have fallen into the same deflationary trap that Japan has been dealing with for decades. It doesn't matter how much money they pump into their economy, they remain stagnant.

In theory, I completely agree. Thats why its hard to understand why we aren't beginning to see it occurring already. We seem to have fallen into the same deflationary trap that Japan has been dealing with for decades. It doesn't matter how much money they pump into their economy, they remain stagnant.
As long as Ramen noodles are six for a dollar, they will never make any money. Seriously, I think you underestimate the appetite of the American consumer. Yes, wages have been somewhat flat and the interest rates are low but dropping tens of trillions of dollars into the accounts of the world’s most ravenous economy would be like the beginning of a Hungry Hungry Hippos game (but with playstations and Hondas instead of marbles).

As long as Ramen noodles are six for a dollar, they will never make any money. Seriously, I think you underestimate the appetite of the American consumer. Yes, wages have been somewhat flat and the interest rates are low but dropping tens of trillions of dollars into the accounts of the world’s most ravenous economy would be like the beginning of a Hungry Hungry Hippos game (but with playstations and Hondas instead of marbles).
That has to be correct, but its what we've been doing already so this whole thing doesn't make sense. It's truly backwards.

That has to be correct, but its what we've been doing already so this whole thing doesn't make sense. It's truly backwards.
I don’t know. Japan probably thinks so to and look where they are at. They need more fat Americans to move there.

Dont worry your dollars will be converted to Google bucks soon enough. I’m assuming the current unrest in the U.S. is just a way to drive the market value of the country down so the Google/Amazon/Tijuana Flats conglomerate can purchase us cheap. The atmospheric fish webbing(Skynet) will be benevolent overlords until A.I. Is fully developed, then you will be harvested for organs so that Larry Page and Jeff Bezos never die. So spend now.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I don’t know. Japan probably thinks so to and look where they are at. They need more fat Americans to move there.

Dont worry your dollars will be converted to Google bucks soon enough. I’m assuming the current unrest in the U.S. is just a way to drive the market value of the country down so the Google/Amazon/Tijuana Flats conglomerate can purchase us cheap. The atmospheric fish webbing(Skynet) will be benevolent overlords until A.I. Is fully developed, then you will be harvested for organs so that Larry Page and Jeff Bezos never die. So spend now.
Oh, there's no doubt in my mind at all that by the time inflation actually does hit, the currency will be reset so none of what we are doing will matter in the end. Thats part of why I'm saying they should just go ahead and start sending out checks to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT