ADVERTISEMENT

Will higher-end, 7nm ARM products now get more priority, volume and economies-of-scale?

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
It'll be interesting to see of 7nm ARM notebooks and supercomputers pick up the slack in a plateauing smartphone market. It seems smartphone makers have finally started demanding prices that consumers aren't willing to pay for, at least for new models. So that will mean TSMC is going to give AMD, Huawei, Qualcomm and others incentives to make greater quantities of the more powerful ARM products to pick up the slack in their fabs, than the lower end units that currently dominate.

This could be the year, at least by year's end, we could see some of the first, real challenges to x86 enmasse, especially with Intel's issues with 7nm. Supply drives pricing which drives opportunity, and with smartphone growth dropping off, 7nm ARM designs destined for notebooks and datacenters will now get increased priority. So it will be interesting to watch if this does lead to such.

The 2020s will likely be the death of x86 regardless, it's just matter of what year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ttle-changed-amid-sluggish-demand-for-iphones

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I think given where rates have gone, despite the flattening of the yield curve, ARMs have fallen out of favor with residential homebuyers. I think the market is seeing the execution of more fixed-rate, long-term mortgages. People love predictability, stability and security.

LMFAO I love this thread

I too am a fan of ARM and Hammer, best baking soda hands down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyhole
LMFAO I love this thread

I too am a fan of ARM and Hammer, best baking soda hands down.

How does a person go about judging the merits of baking soda? You're saying that they are the best, but what leads you to that conclusion?

How does a person go about judging the merits of baking soda? You're saying that they are the best, but what leads you to that conclusion?

The ARM and Hammer "pet fresh" carpet powder is terrible. It's way too overpowering in the wrong ways. The Glade stuff is way better smelling.

Pretty clear at this point that we missed the point of the OP. He was supporting the arms race and wants Trump to drop a nuke on Baghdad.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT