ADVERTISEMENT

You’re DW...

Just posted to get thru summertime. Kind of a sell your soul to the devil question. I’d do it. 30+ mill a year to shut me up? Sign me up!

The sting right now would suck, but 50 years from now no one would even think about it

Just posted to get thru summertime. Kind of a sell your soul to the devil question. I’d do it. 30+ mill a year to shut me up? Sign me up!

The sting right now would suck, but 50 years from now no one would even think about it
I dont know. I always think about all those "P5" teams who never get above middle of the pack despite all that money. As a fan, 30 mil/year doesn't do anything for me. If we're not winning I'm much less excited.

DW declared us National Champions at the conclusion of the game. The Colley Matrix released their rankings a week or so later.
There were posts in here saying if we beat Auburn a poll was going to have us 1 if Bama won.

You don't walk away from Natty's.......ever.

Reactions: ahabmw
What if the Big 12 called and said they would add us if DW wrote his name with his left hand? Should he start practicing?

Reactions: Knight Strength
You don't walk away from Natty's.......ever.

Sometimes you do

NATURDAYS.jpg

As for reality, hah, I'd deny UCF ever played football to get into a P5. Why? Just look at UCF, where it is etc. It wouldn't take long to dominate the P5 conference and get another Nat. Champ. or 7.

Reactions: UCF_SystemsEng
The PAC-12 count Utah's 2008 as a NC.
The Big XII might do the same with ours as well.
If I was the Big XII commissioner in that situation, hell yeah I would count UCF’s national championship. The Big XII could use anything right now to strengthen their reputation. They’re crazy not to invite us.

Reactions: UCFBS and ahabmw
If I was the Big XII commissioner in that situation, hell yeah I would count UCF’s national championship. The Big XII could use anything right now to strengthen their reputation. They’re crazy not to invite us.
How about if we got 2 NCs by the time of their TV contract renewal?

They're not inviting us because every school would have to give up $3M/each or so in ESPN money for us to join.
I don't think the future of that conference is all that rosy, but you're exactly right what it comes down to.....the B12 will have to believe that our presence will increase broadcast rights revenue by $30 Million a year, or we aren't viable.

I don't think the future of that conference is all that rosy, but you're exactly right what it comes down to.....the B12 will have to believe that our presence will increase broadcast rights revenue by $30 Million a year, or we aren't viable.

I HATE this fact. There is some truth but it’s short sighted. Do we add $ immediately, no, but does getting to 12 with us +1, give the big 12 a better chance to survive long term? I believe so, but that’s my uneducated opinion. Take a hit today and negotiate for the next contract. I’m not saying we add Tier 1 value consistently now, but we could. Our fans are rabid and our haters are even more rabid. People will watch our games.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?

Our best case for getting into the B12 was the rule that 12 members were needed for a championship. Now with that not being the case, there is no chance unless college football implodes.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
DW declared us National Champions at the conclusion of the game. The Colley Matrix released their rankings a week or so later.

Div 1A is a league, if only one team never loses you are champion of any real league you wish to look at.

Div 1A is a league, if only one team never loses you are champion of any real league you wish to look at.
I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think that being undefeated alone is sufficient for being A champion for college football. Who you play does have to factor in somehow and I don’t think there’s a totally fair way to roll that in right now.

As far as other leagues go, If you look at the total number of D1A teams, the length of the regular season, and the tiny “playoff” - not to mention how schedules are self-made and not mandated - I am Not sure there is anything that’s comparable.

Not saying we shouldn’t have claimed a natty, just that the whole thing is a mess no matter who claims it.

ADVERTISEMENT