ADVERTISEMENT

Wide Receivers

ucffan642

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 23, 2015
I know we hear a ton about our RB room, but what’s the word on our receiving core other than Kobe and TE Pittman?

Do we have any other talented receivers and if so, why aren’t they getting any looks? It appears KJ only looks at read #1 and it’s either Hudson or Pittman.

Reactions: mattropolis
Whittemore is a starter and has 37 career receptions, 29 of which were in 2020 and 2021. That paints the picture about the WR depth beyond the Kobe/Pittman/Townsend trio imo. When we play CO someone has to step up, considering Hunter will definitely be on Kobe.

Reactions: U C to the F
Whittemore is a starter and has 37 career receptions, 29 of which were in 2020 and 2021. That paints the picture about the WR depth beyond the Kobe/Pittman/Townsend trio imo. When we play CO someone has to step up, considering Hunter will definitely be on Kobe.
On point. I think with the limited throwing this offense will play, that trio will have to maximize their touches. Otherwise, give it to the stable of RBs. Would you rather give one of the 4 RBs a touch or look Trent Whittemore’s way?

I will say though, the small sample size of Jacoby Jones, that dude needs some more looks. He needs to replace Whittemore asap, get Jacoby/Hudson/Pittman/Townsend lined up and shit man, let’s go!

Side note…Javarius Johnson 5th year Sr…why did he transfer here? Wasn’t he a key piece in Auburns game, not even seeing the field for us? Perplexing…

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Receivers aren’t the problem. QB isn’t a great passer. His turnovers killed us. Gus can’t recruit QBs. Or he can’t coach them. Not sure which but that’s the biggest reason hus teams here haven’t been great.

Reactions: connerito
Don't know why a wide receiver would sign up to play in this offense unless they like blocking.

That’s the biggest problem. We need a pass happy coach that likws to run here and there. Not the opposite. Too easy to load box and stop run. It’s hard to game plan against a great QB that spreads it around.
That’s the biggest problem. We need a pass happy coach that likws to run here and there. Not the opposite. Too easy to load box and stop run. It’s hard to game plan against a great QB that spreads it around.
Navy had 200 plus passing and 200 plus running yesterday I don’t want their offensive scheme but just saying

Gus has a big problem keeping this team together. He has totally disregarded the weapons he has on offense by relying on a QB that should be in the running back room

He has a wr room pissed off because the qb can’t pass and a rb room that is pissed off as the opposition puts 8 in the box

Hopefully our qb has a replay of his last outing in the swamp last year, next week

We wasted the first two games not trying to identify WR#2 and WR#3 that can contribute in a bigger way. Should have been throwing the ball 30-35 times in those games. We all saw how we struggled with a shutdown corner playing Hudson most of yesterday. I mean, looking at stats, there's Kobe, then nobody. Most of Xavier's and Johnny's "catches" are just forward handoffs on jet sweeps. 75 of RJ's yards came on 1 play yesterday. You have to have more than one weapon. You have to give the rock to other guys to make the defense honest and impose your will. They imposed their will for most of the game yesterday, although ultimately we shot ourselves in the foot by turning the ball over deep in the red zone.

RECYDSAVGLNGTD

I agree with u but I think in game one we identified that we had no passing qb A 2 or 3 option is meaningless unless u can pass it unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT