ADVERTISEMENT

WOT: Getting Older

DuvalKnight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2008
I’ve debated posting this thread for a couple weeks, but I need some sage wisdom (and some funny asshole jokes are ok too)

I turned 40 in September last year and I didn’t have a care in the world. My girlfriend and I had just closed on a new house we built. Our blended family couldn’t be happier. Life was great.

Life is still great, but the last couple months some thoughts have started to creep in a little more than I’d like. Thoughts about getting older, and eventually not being here anymore one day.

Now, I know I’m not old by any stretch of the imagination, and even though it’s been a couple years since I’ve gotten an annual check up, I have zero reason to believe anything is wrong with me.

I don’t really know what I’m looking for from you guys, but I guess I’m just wondering how you guys handle getting older and the things that come with it. Does it get easier? Has anyone else gone thru similar. Is this just a midlife crisis?

Regardless of how this thread goes, I just want you all to know I appreciate you, and this outlet we have to bond and argue together.

Charge On

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.