ADVERTISEMENT

Women's and Mens UCF bball article

Amazing how bland a Sentinel interview can be. Last night's questions by diehard season-ticket holders were much more probing and yielded much more informative answers. Who else was there? I didn't see several of the faculty there (they say things like, "I've already met Coach Dawkin a zillion times before because I'm so wired in and important").

I watched some of the fb live feed of the interviews. Both coaches are great at answering questions. I think Danny White hired two great people. I hope they are successful and can turn UCF bball around.

Coach Abe didn't go into specifics last night. However, she said that all 13 scholarship players are healthy (the fourteenth must sit out a year -- so that's certainly a transfer recruit). Past years have seen several players on crutches when we used to have midnight madness.

Coach Abe didn't go into specifics last night. However, she said that all 13 scholarship players are healthy (the fourteenth must sit out a year -- so that's certainly a transfer recruit). Past years have seen several players on crutches when we used to have midnight madness.
Did she mention if she could recruit well here?

They have at least one staffers from this region of the country. Coach Abe also played her first two years at U. of Georgia. Women's basketball is more national recruiting and they have northeast and midwest recruiting networks to draw on, the heartland of basketball talent, too. She's turned around every program she's been at and is a fabulous get for UCF. It was Danny and Coach Dawkins, she said, that were significant factors. Her hubby is a high school football coach, by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT