ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcat fan here, welcome to the Big XII

Wildcat414

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 10, 2008
I know this will get buried fast but I'm one K-State fan who has been pulling for UCF to get in the Big XII since our first game. I can't believe it took 13 years but here we are.
I know you guys are always going to be tough, and that you have a great fanbase that's hungry and hasn't been treated fairly by the old boy club.
K-State went through that too, in the 90s.
I hope you don't prove better than us tonight but in any case, good luck!

I know this will get buried fast but I'm one K-State fan who has been pulling for UCF to get in the Big XII since our first game. I can't believe it took 13 years but here we are.
I know you guys are always going to be tough, and that you have a great fanbase that's hungry and hasn't been treated fairly by the old boy club.
I heard we had another great showing with our traveling fanbase and that KSU has been stellar in hosting them. Happy to be in the same conference, definitely a promising future.

Thanks for having us. I hope we bring value and respect to the conference and live up to your expectations. This is coming from a fan who is both humble and grateful for being thrown a lifeline, being invited to the BIG12.

Reactions: Wildcat414
Thanks for having us. I hope we bring value and respect to the conference and live up to your expectations. This is coming from a fan who is both humble and grateful for being thrown a lifeline, being invited to the BIG12.
I believe UCF has a bright future in the Big XII. But the new league will require a culture shift within the program. One of the reasons why some programs have struggled after a move is because they failed to adapt.

UCF can stay true to its dynamic offensive past but it will need to give special recruiting and development attention to its defense and O/D lines. The Big XII has a reputation for being more of a 'high flying' conference (like UCF found in the AAC.) But don't be fooled -- the best defenses are the ones that still rule. You saw that last night.

Very solid team. Should compete for at least conference hardware. Your schedule is very well setup. Toughest game will be @Texas.

I heard we had another great showing with our traveling fanbase and that KSU has been stellar in hosting them. Happy to be in the same conference, definitely a promising future.
I hope the reports of our treatment of your fans are still bearing that out. You have a great fan base and a dangerous football team. Both sides made a lot of terrible mistakes last night. Not the prettiest game, frustrations all around, but I still felt it was fitting that our schools played each other in your first game in the conference. In some strange inverse/opposite ways, K-State and UCF are a lot alike. I think you'll find that K-State fans travel well too-- especially if it's to Orlando!

I've been following you guys, on and off, since 2010, posted a few times on this board, even with an earlier username. I've seen those ups and downs, been enraged by the tricks they use to keep a "have not" school down. K-State has been there. I know it's going to be hard in a conference that stretches from Florida and West Virginia to Arizona and Utah but I am far more optimistic about a bright future and a great conference now than I was when the news that UT and OU were leaving came out.

Reactions: Knightbengal
Congrats on the win. It was a good game for 3 quarters at least.
Thanks. I've watched a lot of UCF games and know never to count you out. I was very nervous throughout. An ugly game for both sides at times, but with glimpses on both sides of future possibility as well. You're going to win games in this conference, this year, no doubt about it. "The Bill" is a loud and difficult place to play in front of a sell out crowd.

You guys have had nothing but disrespect from the old boy sports media so long that when you start popping Big XII teams in the mouth (and you will) some of that is going to break down. I was astonished to find out that it didn't really break down when it was directed against K-State in the 90s until Bill Snyder beat OU and Nebraska and Texas enough the old boys started looking like fools when bowl-selection time came to keep talking about "early season cupcakes" (and of course in 2010 UCF was one of those cupcakes lol) so they could send us to a lesser bowl. But they'll do it as long as they can. I really wish you guys the best though. I cheer for UCF EVERY game I see when you aren't playing us. You're going to blow any low expectations up, but it could take 5 years to see minds start to change.

Very solid team. Should compete for at least conference hardware. Your schedule is very well setup. Toughest game will be @Texas.
Thanks. But it looked more like the first game of the season for both teams at times instead of the conference opener. Hopefully we'll all get the wrinkles ironed out quickly. Texas, even more than OU, is going to run a gauntlet on their way out of this conference. I didn't watch much of the game yesterday but to get all cliche, there are a lot of games yet to play.

Thanks. I've watched a lot of UCF games and know never to count you out. I was very nervous throughout. An ugly game for both sides at times, but with glimpses on both sides of future possibility as well. You're going to win games in this conference, this year, no doubt about it. "The Bill" is a loud and difficult place to play in front of a sell out crowd.
I was at the game and was very impressed with the crowd and the stadium. I know the stadium has been in place since 1968 but the additions and improvements make it seem like it’s almost brand new. The Jumbotrons in each corner are a fantastic idea. The suites are outstanding and the service/hospitality was top notch. Getting in and out was very easy and orderly.
On the negative side… I think the seating is too far from the sidelines and the play clock is absolutely terrible... A single clock posted way, way too high in the center of the end zone instead of lower in each corner where they’re supposed to be! I’m sure this gave TMC some problems on the delay of game penalties and it‘s something KState can take advantage of against teams that aren’t accustomed to playing there.
The crowd (52k) was very engaged and very loud. About as loud as any stadium I’ve been to and I’ve been to a lot of really big ones. KState is a top notch program. It will be interesting to compare this experience with UCF vs KU when I fly back up there in 2 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT