ADVERTISEMENT

Wimpy USF fans are SCARED! LOL

Knightro2003

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2007
D.C.
Seriously, this has to be a joke. I would be so humiliated if our alumni club tried to do this at an away game:

Tailgate with the Bulls in Orlando!
Tailgate: Friday, Nov. 24th; 2 hours in length, starting 3 1/2 hours prior to kickoff
Kickoff: TBD
Location: Off campus, in a safe and friendly indoor environment.
Holiday Inn Orlando East-UCF
1724 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826 (map)

Link

Don't be scared USF!

Seriously, this has to be a joke. I would be so humiliated if our alumni club tried to do this at an away game:

Tailgate: Friday, Nov. 24th; 2 hours in length, starting 3 1/2 hours prior to kickoff
Location: Off campus, in a safe and friendly indoor environment. http://www.usfalumni.org/controls/e...e=1&puid=fb422947-aa42-4b0f-8167-3c3c181b5f87
1724 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826 (map)

Link

Don't be scared USF!
They used to tailgate next to their big inflatable Cow on Gemini as you come off of University. What a punch of wussies. That's no fun

I tailgate in one of their main lots for our rivalry games over there and never had any issues

They are already making plans to miss the game citing the stadium "structural issues". If they happen to fall to Tulsa you might only see a few hundred cows on black friday.

Don't forget they blame us for slashing their AD's tires a few years back. Oh, and they don't like getting yelled at and harassed by all the tough drunks on memory mall when they hike through campus to get to the stadium. *eye-roll*

When USF fans come to our stadium, do they look like red chairs?

Epic! Those must have been the alternate jersey colors they started wearing back in the days of dumping the second half of the season but are worn all season long now! LOL!

rumor has it this news has spread to Power 5 Offices who have now removed them from consideration. This is not a Power 5 fanbase

if USF had an OCS I'd walk through the heart of their tailgate like
giphy.gif

Remember when we were in CUSA and were voted the worse fans in the country due to our rudeness to our guests? I never realized how soft football fans could be until that happened, LOL!

Not all of us will be at the alumni tailgate. My party of 10 will be parked smack dab in the middle of the action. This is what college football is all about! Been to ucf 3 times, Auburn, penn st, South Carolina, ECU, uf, FSU, etc. Worst fans? South Carolina for my group. See you Black Friday!

Not all of us will be at the alumni tailgate. My party of 10 will be parked smack dab in the middle of the action. This is what college football is all about! Been to ucf 3 times, Auburn, penn st, South Carolina, ECU, uf, FSU, etc. Worst fans? South Carolina for my group. See you Black Friday!

Go tell your s. florida friends they sound like little girls running scared in that forum link.

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/121291-looks-like-ucf-is-almost-sold-out/

Good! Man up!

Just tell those Cow fans that if the stadium collapses, the fallout will reach off campus anyway killing them all. They might as well tailgate on Memory Mall so at least they can try to hide and be protected under a pile of passed out students

A co-worker of mine and his cow friends are going to uber onto campus straight to the stadium to avoid all the unpleasantness...

Honestly, this doesn't fill me with pride for my University. We advertise how proud we are to harass opposing fans....

I understand your sentiment and absolutely agree. I would like UCF fans to be welcoming to opponent fans and then have the team execute a great win out on the field. Oops, I said "execute"... did I scare anyone? I think the OP was simply pointing out the laughable drama being portrayed by some (not all) fans to the west, and further demonstrated by their alumni association or whoever it is that's sponsoring their pre-game gathering. Sorry, and this goes for our own alumni association as well... it's not tailgate if it's held indoors.

This whole deal with "I'm scared" and "here's your safe zone" is pathetic, and is reminiscent of the post election snowflake crap that went on. Are they going to pass out teddy bears to the fans in green in case they get scared during the game? It's just stupid drama, and I'm sure at least some of their fans are embarrassed by it.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Honestly, this doesn't fill me with pride for my University. We advertise how proud we are to harass opposing fans and then wonder why people don't bring their families to games?

Man, be better than this.

Don't be a white knight. Our trash talk against texas was embarrassing, seeing as they aren't a rival and it was a nice gesture to come to it stadium for the first game - but this is completely different.

2 points:

1. The amount of trash talk we give for this game is minor to other rivalry games. Have, you been to many other rivalry games? See uf-fsu, Texas - tamu to name a couple. Yes, cussing around kids is dick and uncalled for. However it happens in all these types of games by some embarrassing fans Normally the really bad stuff is in the student sections anyways - just avoid it.

2. They bring it on themselves -- see the trash talk from Levitt and growth after 64-12 and their digging up our field with a shovel, to name a couple.... Their leadership isn't doing anything to help their snowflake fans with their safespace issues.

USF = University of Snow Flakes

Honestly, this doesn't fill me with pride for my University. We advertise how proud we are to harass opposing fans and then wonder why people don't bring their families to games?

Man, be better than this.

This is not the case at all. Maybe if USF plops down in the middle of Memory Mall surrounded by thousands of drunk students there could be some jarring. I'm a huge UCF fan and don't bring my family over there.

I've tailgated for every game since Texas and have witnessed none of what you say. At USF games in the past there have been USF people tailgating and aside from the occasional friendly boo, all is well.

That's how you do it, right there! Indoor tailgating in November in Florida is dumb. Other than some light banter UCF fans are not bad to others. People are just blowing an isolated tire slashing and smoothie throwing out of proportion. Yeah, if you go walking through Memory Mall you will find a drunk bro looking to fight, but keep in mind that they are just as likely to fight another UCF fan and chances are that guy had no plans of going into the game anyway.

LOL, "too bad UCF doesn't have a biggest stadium to accommodate visiting fan bases." You can't even sell out your stadium!
Edit: Cant' sell out your lower bowl! 2nd Edit: Sell out the pirate ship!

Defend not so classy behavior all you want. I've been to other stadiums as an opposing fan an it wasn't anything like we seem to be so proud of. One example that sticks out is I was at the Clemson - BC game in 07 where the winner went to the ACC championship. I happened to be there with a group of 30 something BC fans. I've never encountered a more welcoming group of people in my life. Yes, there was discussion about who was going to win and light hearted trash talk, but a great experience overall. Even in defeat, Clemson fans were great. ANother example is UCF v NCSU in '07. Didn't see any of this kind of stuff there wither. Were they rivalry games? No. I'm not sure the game being a rivalry justifies the behavior though.

We're talking about being overly nasty and rude to people we don't even know and who individually have done nothing to us. How are you proud of that? If a USF fan starts it, sure, give it right back.

As far as this "snowflake" crap, give it a rest. It doesn't take a particularly tough person to talk trash to people within the confines of your own "safe space" i.e., YOUR stadium. That's fake-o tough guy stuff. Walk into the middle of a USF tailgate in Tampa and do it, and I'll say you're a tough guy. Not in freaking Memory Mall.

Mock me all you want, but I was hoping we were better than them. Apparently, we're not.

BTW, I've been to USF- UCF games and I'm always appalled at how they behave, especially in front of children. I'd be very disappointed to see our fans act the same way unprovoked.

Defend not so classy behavior all you want. I've been to other stadiums as an opposing fan an it wasn't anything like we seem to be so proud of. One example that sticks out is I was at the Clemson - BC game in 07 where the winner went to the ACC championship. I happened to be there with a group of 30 something BC fans. I've never encountered a more welcoming group of people in my life. Yes, there was discussion about who was going to win and light hearted trash talk, but a great experience overall. Even in defeat, Clemson fans were great. ANother example is UCF v NCSU in '07. Didn't see any of this kind of stuff there wither. Were they rivalry games? No. I'm not sure the game being a rivalry justifies the behavior though.

We're talking about being overly nasty and rude to people we don't even know and who individually have done nothing to us. How are you proud of that? If a USF fan starts it, sure, give it right back.

As far as this "snowflake" crap, give it a rest. It doesn't take a particularly tough person to talk trash to people within the confines of your own "safe space" i.e., YOUR stadium. That's fake-o tough guy stuff. Walk into the middle of a USF tailgate in Tampa and do it, and I'll say you're a tough guy. Not in freaking Memory Mall.

Mock me all you want, but I was hoping we were better than them. Apparently, we're not.

I agree to a point, but I have been to plenty of away games (almost all OOC) and for the most part what you get from opposing fans is pleasant condescension. The moment you have the audacity to think you can win is the moment the claws come out. I wnet to UF for law school and the obnoxious behavior there is also bad and normal, especially during the FSU or UG games. That said I always cringe at the abusive behavior or the uninspired "you suck" cheer. I remember in 2015 USF fans were on the memory mall and talking trash, but the witty banter was fun. It just sucks when people take it too far or think that the louder you yell the more creative your trash talk is.

I specifically remember going over to RayJay for the first time as part of the alumni association and Dr. Hitt was trying to speak and USF Fans kept shouting "gol-den show-er!" So USF is the pot calling the kettle black.

No, us defending our own nasty behavior because "they do it too" is the pot calling the kettle black.

Just be better than USF fans. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

No, us defending our own nasty behavior because "they do it too" is the pot calling the kettle black.

Just be better than USF fans. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

I never defended bad behavior, but to call out another school's fan base as nasty when your own fan-base is nasty is hypocritical.

That being said I think our fan base has grown up but we'll see as the blood is bad as it gets with USF.

sorry @dollerroller gotta respond to this white knighting

First of fall 99% of USF fans complaints are seeming to come from a few fans experience game of telephone(every year it suddenly gets worse) from their first game at UCF 9 years ago where many never returned. What they don't realize is all the rule changes to tailgating that happened after that season.

Second this game is now on Thanksgiving weekend where a sizable portion of a sizable part of the student fanbase will be at home & those that do come to tailgate & go to the game probably will not party as hard compared to games in early September or October. Someone is more likely to be an obnoxious A Clown when on a full weekend bender.

Third all Rivalries have some of this. USF fans make the example of FSU and Auburn. That's bc they do not care about USF & considered you a tuneup. Go to an FSU-Miami or UF-Miami tailgate and you'll see some of the same or worse.

Reactions: Knightro2003
I wasn't talking about whether the USF tailgate is appropriate or even justified. I was talking about the reaction to it in this particular thread. Openly stating that harassing USF fans is cool and literally celebrating the fact we were voted the worst at treating opposing fans. Justifying "unclassy" behavior simply because "they do it to".

It's not white knighting when you're just asking people who are openly advocating for bad behavior to not to.

Being like everyone else isn't something to aspire to.

I have been to many and NC State was the worst experience from walking through their gauntlet to in the stands. No issues anywhere else, (including Marshall in the Coach K days)

I had field passes for the UCF/Clemson game a FEW years back, granted, we were being taken care of by their athletic assc guys, I thought they were very classy about our little Ryan Shneider lead program. Couple of the Clemson people were saying the we're worried about playing us. I always figured this was a South Carolina thing (Southern Politeness) That's why I was surprised to read that S Carolina fans were on someone's all time worst.

Incidentally, our guys looked so much bigger than Clemson guys, even the S.C cops on the sidelines were shaking the hand of the really big bald FHP trooper thats always on the field with our team.

I wasn't talking about whether the USF tailgate is appropriate or even justified. I was talking about the reaction to it in this particular thread. Openly stating that harassing USF fans is cool and literally celebrating the fact we were voted the worst at treating opposing fans. Justifying "unclassy" behavior simply because "they do it to".

It's not white knighting when you're just asking people who are openly advocating for bad behavior to not to.

Being like everyone else isn't something to aspire to.

I was not celebrating the fact we were voted the worst fan base, i was calling it out as a ridiculous statement. I should have used the sarcasm sign.

Location: Off campus, in a safe and friendly indoor environment.
1724 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826 (map)

Link

Don't be scared USF!

Anyone remember the dude that tried to go up the gut of Memory Mall with a USF flag in 2008????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT