ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush for Heisman...

If you're consistently moving the chains that means defenses are not consistently stacking the box and are most likely concerned about the big strike potential. If you can prove that you have big strike potential that will help move the chains.
Our defense will often play very well against called plays but struggle against a team that has a scrambling QB (even UCONN, remember last season opener? I was there).
That's the difference maker that moves the chains when the play call sucks.

I want an offense that is so fast that the guys moving the chains need someone to move THEM faster. Either that, or there’s not even a need to move the chains, because we scored

Do they move chains for an extra point?

KZ beat Pitt. Could be different in Pittsburg this year.
KZ had a highlight day, but our defense didn't allow an offensive point in that game until there was 5 minutes left and the 3rd string was in the game. In the first half alone they forced 4 punts (including 3 three-and-outs) plus an interception.

e.t.a.: Just saw Fred's post with similar thoughts.

Reactions: Knight Strength
If we're hoping that a grad transfer that couldn't win the job at his previous school finally learns to throw medium and short passes over the summer, then color me skeptical. Add in Mack's unproven ability to read a defense after two years here, and his fumbling tendancies, and I'll take that one new guy that broke those other two Heisman candidates HS records last year instead.
I believe Wimbush was 13-3 at Notre Dame. Say what you will about Ian Book being awarded the job, but overall Wimbush has shown himself to be a winner.

I understand not naming a starting Qb this early, but not having a #1 qb listed for UCF has more than likely squashed Wimbush mentions of an early Heisman candidate. Hard to say he will win the trophy when he hasn't even won the starting position yet. With that said, look who got an early mention in Sport's Illustrated, "Greg McCrae (UCF)"

The 117 College Football Players Who Could Win the 2019 Heisman Trophy

https://www.si.com/college-football...ace-candidates-tua-tagovailoa-trevor-lawrence

I understand not naming a starting Qb this early, but not having a #1 qb listed for UCF has more than likely squashed Wimbush mentions of an early Heisman candidate. Hard to say he will win the trophy when he hasn't even won the starting position yet. With that said, look who got an early mention in Sport's Illustrated, "Greg McCrae (UCF)"

The 117 College Football Players Who Could Win the 2019 Heisman Trophy

https://www.si.com/college-football...ace-candidates-tua-tagovailoa-trevor-lawrence

That's probably true but coach cant just name a guy so he has a shot at the heisman. He needs to manage egos and work ethics, and see who's going to keep working for it as long as possible.

The heisman is almost like the CFI anyway. "G5" athletes have to have a magical season to get it.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I want an offense that is so fast that the guys moving the chains need someone to move THEM faster. Either that, or there’s not even a need to move the chains, because we scored

Do they move chains for an extra point?

You can only go so fast before they stop play because the refs and chain guys can't keep up or the opposing team fakes injuries.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What’s the highest someone has finished in Heisman that wasn’t the starter in June before season started.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT