ADVERTISEMENT

Woman Logic ....

barrister1602

Golden Knight
Jan 24, 2007
So I've been seeing this nice girl for about a year now. She's super smart, successful and sexy. She's the general counsel for a good size corporation here in Okla. We've hit it off so far. One of the things we enjoy together is "binge watching" TV series. Even though I had already seen them, we did Breaking Bad and Sopranos. Great to watch them again. We also watched all the Walking Dead episodes. She loved WD. I thought WD was ok, but not to level of BB or Sopranos.
The past month we also watched all the Game of Thrones episodes. Here's where Women logic comes in ...
So yesterday we just finished Season 5 of GOT, and she says she is done with it and doesn't want to watch anymore. I ask why (assuming Jon Snow's death is the reason). To my surprise, she says its because the series is "no longer believable." I ask for further clarification. She explains that up to this point, all that had occurred on GOT "could have really happened." Mind you up to this point GOT has had fire breathing dragons, black magic, etc. But she claims that the white walkers army of the dead is "could have never happened" so she's no longer interested.
I gently bring up that she loves Walking Dead and the zombies on it are basically the same as the white walkers on GOT. But she vehemently disagrees. She claims that zombies could really happen but that the white walkers are not possible.
This is a woman in her late 40's, with 2 advanced degrees, and has traveled the world. She is a ball-buster in her job. Very successful negotiator. And she truly believes what I just wrote.
Women make my head hurt ....

From a cellular biology level, the dehydration that would occur due the lack of bloodflow within the body would essentially casue the neuromuscular system in the zombies to fail after a few days, maybe a week at the most, rendering the zombies back to being inanimate. They wouldn't last very long, let alone the years that TWD cast has been roaming the apocalypse. I will give TWD some credit, the zombies are more deteriorated and slower than they were at the beginning of the series. Still a good show.

So I've been seeing this nice girl for about a year now. She's super smart, successful and sexy. She's the general counsel for a good size corporation here in Okla. We've hit it off so far. One of the things we enjoy together is "binge watching" TV series. Even though I had already seen them, we did Breaking Bad and Sopranos. Great to watch them again. We also watched all the Walking Dead episodes. She loved WD. I thought WD was ok, but not to level of BB or Sopranos.
The past month we also watched all the Game of Thrones episodes. Here's where Women logic comes in ...
So yesterday we just finished Season 5 of GOT, and she says she is done with it and doesn't want to watch anymore. I ask why (assuming Jon Snow's death is the reason). To my surprise, she says its because the series is "no longer believable." I ask for further clarification. She explains that up to this point, all that had occurred on GOT "could have really happened." Mind you up to this point GOT has had fire breathing dragons, black magic, etc. But she claims that the white walkers army of the dead is "could have never happened" so she's no longer interested.
I gently bring up that she loves Walking Dead and the zombies on it are basically the same as the white walkers on GOT. But she vehemently disagrees. She claims that zombies could really happen but that the white walkers are not possible.
This is a woman in her late 40's, with 2 advanced degrees, and has traveled the world. She is a ball-buster in her job. Very successful negotiator. And she truly believes what I just wrote.
Women make my head hurt ....
Disclaimer: I don't watch GOT but I watch Walking Dead. It could be one of those things that are "too convenient" at the moment. Example: superhero's movies when they suddenly have a superpower that they didn't have before just so they can beat somebody. I guess fire breathing dragons, black magic, etc are to be expected within the GOT universe (I don't know) but the white walkers army of the dead are not.
In WD would be if the group finds a laser gun or the cure when a main character is becoming a zombie. In Naked and Afraid, it is when they always find food 2-3 days before extraction. Stars Wars: the Death Star had to wait 30 minutes for Yavin IV

From a cellular biology level, the dehydration that would occur due the lack of bloodflow within the body would essentially casue the neuromuscular system in the zombies to fail after a few days, maybe a week at the most, rendering the zombies back to being inanimate. They wouldn't last very long, let alone the years that TWD cast has been roaming the apocalypse. I will give TWD some credit, the zombies are more deteriorated and slower than they were at the beginning of the series. Still a good show.
The same science that makes zombies possible keeps them alive a long time.

Reactions: CommuterBob
Exactly. If we understood the science behind a zombie apocalypse, there wouldn't be a zombie apocalypse.
Zika has been seen to attack human brain cells. What are the chances that Zika is the first step towards the zombie apocalypse?

Enjoy the fun time while it lasts. We all know you are going to break up with girl and then she will become the psycho ex girlfriend that tries to slash your tires, all while you are hanging out with some late 20s girls looking to settle down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT