ADVERTISEMENT

Will Malzahn Keep Randy?

I kind of expect RS is gone. But wouldn't be surprised to see him stay one more year.

I cant imagine with the financial health of the athletic dept they would buy out Shannon, but I wonder what the odds are of Gus saying I want my guy and using his Auburn payout as leverage.

I cant imagine with the financial health of the athletic dept they would buy out Shannon, but I wonder what the odds are of Gus saying I want my guy and using his Auburn payout as leverage.
If we haven’t seen pictures of them together he’s gone.

Gus would like to bring in his own DC but buyout may stop that from happening....unless boosters step up big time.

We still have the majority of the Tenn payout money. So I think we can afford to axe him if he wanted. I just don’t know who out there has more experience than Shannon.

Florida didn’t play Auburn while Shannon was a Gator, so they don’t have any on the field history against each other.

The only thing in Shannon’s favor is the timeline. We need to have a complete staff in less than 30 days and we are pretty late to the party. So most assistants are pretty plugged into their programs.

Reactions: Knight Strength
We still have the majority of the Tenn payout money. So I think we can afford to axe him if he wanted. I just don’t know who out there has more experience than Shannon.

Florida didn’t play Auburn while Shannon was a Gator, so they don’t have any on the field history against each other.

The only thing in Shannon’s favor is the timeline. We need to have a complete staff in less than 30 days and we are pretty late to the party. So most assistants are pretty plugged into their programs.
We do have buyout money, but we also had a very poor year in terms of revenue generation due to covid.

You’re right, though, we probably *could* afford it if we really wanted to go a different direction.

Personally, I would be okay with giving him one more year.

We do have buyout money, but we also had a very poor year in terms of revenue generation due to covid.

You’re right, though, we probably *could* afford it if we really wanted to go a different direction.

Personally, I would be okay with giving him one more year.

I would also think TM amortized that buyout money in his mind to afford the higher salaries (coach and assistants) over the next few years

Last year was ugly, no doubt (with mitigating circumstances). However, I have to admit, I think RS has value and am intrigued to see what his D looks like under a GM program during a "show cause" year. I think that's what we'll probably get.

Last year was ugly, no doubt (with mitigating circumstances). However, I have to admit, I think RS has value and am intrigued to see what his D looks like under a GM program during a "show cause" year. I think that's what we'll probably get.
Same.

As much as I would love to know, I doubt we will ever know what the split is of “blame” between Heupel/Shannon/Covid for last year.

Based on Gus's reaction I think he gone. Stock up on that 4 rivers on the drive out. Randy loves him some 4 rivers.

It's his ship. He's not some rookie head coach. He's going to be allowed to do what he thinks needs to be done to be successful. I think Randy is gone. Big thanks to Randy. Regardless of the negativity on here about him, he did a good job. 2018 and 2019 defenses were "good enough". Only time will tell if last year was an aberration or not. I think it will be. We had sooooooooooo many pieces missing on defense. We started down and the losses of personnel just kept accumulating.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Same.

As much as I would love to know, I doubt we will ever know what the split is of “blame” between Heupel/Shannon/Covid for last year.
Agree. Look at the way Michigan (2-4), Penn State (4-5), Mich State (2-5), LSU (5-5), Auburn (6-5) and plenty of others ended up. I think COVID had a much bigger impact on some programs than can be easily measured by stats and metrics, for whatever reason.

It's his ship. He's not some rookie head coach. He's going to be allowed to do what he thinks needs to be done to be successful. I think Randy is gone. Big thanks to Randy. Regardless of the negativity on here about him, he did a good job. 2018 and 2019 defenses were "good enough". Only time will tell if last year was an aberration or not. I think it will be. We had sooooooooooo many pieces missing on defense. We started down and the losses of personnel just kept accumulating.
Agree. I mean how can you keep a $hit show like Shannon and our defense the last 3 years, and have a top 10 defense. Square peg round hole here.

Agree. Look at the way Michigan (2-4), Penn State (4-5), Mich State (2-5), LSU (5-5), Auburn (6-5) and plenty of others ended up. I think COVID had a much bigger impact on some programs than can be easily measured by stats and metrics, for whatever reason.
LSU was expected. Had a bunch of guys go NFL. Everyone knew they’d struggle with 15 new starters.

Experience yes, recent successes, no.

“Senior defensive analyst” sounds like won’t save anything in an offset. Great value for FSU.

Leavitt made $80k as an analyst for them the year prior.

Even if they doubled that amount for Randy, it won’t come close to the 1 million the program is paying him to not be our DC this season. The offset will be small if anything at all.

This hurts us by losing Coach Shannon.. All the Coach Shannon haters ask yourself how can a coach be so lame and worthless ? Like many of you idiots claim he is. When Coach Shannon continues in his coaching career by landing jobs at Miami, Florida, UCF and now FSU. How ? Is he not an asset ?

Missed a HC moving on to Tennessee from kids he recruited. Guess you missed that.

ADVERTISEMENT