ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush -> Notre Dame Pro Day

Makes sense to me that he would go to NDs pro day. He has more roots there plus he'll get more eyes from scouts and media. Good luck to him.

Is that what you mean?
It's just making me wonder if there's more to why he didn't play practically at all.

Also why did we bring him in, clearly DG and Mack were 1 and 2, did we not know this when he came in?

I'm curious what we knew about the QB situation and when

Reactions: Knight Strength
He transferred before the spring so I dont think DG was already ahead of him. And Mack didnt have much experience so I wouldn't think he was entrenched as the starter either.

Reactions: PhDee
It's just making me wonder if there's more to why he didn't play practically at all.

Also why did we bring him in, clearly DG and Mack were 1 and 2, did we not know this when he came in?

I'm curious what we knew about the QB situation and when
Mack getting injured was an extra curveball.

Anyone that watched the spring game and followed practice reports all spring and summer had an opportunity to choose to see what was clearly developing.

The Wimbush transfer was a disaster for him IMO. He gambled and lost. He looked good at times. Shit happens. Yes, the Mack injury was a curveball and he probably would have been the starter unless he didn’t play well. DG may have redshirted as odd as that sounds now. Wimbush probably wasn’t going to play much at UCF regardless.

Wimbush would have played much more as a backup at ND. There were definitely some behind the scenes issues. Unfortunately, it took awhile (expectedly) for our future (DG) to get experience. That and other well documented reasons cost us 3 games.
Wimbush SHOULD go to ND for his Pro day. It’s a better fit for him as he will get more exposure. He might actually be more comfortable there at this point

Reactions: Knight Strength
There were definitely some behind the scenes issues.

No doubt...maybe someday we will know what really happened.......

"He is vague about what went wrong, but places “the why” on his own shoulders. Personal issues away from football, that he felt he needed and wanted to give his full attention, was the trade-off for potential playing time, he suggested, even if it might have come at a different position than QB."

Reactions: Ucfmikes
No doubt...maybe someday we will know what really happened.......

"He is vague about what went wrong, but places “the why” on his own shoulders. Personal issues away from football, that he felt he needed and wanted to give his full attention, was the trade-off for potential playing time, he suggested, even if it might have come at a different position than QB."
Where's that quote from?

edit: nvm

He was at UCF 1 year with almost no impact vs 4 there, don’t expect him to rep this Program..would be a different story if he had a Russel Wilson at Wisconsin type season at UCF

Reactions: ahabmw and Ucfmikes
In 10 years no one will care he came here for 5 games and didn’t do much. Green will still be talked about more.

Reactions: ahabmw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT