ADVERTISEMENT

Yard Sale

THE PUNISHER

High School Harry
Feb 20, 2002
Does anyone have any info of exactly what will be available at tomorrows yard sale? Is it all game used equipment or is there going to be regular merch as well? What kind of prices are we looking at?

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
  • Polos/golf shirts
  • T-shirts
  • Footwear (cleats and other athletic shoes)
  • Game jerseys (basketball and football)
  • Game pants

The season ticket holder/student line went all the way down one side of the fieldhouse and wrapped most of the way back when i got there at noon. I was able to get inside the building by 1pm or so just after it started raining and they let the general public in soon after that. What was left was a mix of 3 years old and older stuff mostly, with some current stuff thrown in. I spotted a few CUSA logos here and there as well. Some really nice cleats but what was left was all size 13 and up. Softball, soccer, football and basketball uniforms were the majority of the clothing options. All the helmets were already gone at $400-$450 each as well likely all bought up by the higher FEF donors that got in a 11am.

wish they kept it going longer. heard it closed at 2:30. i guess they didnt want my money when i showed up at 4.

wish they kept it going longer. heard it closed at 2:30. i guess they didnt want my money when i showed up at 4.

Would have bee a waste of your time....picked clean of anything decent early on. Saw people walking out with multiple helmets and Peach Bowl jerseys. Suspect folks walking out with bags full of stuff are gonna flip it. Not thought out and planned very well.

This should have been done on Ebay with a limit of so many items per account - with brand new accounts not eligible to purchase anything in order to prevent scalping.

This should have been done on Ebay with a limit of so many items per account - with brand new accounts not eligible to purchase anything in order to prevent scalping.

That wouldn't be remotely feasible. Would have cost entirely too much for listing, selling, and shipping fees, which doesn't include the time and labor to list, pack, and ship the items........

Well they donated at least 5k for the opportunity to flip some 300-500 dollar helmets.

I know for a fact people who didn't donate anywhere near that much that walked away with multiple helmets and Peach Bowl jerseys

I know for a fact people who didn't donate anywhere near that much that walked away with multiple helmets and Peach Bowl jerseys
Then what’s the problem? I thought the complaints were due to not being able to get things due to all the big donors getting in first. Or are the complaints that season ticket holders couldn’t roll up at noon and expect to get a peach bowl helmet or something that thousands of fans would want.

Then what’s the problem? I thought the complaints were due to not being able to get things due to all the big donors getting in first. Or are the complaints that season ticket holders couldn’t roll up at noon and expect to get a peach bowl helmet or something that thousands of fans would want.

From what I gather many people waited in very long lines when it opened to the general public but got shut out from getting anything while many others that were not large donors but got in line early walked away with a windfall of gear. I think the complaint of many was that there should have been a limit....perhaps 1 helmet, jersey, etc.

This is true. It probably would have helped to queue people by priority points after the Excellence Fund folks. It makes no sense to have a $2k donor in line with students and $500 donors.

ADVERTISEMENT