ADVERTISEMENT

Will this administration use military force against our citizens?

The only guarantee is that whatever Trump does, he'll be criticized for it.
It's been an absolutely crazy plot thread that you couldn't write if you tried. 3.5 years of Trump is a nazi, Hitler, dictator who is going to use the military to take over the US (even though they also run stories showing that the US flag officers hate Trump). At no point did Trump show any inclination to do anything but defer to the States and Courts in almost every issue (aside from the "investigations" into the vapor wrongdoings).

Then Seattle decides to cede a good portion of it's city to domestic terrorists that are obstructing civil authorities with threats of force while using "military-style" weapons. Trump ponders over a federal response in that one area to do what the local government is obviously incapable of doing and now we've got "See, we were right, Trump is going to use the military to take over the US!" Oh, the crowing Professor Richardson must be doing right now.

Reactions: DAiello18
He can try, the vast majority of the intelligent people in the military, including most officers, realize what he actually is and so of course will not follow an unlawful order.

It's been an absolutely crazy plot thread that you couldn't write if you tried. 3.5 years of Trump is a nazi, Hitler, dictator who is going to use the military to take over the US (even though they also run stories showing that the US flag officers hate Trump). At no point did Trump show any inclination to do anything but defer to the States and Courts in almost every issue (aside from the "investigations" into the vapor wrongdoings).

Then Seattle decides to cede a good portion of it's city to domestic terrorists that are obstructing civil authorities with threats of force while using "military-style" weapons. Trump ponders over a federal response in that one area to do what the local government is obviously incapable of doing and now we've got "See, we were right, Trump is going to use the military to take over the US!" Oh, the crowing Professor Richardson must be doing right now.
We literally had leftists on this board complaining that Trump didnt declare martial law 2 months ago, after 3 years of screaming that he wants to be a dictator. He's been amazingly consistent in respecting state and local authorities the entire time. I honestly thought he would take extreme measures in this case of any crisis so its been a pleasant surprise to me.

No. The trap of using the US Military for law enforcement is beyond the fact that the military is not trained to handle it.

It's the fact that the US Military should never be put in a position where it sides with the people over the government. That's how military dictatorships start, especially when the orders are not against humanity or otherwise illegal, and merely guard or other services. It then quickly gets confusing, especially when shooters are among the innocent.

The US is the oldest Republic in the world that has not been a military dictatorship at some point. It's because the officers recognize they must follow the orders of their civilian, elected leaders, as long as they are not illegal or against humanity. Just the other day a National Guard Captain ordered his officers and enlisted men and women to kneel, and nearly almost joined a reporter in a march. They can never do such.

Again, their orders were not illegal or against humanity, just guard privately own buildings. But, again, things get confusing really quickly.

We literally had leftists on this board complaining that Trump didnt declare martial law 2 months ago, after 3 years of screaming that he wants to be a dictator.
It's the greatest example of an indirect (although I think a small subset intentionally wanted it) Cloward-Piven strategy. And unlike in the '60s, virtually all Americans now side with the plight of African-Americans.

He's been amazingly consistent in respecting state and local authorities the entire time. I honestly thought he would take extreme measures in this case of any crisis so its been a pleasant surprise to me.
Some on the 'far-right left' honestly wanted to hurt the economy. I don't think most of them realized that they instigated a depression. Yes, we're heading into an economic depression, we just don't see it yet.

We have evictions coming, as well as 18 months continual bankruptcies lined up. It will be interesting to see if price controls will come about, especially since we make so little in this country any more, other than food, unlike the drior Depression. The lack of respecting private property is also scary.

I.e., during the last Depression, most Americans only stole to eat. During this reality, enough -- even if just a small subsert of 1% of protestors ('the actors') -- are just utterly destructive, driven by Marxist views they consider to be 'good values,' such as no one 'earning' what they own.

Then there's also the reality that we'll likely have 3rd world hyperinflation as a result of our debt breaking $30T by 2022, maybe even early 2021 if the Democratic take control of the White House and Senate. If that happens, bye-bye investors ... at least for awhile.

But at least we'll be making things in this country again by the mid-2030s, at least for those who live through it. I just fear we'll be full-on communist, as we won't be facist (economically)

ADVERTISEMENT