ADVERTISEMENT

You realize

sherepower

High School Harry
Apr 3, 2008
Pitt doesn’t offer your 2 star players. Your fans act like this was such a surprise to lose to the panthers. Well, Pitt recruits waaaaaay better than a AAC team.

Your starting defensive tackle wanted a Pitt offer so bad. Well, frankly the Pitt staff didn’t think he was good enough.

Pitt’s 2 best defensive lineman didn’t even play today.

It’s obvious a AAC team simply cannot play a P5 Schedule every week. Glad the nation got to see their opinions were correct all along.

Unfortunately, Pitt should of beat Penn st last week at their place.

Remember, until you get into a P5 conference. No one will take you seriously

Reactions: Floriduhh
oh wow the nation was "correct" all along? [eyeroll] just took you three years, anyone who waits long enough will look right eventually.

Whats your next prediction genius, eventually Tom Brady will retire?

lRTxfHJ.gif

Remember, until you get into a P5 conference. No one will take you seriousl
Sure. Before today, no one was taking us seriously?

What planet are you on?

Is the nation taking Pittsburgh seriously?

Hardly

It’s obvious a AAC team simply cannot play a P5 Schedule every week
That’s ridiculous

We basically have had no injuries and destroyed one team and lost by one point on the road with a freshman QB starting his 3rd game

oh wow the nation was "correct" all along? [eyeroll] just took you three years, anyone who waits long enough will look right eventually.

Whats your next prediction genius, eventually Tom Brady will retire?

lRTxfHJ.gif

Except for a handful of games in the past couple years, UCF's long-term record against P5 teams is abysmal. So, yes, the nation is correct.

Here's a little piece of advice: Declaring yourselves Power 5 material and college football royalty does not make it so. Just like your mythical "national championship."

Except for a handful of games in the past couple years, UCF's long-term record against P5 teams is abysmal. So, yes, the nation is correct.

Here's a little piece of advice: Declaring yourselves Power 5 material and college football royalty does not make it so. Just like your mythical "national championship."
Honestly though, I for one never thought that we were that great before this latest run when we beat some P5 teams starting in 2013. Before that we won like 2-3 times.

We always came up short before that.

Football is funny. We stop one play and none of this is being talked about

Oh. So now it's about old games? Well then: Do you remember that absolute beatdown we delivered on you in your old stadium. Pepperidge Farms does.
That’s a different era. Now you’re saying that you were that good THAT long ago. You just dissed your own program

This game is at home and we win

Dude.., we can’t win EVERY game

You have had a knack of upsetting teams at home. Clemson, Miami, and a bunch of others

You beat us by one point at home. A few plays go differently and we could have won by 2 TDs at least

Why can’t you just accept this as a good win and move on?

We are actually giving you credit, but you’re trying to still convince yourself

Take the win like you have been there before instead of crashing a “G5 board”

Rofl. You recruit with a P5 label and “outrecruited” UCF to the tune of a 58th ranking last year (UCF was 59th). UCF has put 5 players in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft in the past 3 seasons. Pitt has put 2. Congratulations on those “stars” though. According to 247 you got one 4 star 3 recruiting cycles ago. So again congrats.

Rofl. You recruit with a P5 label and “outrecruited” UCF to the tune of a 58th ranking last year (UCF was 59th). UCF has put 5 players in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft in the past 3 seasons. Pitt has put 2. Congratulations on those “stars” though. According to 247 you got one 4 star 3 recruiting cycles ago. So again congrats.

Put down the crack pipe. You really want to name drop and compare NFL talent? OK: Aaron Donald. James Conner. Larry Fitzgerald. Just to name a few. Two RBs among the all-time NFL leaders. More hall of fame players than all but a handful of schools. Your best ever player is Milton. Mmmmkay.

Reactions: Floriduhh
Put down the crack pipe. You really want to name drop and compare NFL talent. OK: Aaron Donald. James Conner. Larry Fitzgerald. Just to name a few. Two RBs among the all-time NFL leaders. More hall of fame players than all but a handful of schools. Your best ever player is Milton. Mmmmkay.
Congrats

Put down the crack pipe. You really want to name drop and compare NFL talent? OK: Aaron Donald. James Conner. Larry Fitzgerald. Just to name a few. Two RBs among the all-time NFL leaders. More hall of fame players than all but a handful of schools. Your best ever player is Milton. Mmmmkay.
My grandfather use to tell me stories about Larry Fitzgerald at Pitt. Is it true what he says?

Pitt doesn’t offer your 2 star players. Your fans act like this was such a surprise to lose to the panthers. Well, Pitt recruits waaaaaay better than a AAC team.

Your starting defensive tackle wanted a Pitt offer so bad. Well, frankly the Pitt staff didn’t think he was good enough.

It’s obvious a AAC team simply cannot play a P5 Schedule every week. Glad the nation got to see their opinions were correct all along.

LoL,.

"You realize"... that you waited your whole life for us to lose so you could come here with the 5 minutes per day of internet time that your mommy gives you.

Pitt still sucks. Go back to enjoying mediocrity from your half empty stadium.

Reactions: Endeavor.

Pitt’s 2 best defensive lineman didn’t
That’s a different era. Now you’re saying that you were that good THAT long ago. You just dissed your own program

This game is at home and we win

Dude.., we can’t win EVERY game

You have had a knack of upsetting teams at home. Clemson, Miami, and a bunch of others

You beat us by one point at home. A few plays go differently and we could have won by 2 TDs at least

Why can’t you just accept this as a good win and move on?

We are actually giving you credit, but you’re trying to still convince yourself

Take the win like you have been there before instead of crashing a “G5 board”

He has nothing better to do, honestly. This is what gives these type of people joy. Some people have their minds fixated on adventure, some people on money, others on love, and this type of individual that lacks emotional intelligence and enjoys internet bullying without any consequence. In other words, sadism.

It was a great game, and congrats to them, but they are really getting all high and mighty about beating a g5 team, by one point, at home, against our true freshman QB, needing a trick play to win.

Two days ago, you were a playoff worthy team. Then you lose and all of a sudden you have a young QB and O-line. You say Pitt is a good team -- if you happen to win and it helps your argument. But you lose -- and all of a sudden we suck and are merely lucky?

According to you, we sucked last year. Then we won the Coastal -- and you started claiming it as a quality win. I think I heard more UCF fans than Pitt fans talk about the Coastal championship -- solely because it fit UCF's after-the-fact argument about quality opponents.

When you win, you claim to be a P5 program. When you lose, you try to denigrate your opponent by calling yourselves G5 material.

Sorry, hypocrites, you can't have it both ways.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Two days ago, you were a playoff worthy team. Then you lose and all of a sudden you have a young QB and O-line. You say Pitt is a good team -- if you happen to win and it helps your argument. But you lose -- and all of a sudden we suck and are merely lucky?

According to you, we sucked last year. Then we won the Coastal -- and you started claiming it as a quality win. I think I heard more UCF fans than Pitt fans talk about the Coastal championship -- solely because it fit UCF's after-the-fact argument about quality opponents.

When you win, you claim to be a P5 program. When you lose, you try to denigrate your opponent by calling yourselves G5 material.

I don't claim anything about my alma matter. Our AD does though. The mythical national title is a real one per the NCAA. The Colley Matrix put us as 1 in 17. It's one of the indicies used to make such a claim. I would argue until we have a legitimate 16 team playoff with all 10 conferences playing D1 ball getting automatic bids for their champs, that pretty much all national titles in Division 1 football are either self appointed or announced by polls or committee are mythical. It's an ESPN beauty contest right now.

UCF and Boise and other teams are getting screwed. The P5 G5 is a myth . Do we all not play Division 1 football per the NCAA? However, we all don't receive the same money for TV contracts. Pitt gets $30 plus million for their conference money , UCF gets a tenth of that but hey come next year we get $7 million. Yay us.

Y'all won a crazy game in which UCF was favored. Good for Pitt. There is not a UCF fan thinking that game should of, could of been ours because like many others say, two plays go different on your end or ours and UCF walks out with a W. Many think our coach made some bad choices just as your coach made a bad choice against Penn State. Congrats on the win, but if you really think about it, you beat us by 1 point with 5 times the revenue . Good for you.

There will be day when UCF is in a so-called power conference , though one could argue the American overall is stronger than ACC. Speaking of which Clemson loses to you and they go on to the invitational and they are world beaters. We lose to you by 1 point and we are G5 basement dwellers. This is what is wrong with college football. It's an oligarchy controlled by a TV network and handful of schools and the sad thing is Djpiitt, you bought into it.

We torched you last year and if Heupel kicks that field goal with 6 minutes to go or you don't block that punt and run it back, you lose again.UCF isn't the best but the system as it is will never allow this debate to be settled on the field in a real playoff. Good luck with the rest of your games this year.

Just an FYI, anytime “g5” is mentioned it’s in quotes. That’s means we’re using it sarcastically. We said you sucked against us last year, that’s a true statement. Pitt gave us a dose of reality this year but expecting a team to have 3 undefeated regular seasons?

Were damn proud. You should be proud of your team too and stop being an asshat.

If you read posts before the season you’d see most saw us having 2 losses (Pitt was viewed by many as our toughest game). We thought Stanford was better than they are and that gave us false confidence. There’s nothing wrong with having fun and being cocky towards a team you follow. In fact, how much it bothers you and will continue to bother you, is a source of joy for our fan base.

You’ve said your peace and are now only here to bust our balls over arguments that don’t mean sh!t. I’ve gained a ton of respect for your fan base as there have been some really good posters the past two years, but posters like you are ruining that perception quickly. The game was 2 days ago, why are you still here?!?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Just an FYI, anytime “g5” is mentioned it’s in quotes. That’s means we’re using it sarcastically. We said you sucked against us last year, that’s a true statement. Pitt gave us a dose of reality this year but expecting a team to have 3 undefeated regular seasons?

Were damn proud. You should be proud of your team too and stop being an asshat.

If you read posts before the season you’d see most saw us having 2 losses (Pitt was viewed by many as our toughest game). We thought Stanford was better than they are and that gave us false confidence. There’s nothing wrong with having fun and being cocky towards a team you follow. In fact, how much it bothers you and will continue to bother you, is a source of joy for our fan base.

You’ve said your peace and are now only here to bust our balls over arguments that don’t mean sh!t. I’ve gained a ton of respect for your fan base as there have been some really good posters the past two years, but posters like you are ruining that perception quickly. The game was 2 days ago, why are you still here?!?

Clearly, the truth hurts you.

In a home and home series in back to back years. 1 game had the home team playing their backups in the 4th quarter and included a garbage time touch down by the away team just so they could lose by 31. In the 2nd game the home team need a 4th down trick play in the final minute to win by 1. Please explain who has the better program right now.

LOL. You win on a trick play and a shit ton of bad ref calls, oh yeah and you got your dick hole kicked in last year. But sure, recruiting or whatever.

Reactions: ahabmw
Clearly, the truth hurts you.
Please, educate me, what did I say that’s not true, or what truth hurts me? I’m not hurt, I feel sorry for you more than I’m hurt. Your life has gotten to a point that this is what brings you joy.

Also, please inform me of how your life got to a point that trolling on another teams message board gives you such a high that you keep coming back?

Do yourself a favor, go meet some friends. Do your friends think you’re cool for being here? Imagine being at a bar and telling everyone that you were here! I bet that conversation would make you the life of the party!

There is no reason for you to be here, I’m just asking for you to leave.

Reactions: KnightGeist
Sure. Before today, no one was taking us seriously?

What planet are you on?

Is the nation taking Pittsburgh seriously?

Hardly

I believe what he's trying to say is if UCF had the same results that they have had over the last 3 years while in a P5 conferences- there's no way they would have been outside the top 5 to start this season.

Personally, I thought UCF was the toughest match up for Pitt last year. That Pitt team didn't figure out their identity until the Syracuse game- then played much better from that point on.

This year, I would say UCF had the best offense Pitt has played but the Defense is far below Pennst. Pitt has improved each week largely because there's so many new starters but they couldn't run the ball at all verses pennst - which most likely cost them the game.

It is amazing how bold fans become after a 1 point victory. These guys were not here after the 31 point beat down last year. Seems to me all the same arguments apply to that game.

It is amazing how bold fans become after a 1 point victory. These guys were not here after the 31 point beat down last year. Seems to me all the same arguments apply to that game.

It's amazing how bold you get being 1-2 against a team you think is so mediocre from a conference you think is so mediocre. And that's the conference you would sell your soul and surrender a kidney to join.

Reactions: Celtsfan
No shit. Lol plus the only defense they had in the second half was millimeters on the sidelines. Without those millimeters they get 50 dropped on them again. But let them celebrate. They pulled it out. It was their super bowl.

I takes a big man to say this but, let me be the first to say congratulations to UCF (with an assist to the refs) for putting an end to UCF's regular season win streak...Also, shout out to Pitt for taking time from rolling around on the ground and faking injuries to come watch the Knights beat the Knights.

Good luck to Pitt next week as they take on mighty Delaware.

ESPN and the NCAA are just fine with UCF's national championship.
4n5xll2.jpg

Let's just do a quick overview of the OP:

Pitt won by one point and needed a trick play

UCF can't get athletes like P5 powerhouses such as Pitt so you suck

Last year's result is less applicable than a result from over a decade ago.

Takeaway from this thread: at best, Pitt is one point better than a shit-tier team with terrible athletes and a true freshman qb and Pitt had home-field advantage. Yeah, not sure I would brag on another teams board right now.

You realize....

We take ourselves seriously, thank you, and so do the people running our program and school. Even if we won, the moving bar would have been moved again because you would just say, "Alright, you won two but you couldn't play a whole P5 conference schedule."

P5 teams like yours can't play a P5 schedule either, with P5 recruiting....you've more than proven that by having one 10+ win season since 1990 and winning zero outright conference titles (you were co-Champs twice with other schools, having 4-2 and 5-2 records). Trust me, if Milton was out there playing instead of a true freshman you would have been thrashed. And yes, I understand road games are much tougher than home games. Just look at Vegas point spreads.

The top AAC teams would do just fine in the ACC, especially right now. Now, you add in ACC recruiting and money.....yeah, we'd get much better. You have one dominant team right now, Clemson, and I will just leave them out of this discussion because they are that good. Here's the rest of the ACC playing other P5 programs (that's 2-6) :
UF 24 Miami 20
Bama 42 Duke 3
UNC 24 South Carolina 20
Notre Dame 35 Loserville 17
Kansas 48 BC 24
Penn State 17 Pitt 10
West Virginia 44 NC State 27
BC 30 Rutgers 16 (Technically Rutgers is P5 but that is debatable since they are 6-37 in conference play since joining the Big Ten.....great decision to bring them in BTW!)

Other dominant P5 ACC games over teams that could never compete, apparently, in the ACC, even with ACC recruiting and money:
Boise State 36 FSU 30
Wake Forest 38 Utah State 35
Pitt 20 Ohio 10
Va Tech 31 Old Dominion 17
FSU 45 UL Monroe 44 (OT)
VA Tech 24 Furman 17
The Citadel 27 GA Tech 24
Virginia 28 Old Dominion 17
App State 34 UNC 31
Miami 17 Central Michigan 12

Versus the AAC:
NC State 34 ECU 6
GA Tech 14 USF 10
Pitt 35 UCF 34
(And yes, ECU and USF are garbage right now)

One big difference is you peaked as a program in the 70's or early 80's....a long time ago and there is no upside. We still have big upside because of where we are located, and because our program does what it needs to do to win and compete, even with the financial and recruiting disadvantages we have always had, other than location. Remember, we were a half-@ssed football team prior to 2004 and at that time we decided to have a football program. So in 15 years we have 5.3 conference titles (played for two other outright titles), are 2-1 in BCS/NY6 games and have a Natty. Not too shabby.

Last edited:
djpitt leads a saaaaaaaad life. Nothing better to do than troll a supposedly "inferior" team after a 1 point win in a game that UCF would have won if not for a stupid, self inflicted unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that kept their TD drive alive after UCF scored 31 consecutive points to go up by 10.

Go find a girlfriend or something. [laughing]

Check it out. In 2013 UCF played full season against BCS schools and beat many who are in P5 now like Louisville. Getting tired of conversation that we can't stack up against multiple P5 schools. We've already done that. It's just being pushed out by big money and politics.

Reactions: mattropolis

“Shoulda, woulda, coulda”. Unfortunately those words will never appear next to the score in the record books.......Penn State 17 Pitt 10. UCF is STILL in the top 25. Pitt is......oops!

ESPN and the NCAA are just fine with UCF's national championship.
4n5xll2.jpg
Man, I've been hoping to run across this TV shot for a while. Thanks for posting it. It's the instant "shut up" material for all the haters.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT