• Bottled

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Filtered

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

1ofTheseKnights

Todd's Tiki Bar
Oct 19, 2006
The Flint water thread had me curious. I'd always been a Brita filter guy. Now I'm anti fluoride kook so reverse osmosis water it is for me for > 95% of the water I drink. I leverage my office reverse osmosis filter dispenser.

I drink Lakeland water when at home. I have 2 1-liter bottles that I fill up with tap water and put them in the freezer. My wife refuses to drink anything but Nestle Pure Life water. Tried to tell her that it was the same thing as Zephyrhills (which is owned by Nestle) with different labels but sh SWEARS she can taste the difference.

At work we have a 5-gallon cooler of Zephyrhills water.

I drink a lot of water during the day. Those 2 1-liter bottles in the morning and evening and about 15-20 cups of water from the cooler at work. Yes, I pee a lot.

Reactions: brahmanknight
The Sarasota water report was my last straw. Worst of the 3 places recently lived (Orange Park, Casselberry being the others). There's cyanide in it (yeah I know parts per whatever billion) I'm good on any cyanide at $0.35/gallon & free at work.

St Pete has always graded out really good with quality of water. I drink a ton of water so tap water it is for me.

Tap water (on a well at home but tap at work). In about 15 more years, someone is going to figure out that the plastic in the bottles caused cancer if you drank from them regularly.

I get most of it filtered through the fridge. Britta filter at work but mostly so I can have it cold in the mini fridge when I want it

I drink Lakeland water when at home. I have 2 1-liter bottles that I fill up with tap water and put them in the freezer. My wife refuses to drink anything but Nestle Pure Life water. Tried to tell her that it was the same thing as Zephyrhills (which is owned by Nestle) with different labels but sh SWEARS she can taste the difference.

At work we have a 5-gallon cooler of Zephyrhills water.

I drink a lot of water during the day. Those 2 1-liter bottles in the morning and evening and about 15-20 cups of water from the cooler at work. Yes, I pee a lot.
Isn't nestle pure life industrial filtered tap water where zephyrhills is actually filtered spring water?

Bottled water is a scam. By and large the US has some of the best quality public utility drinking water in the world, and yet people have been bamboozled into buying filters and bottled water, when largely those fears are rather unfounded.

Bottled water is simply for the convenience of having a bottle you can toss when you're done.

Bottled water is a scam. By and large the US has some of the best quality public utility drinking water in the world, and yet people have been bamboozled into buying filters and bottled water, when largely those fears are rather unfounded.

Depends on the reports to me. if I was in St Pete I'd prolly do their filtered tap. (Pulled up their report for a grin) The list of contaminants is much lower than mine & smaller in concentration.

As for the complaints being unfounded no shortage of material on fluoride among others (trace pharmaceuticals) being harmful -Harvard on flouride in water:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

All about the anti flouride -

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localg...stop-putting-fluoride-in-water-supply/1195147

It hadnt always been in Pinellas. The people in Pinellas county wanted it out, got it out & ultimately the big $$$ powerful got it back in. Tells me all I need to know. Love the quotes in the above link like:

"Fluoride is safe, efficient and cost-effective," said dentist Christopher Beach of the Pinellas County Health Department."

Great - efficient at what? Cost effective? Adding something to water saves money? Smh.

Depends on the reports to me. if I was in St Pete I'd prolly do their filtered tap. (Pulled up their report for a grin) The list of contaminants is much lower than mine & smaller in concentration.

As for the complaints being unfounded no shortage of material on fluoride among others (trace pharmaceuticals) being harmful -Harvard on flouride in water:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

All about the anti flouride -

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localg...stop-putting-fluoride-in-water-supply/1195147

It hadnt always been in Pinellas. The people in Pinellas county wanted it out, got it out & ultimately the big $$$ powerful got it back in. Tells me all I need to know. Love the quotes in the above link like:

"Fluoride is safe, efficient and cost-effective," said dentist Christopher Beach of the Pinellas County Health Department."

Great - efficient at what? Cost effective? Adding something to water saves money? Smh.
Sounds like anti-vaccer drivel. Basing a study on water in China, where fluoride levels have been measured as being 4x or more higher than in the US? Seems fishy to me.

And I love this quote too:

"Fluoride is a toxic substance," said tea party activist Tony Caso of Palm Harbor. "This is all part of an agenda that's being pushed forth by the so-called globalists in our government and the world government to keep the people stupid so they don't realize what's going on."

Riiiight...

We have a filtered fridge water and buy bottled water to take with us here and there. We had a big contaminated water a while back, so the wife has been weary on non-filtered tap water. But I refill the bottles through the fridge filtered water. Tap water is fine, but depends on where you are. Some tap water is nasty and tastes metallic and heavy.

We have a filtered fridge water and buy bottled water to take with us here and there. We had a big contaminated water a while back, so the wife has been weary on non-filtered tap water. But I refill the bottles through the fridge filtered water. Tap water is fine, but depends on where you are. Some tap water is nasty and tastes metallic and heavy.

This is true I was all in team tap, but my in laws house 5 mi as the crow flies is absolutely nasty tasting. They're bottled by taste & I don't blame them.

Well water but we have a softener , purifier system with the revers osmosis style setup for our drinking water
I know you said "reverse osmosis style setup" but just want to say that you don't get reverse osmosis treated water. To do reverse osmosis or nanofiltration (next step down), you'd need a pump @ 150 psi of pressure and the water would be undrinkable (low pH, no alkalinity or hardness) and corrosive.

Nothing in Florida tastes like the limestone aquifers of Kentucky and the well water from the Ogalala pool in Oklahoma.

As for filtered water, I'll take my chances with the tap over drinking something through that nasty filter you replaced two years ago and you think it was just a couple of months ago. I'd sooner drink two water from a US aircraft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT