ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush highlights from Notre Dame. This guy has some

If he plays like this, he is gonna be our QB this year........
No doubt he can play like this this year. I'm sure he'll even progress significantly but I'll wait until the season starts before I judge him. The issue for him is passing. His accuracy is in the low 50%s. Maybe his run game blows the passing game wide open but I'd just like his accuracy to improve. I think he'd make a good rb.

This video includes highlights against Temple, Boston College, Miami (Ohio), Michigan State, USC, and UMASS. On average this is definitely tougher than our schedule but it's not the best of the best. I still think there's room for other QBs to prove they're better.

No doubt he can play like this this year. I'm sure he'll even progress significantly but I'll wait until the season starts before I judge him. The issue for him is passing. His accuracy is in the low 50%s. Maybe his run game blows the passing game wide open but I'd just like his accuracy to improve. I think he'd make a good rb.

This video includes highlights against Temple, Boston College, Miami (Ohio), Michigan State, USC, and UMASS. On average this is definitely tougher than our schedule but it's not the best of the best. I still think there's room for other QBs to prove they're better.
Even if those teams are tougher than our opponents, he was competing with 4 and 5 star O lineman and skill players. Can’t really compare Temple to us and them without KZ and say it’s obvious he does the same things. He may but he may not.

To quote O’Leary, everyone looks good in highlight tapes.

He may or may not prove to be worthy of significant PT but we are certainly a better program with his added depth than without.

Actually what he said was he has I don't watch highlight tape because I have never seen a bad highlight tape.......totally in the context of recruiting HS players. IMO Wimbush's tape is very indicative of his capabilities against top tier D1 football teams and should not be discounted in terms of what his QB skills and abilities are ........

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Actually what he said was he has I don't watch highlight tape because I have never seen a bad highlight tape.......totally in the context of recruiting HS players. IMO Wimbush's tape is very indicative of his capabilities against top tier D1 football teams and should not be discounted in terms of what his QB skills and abilities are ........
You should probably watch game film and not a highlight reel if you really want to see his capabilities. Which is really what he meant.

Reactions: Wings0fred
You should probably watch game film and not a highlight reel if you really want to see his capabilities. Which is really what he meant.

GOL said that totally in the context of recruiting HS players.......and I will say it again, IMO Wimbush's tape is very indicative of his capabilities against top tier D1 football teams and should not be discounted in terms of what his college level QB skills and abilities are ........

Last edited:
GOL said that totally in the context of recruiting HS players.......and I will say it again, IMO Wimbush's tape is very indicative of his capabilities against top tier D1 football teams and should not be discounted in terms of what his college level QB skills and abilities are ........
I think we're on the same page. My perspective is that highlight reels are just clips of successful plays. They are self-selected (or in this case fan-selected) and are created with 100% bias towards the athlete they are featuring.

We can tell from these highlights that BW has elite athleticism. His ability to run and avoid tacklers is "tier 1" (who said this on here before?). This is most likely due to his strength, speed, and agility which I believe is absolutely elite.

Trust me. I've gotten off to every one of his highlight videos I can find, several times each. And I'll go on record saying that I think just relying on BWs strengths could take us to another undefeated season.

But, for a QB, something highlight videos don't show very well is decision making and accuracy. You get a glimpse of their best, but you never see their worst. We know BWs accuracy is in the low 50%s. In our offense, passing is relied on heavily.

It's not that BW isn't the best man for the job. It's just that BWs highlights shouldn't earn him the job. The competition continues.

Yes, that was what he was talking about but I think it still applies here. It shows the ceiling but not the expected production - not useless or something to be dismissed but it also doesn’t tell you if they’re a great or just good player.

Certainly a good athlete. Will be interesting if he makes a surge in the summer with more time.

Reactions: JAFFX2
I think we're on the same page. My perspective is that highlight reels are just clips of successful plays. They are self-selected (or in this case fan-selected) and are created with 100% bias towards the athlete they are featuring.

We can tell from these highlights that BW has elite athleticism. His ability to run and avoid tacklers is "tier 1" (who said this on here before?). This is most likely due to his strength, speed, and agility which I believe is absolutely elite.

Trust me. I've gotten off to every one of his highlight videos I can find, several times each. And I'll go on record saying that I think just relying on BWs strengths could take us to another undefeated season.

But, for a QB, something highlight videos don't show very well is decision making and accuracy. You get a glimpse of their best, but you never see their worst. We know BWs accuracy is in the low 50%s. In our offense, passing is relied on heavily.

It's not that BW isn't the best man for the job. It's just that BWs highlights shouldn't earn him the job. The competition continues.

Agree 100%....obviously he has to earn the job and yes I believe that based upon his elite athleticism that you point out he has a good shot emerging as the starting QB

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Agree 100%....obviously he has to earn the job and yes I believe that based upon his elite athleticism that you point out he has a good shot emerging as the starting QB
When we first got word of BW coming, ND fans said he was misused and he will fit our offense better.

If the offense is easier to understand maybe his decision making will improve. And our QB coaching might be better than NDs.

Since this time of year is good for unsubstantiated claims and predictions
.. I'll say if BW can improve his pass game just a little bit he would be a great candidate for the starting job. It might be an issue that Heup doesn't like his skillset but I think he'd be able to force plays where others could not.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAFFX2

. You’ve gotten off to every one of his videos. Some several times. Sounds messy.

When we first got word of BW coming, ND fans said he was misused and he will fit out offense better.

If the offense is easier to understand maybe his decision making will improve. And our QB coaching might be better than NDs.

Since thisntime of year is good for unsubstantiated claims and predictions
.. I'll say if BW can improve his pass game just a little bit he would be a great candidate for the starting job. It might be an issue that Heup doesn't like his skillset but I think he'd be able to force plays where others could not.

This

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT