Votes: 2 5.1%

Votes: 18 46.2%

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I dont care as long as they increase value

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted 20.
I think we get the 4 corner schools from the PAC 12 eventually and when Clemson and others head to the SEC we get another 4 from that fallout.
I agree. Assuming the 4 acc castaways are Ncst, Virginia, GT, and VT the footprint centers around Texas but reaches into the SW, the SE, Mid atlantic, Midwest, and Rocky Mountains.

East: UCF, GT, Ncst, Uva, VT, Cincy, WVU, Houston, Baylor, TCU

West: AZ, Asu, Utah, Byu, Colo, TTU, OSU, Iowa st, Kansas, KSU

Play 9 division games & 2 cross over games + 1 OOC. Conf championship game can be either at home of best record or could be at Cowboys stadium or something.

might sub Louisville for one of the virginia schools but i like the massive reach from this

Geography favors the Big XII. Ironically, the winner in this conference game of musicial chairs is the one who best presents a national image.

With the Pac 12 and ACC, they are already challenged by the location of their schools (along with a host of other problems.) So if the Big XII is strategic about its pick-ups, they stand the best chance (IMHO) of partnering with the SEC and B1G on a new, members-only, national playoff system.

I'm willing to bet the 'source' of this 'preliminary discussion' leak comes from the Oregon Camp. Back in the day, Mizzou did the same thing when it wanted into the Big Ten.

My skepticism comes when you start looking at the TV revenue. No future expansion gives the current B1G schools more money -- with the exception of one that involves Notre Dame.

So unless it's a situation where schools are auditioning to join the league with the Irish, take this McMurphy 'scoop' with a grain of salt. And for what its worth, If ND joins the B1G with somebody else, my money is on Stanford, not Oregon or Washington.

IMHO, the Ducks and the Huskies will still be around for the Big XII to eventually pluck.

If American didn't lose Cincy, Houston and UCF, American could be one of the attractive conference for a big TV Deal next time around. I know this is not sexy. But I am just thinking the what ifs

If American didn't lose Cincy, Houston and UCF, American could be one of the attractive conference for a big TV Deal next time around. I know this is not sexy. But I am just thinking the what ifs
Still not as attractive as Big12 without the new 4.

usf, ecu, tulsa, temple do little to bolster confidence. usf/temple don't even have their own stadiums. tulsa uses a high school stadium. and ecu is decent (I actually like them) but bad optics, winless in everything.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Hypothesis: B12 takes Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado. B10 takes Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, Washington, and Washington State in addition to USC and UCLA to form the Big 10 West. Pac-12 goes away and nobody cares. ACC takes in Notre Dame. Memphis and Boise join the B12. Conference re-alignment for the next 10+ years is over. We end up with four mega conferences and a 12 team playoff. Six bowl games go away.

However....if the SEC raids the ACC for some teams.....

Hypothesis: B12 takes Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado. B10 takes Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, Washington, and Washington State in addition to USC and UCLA to form the Big 10 West. Pac-12 goes away and nobody cares. ACC takes in Notre Dame. Memphis and Boise join the B12. Conference re-alignment for the next 10+ years is over. We end up with four mega conferences and a 12 team playoff. Six bowl games go away.

However....if the SEC raids the ACC for some teams....
No way the B10 takes Oregon State and Wash State. I'd rather see the ACC fall apart and we grab some of the B10 fall-out schools. I'm fine w/Boise though.

No way the B10 takes Oregon State and Wash State. I'd rather see the ACC fall apart and we grab some of the B10 fall-out schools. I'm fine w/Boise though.
No shit, that was the stupidest thing I’ve read since my last visit to the crap pen.

Of course a good time to remind everyone that the further West the conference COG gets the worse for us. We really need Memphis to join us or ex-ACC schools.

No to Boise though, location is bad, academics are horrible, and the team has done nothing Nationally in 8 years.

Reactions: U C to the F
Not completely true....see below. Granted most of those wins are against weaker PAC12 schools or other in-family conference mates. Not sure of their academics and their location can't be any worse than Stillwater/Lawerence or any other hard to get to location in the Big12.

Year: Record; Notable wins
2010: 12-1; VT(10), Oregon State (24), Utah(19)
2011: 12-1; UGA(19), ASU in Las Vegas Bowl
2012: 11-2; Washington in Las Vegas Bowl
2013: 8-5;
2014: 12-2; AZ(10) in Fiesta Bowl
2015: 9-4; Washington, UVA
2016: 10-3; Washington State, Oregon State, BYU
2017: 11-3; BYU, San Diego State(19), Fresno State(25), Oregon in Las Vegas Bowl
2018: 10-3; Fresno State(23), Utah State(21)
2019: 12-2; FSU
2020: 5-2; (Covid yr)
2021: 7-5; BYU(10)

Not good this year, won’t be great next year either when we play them in Boise. I’m going to that game, will be my yearly road-trip game that year and can’t wait. Heard Boise and Idaho is awesome. Planning on going on a moose hunt with the folks I’m going with, not a hunter but going to enjoy the scenery and experience of that.

Had a great trip through the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming as the parks reopen after quarantine. It was awesome. Would love to go to Idaho.

No shit, that was the stupidest thing I’ve read since my last visit to the crap pen.

Of course a good time to remind everyone that the further West the conference COG gets the worse for us. We really need Memphis to join us or ex-ACC schools.

No to Boise though, location is bad, academics are horrible, and the team has done nothing Nationally in 8 years.

Agree we need to add to east, but Imo Memphis is a fall back in the event the SEC and BIG add 8+ ACC schools or the ACC can’t find a settlement to GOR.

Getting to a Big 16 (with the mountain time zone PAC schools) with both networks really sets it up to be the 3rd super conference. Imo that best facilitates a settlement to ACC GOR

If Yormark can’t close on a Big 16, I think the next best option is to hope UNC is so delusional about ACC surviving, that ESPN agrees to build the ACC around them in exchange for moving football schools to SEC. VT, Clemson, FSU, Miami. Maybe NCSt. Then 10-12 Big 12 schools go to ACC, along with 2-4 of the 4 corners. Basically the same as Big 12 being 3rd, but with ACC brand and for a time UNC, Duke, UVA etc.

Ugh, the end result of streaming is that there will be a ton of services and you'll have to pay for them all, in addition to a "cable" plan (for ESPN/2) with a sports package (for ESPNU). Not looking forward to it.

Ugh, the end result of streaming is that there will be a ton of services and you'll have to pay for them all, in addition to a "cable" plan (for ESPN/2) with a sports package (for ESPNU). Not looking forward to it.
Yup if you’re a soccer fan it sucks cause each league has its own service. Hope it doesn’t go tha way

20 teams!?! Something that just dawned on me: If the B12 ever has that many teams then they also need about 12 bowl tie-ins, because if they don't, that would increase the odds that a team goes 7-5 or even 8-4 and gets left out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT