ADVERTISEMENT

Your morning Link-o-rama

Pitt was like a human missile on that play. He came off his block beautifully and then showed some wheels taking the perfect angle to lay the pipe on the QB. That play alone should get him some NFL looks.

Really love how they completely forget they had a great running game, non-QB running, running game before they met UCF. Now, all of a sudden, their QB is gone and I guess they don't have any other players. the QB threw, caught and ran the ball all by himself.

What the hell are they going to say when their running game picks back up next week?

If you can't overcome losing your running QB when he gets smacked trying to run, maybe you aren't that good of a team. UCF's starting RB went down in the first series. UCF had the depth to overcome. Bortenschlager playing in his first game is not much different than Milton against Maryland last year. Except that Bortenschlager was with the team last year and Milton was a true freshman.

If you can't overcome losing your running QB when he gets smacked trying to run, maybe you aren't that good of a team. UCF's starting RB went down in the first series. UCF had the depth to overcome. Bortenschlager playing in his first game is not much different than Milton against Maryland last year. Except that Bortenschlager was with the team last year and Milton was a true freshman.
Bortenschlager actually started last year against Nebraska and threw a 92 yard TD to Moore

There's no evidence that the true freshman who went out wouldn't have made a ton of mistakes. He's played 1 game basically

Pittman quote from today's print Sentinel: "I felt like this dude [Bortenschlager] was shaky, like, 'Man, if he sees us trying to come after him with all we got, no human in their right mind is gonna just be able to sit there calm. So whenever he saw us and I saw how happy-feet he got, I was like, 'Yeah, we'll get to him a couple of times.'"

What the writers of both of those articles seemed to miss was, UCF was the better team Ucf was faster, stronger, an deeper than the Terps. This was not a G4 team squeaking out a victory, It was domination by a AAC team over a B10 team.

What the writers of both of those articles seemed to miss was, UCF was the better team Ucf was faster, stronger, an deeper than the Terps. This was not a G4 team squeaking out a victory, It was domination by a AAC team over a B10 team.
That's what Frost said afterwards. The players expected to win. This was finally the kind of breakthrough convincing win Frost wanted. Recall that last year, he audaciously exclaimed that we outhit Michigan! He said it again. Clearly, that's what he places a priority on! Dominating and intimidating the opponent to take away their will to win.

I watched the game late last night on DVR. I was getting pissed on how biased the announcers were and pulling for the terps. After reading a few articles from national media and the storyline is we won because their QB was injured early. Nevermind our starting RB was injured also. Nobody wants to give UCF the kudos for being the better team. An away game at that. Ssssshhhh....don't tell anyone, hopefully nobody shows up for the Memphis game and we can still get good parking and improve our seats. LOL

Reactions: UCFProf
I watched the game late last night on DVR. I was getting pissed on how biased the announcers were and pulling for the terps. After reading a few articles from national media and the storyline is we won because their QB was injured early. Nevermind our starting RB was injured also. Nobody wants to give UCF the kudos for being the better team. An away game at that. Ssssshhhh....don't tell anyone, hopefully nobody shows up for the Memphis game and we can still get good parking and improve our seats. LOL

The house should be packed for Memphis. I think if we win that game we will go on to win the east and probably have a rematch with Memphis in the CCG. Yesterday was a good win, and not to be a downer, but at the end of the year it isn't going to look that good. I think Maryland might win one more game this year if their freshman QB doesn't come back. I haven't heard any news about his injury, but it looked pretty serious.

Of course the national media isn't giving us much credit. 0-12 is still out there and we are a G4 team beating a P5 team, that isn't supposed to happen. Keep winning the way we are right now and the national narrative will change. But in fairness to Maryland, losing a QB is a much deadlier blow than losing a RB.

I'm not convinced Memphis is going to win the west. Their side of the bracket seems to be alot more competitive. I am expecting Navy, Houston, and SMU to give them a run.

I'm not convinced Memphis is going to win the west. Their side of the bracket seems to be alot more competitive. I am expecting Navy, Houston, and SMU to give them a run.
Absolutely. SMU is 3-1, Navy undefeated. Don't even count out a much improved Tulane. No pushovers in the West. All the weak schools are in the Eastern Division of the AAC (ECU, Cincy, UConn, and now even Temple).

Pittman quote from today's print Sentinel: "I felt like this dude [Bortenschlager] was shaky, like, 'Man, if he sees us trying to come after him with all we got, no human in their right mind is gonna just be able to sit there calm. So whenever he saw us and I saw how happy-feet he got, I was like, 'Yeah, we'll get to him a couple of times.'"
I think it was MDs last drive. On first down, the running play was stopped in the backfield. On second down, Hill pushed a running back straight into the QB and sacked him. 3rd down was an incompletion, but the QB took a big hit. There was a penalty on UCF for defensive holding. They showed a shot of the QBs face on TV. I swear if it was his call, he would have declined the penalty and punted. He was over that UCF front.

Thanks for posting. It's funny how they claim the entire game hinged on one injured player. That with thier QB1 in there, the game would have gone completely differently.
Here are some facts.
1) Up to his injury, UCF and MD both had 2 drives and exactly the same yards.
2) MDs first FG was practically handed to them via poor punting, punt fielding, and refereeing.
3) Max Goldschlager's (or whatever his name was) first drive was for more yards than either of thier QB1's drives.

ADVERTISEMENT