ADVERTISEMENT

Wolfe chickens out

Most realistic poll I have seen so far, and that is considering the top 25 not just UCF.:sunglasses:

Think he changed the math? Had UCF #1 prior to bowls but Alabama got a chance at 2 quality wins and UCF just 1. Was a very close margin.

Keep in mind that they also have James Madison finishing ahead of NDSU. Think about that one for a second before you throw it away with the rest of the garbage.

I have no issue with how a system based on mathematics ranks us , just the biased humans protecting their $$$$

By insinuating they 'chickened out', are you suggesting there is an ability to modify formulas or variables to influence results?

Are formulas / variables published to cross check their math?

By "chickened out" I was insulting the P5 community. I'm guessing their formulas put a lot more weight for a 5 team barely beating a 2 team then a 1 team doing what it should. Still think it's strange since UCF was 1 after beating a low ranked Memphis and now we're a 2. Was really just hoping for someone to make the National Championship NCAA recognized. I have no idea if they changed anything to make a P5 king (probably not).

By "chickened out" I was insulting the P5 community. I'm guessing their formulas put a lot more weight for a 5 team barely beating a 2 team then a 1 team doing what it should. Still think it's strange since UCF was 1 after beating a low ranked Memphis and now we're a 2. Was really just hoping for someone to make the National Championship NCAA recognized. I have no idea if they changed anything to make a P5 king (probably not).
I see, with formulas not posted, who's to say the weights placed on certain criteria aren't tweaked until the preferred results are generated.

I think for Wolfe he didn’t update after the semis, thus Alabama got 2 games vs quality opponents to UCFs 1. Margin between 1 and 2 was razor thin. Like if Memphis beat ISU UCF is probably #1.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I think for Wolfe he didn’t update after the semis, thus Alabama got 2 games vs quality opponents to UCFs 1. Margin between 1 and 2 was razor thin. Like if Memphis beat ISU UCF is probably #1.
I agree with this. Bama didnt play in the conference finals so didnt have anything to base it off of. Then the two games helped Bama.

Well damn, another reason to hate Memphis.

By insinuating they 'chickened out', are you suggesting there is an ability to modify formulas or variables to influence results?

Are formulas / variables published to cross check their math?
I think that it's very troubling that none of these computer ranking systems except for Colley Matrix publish their methodology and allow for scenario testing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT