ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube censorship

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...to-censor-nazis-and-demonetize-steven-crowder

Why YouTube is wrong to censor Nazis and demonetize Steven Crowder

Sadly, YouTube on Wednesday made another bad move. It announced that it will start:
prohibiting videos alleging that a group is superior in order to justify discrimination, segregation or exclusion based on qualities like age, gender, race, caste, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. This would include, for example, videos that promote or glorify Nazi ideology, which is inherently discriminatory. Finally, we will remove content denying that well-documented violent events, like the Holocaust or the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, took place.
https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/06/our-ongoing-work-to-tackle-hate.html

African-Americans denying the Democratic party are their savior are also getting censored too. Not my words, but those of several African-Americans, who are banned for being alleged racists. Same for my fellow gay Americans who side with Republicans.

It's really sad to see the state of 'censorship' in this country.

Stephen Crowder made a point during an interview today that YouTube has sold itself to the big companies and is demonetizing their competition. He put forth that YouTube built itself off public contribution and monetized that model in agreement with the vast array of content producers. They have moved away from that model without acknowledging it in the public. So they’ve sold out, but know that their user base will not support a sell out, and so are trying to maintain their veneer of edginess through the transition.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Nothing funnier than three self proclaimed "Libertarians" whining about the free market. Holy hell this thread is incredible.

Ya'll are whiny little red hat bitches, nothing more.

Actually YouTube said no to some whiny little Vox "editor" who was pathetically lobbying to get Crowder kicked off YouTube. So in that regard they deserve praise for not blindly banning anyone that Woke folks demand.

It sounds like they then caved to this guys' bitching about their decision, haphazardly "temporarily demonentized" Crowder's page, got caught in between warring factions, and now has gone overboard in the other direction.

This is your precious invisible hand at work cucks. The market has deemed extreme right wing ideology incompatible with their interests and advertisers do not want their ads running on hate videos.

If that bothers you perhaps you'd favor a state run media.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
This is your precious invisible hand at work cucks. The market has deemed extreme right wing ideology incompatible with their interests and advertisers do not want their ads running on hate videos.

If that bothers you perhaps you'd favor a state run media.

Steven Crowder is now a Nazi and pushes "hate videos".

:joy: You precious, dumb little snowflake.

There are independent journalists getting banned, not because they are right-wing, but because they cover -- even expose -- right-wing events. In several cases, they are against the right-wing events.

Why is Google doing this? Simple ... advertisers. Even advertisers don't want to be advertising during even journalist coverage of right-wing events, even if the journalists are exposing and against the right-wing events.

Advertising. Google considers itself a revenue machine ... except when it politically suits them, then they use the 'platform/monopoly' angle. Hmmm ...

This is right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook. The left is out of ideas so they need all means to silence the right

i fully expect, facebook, instagram, twitter, and youtube to start really going after "alt right wing" views leading up to the 2020 election. and by alt right wing, i just mean normal conservative views. they will start banning people left and right. its going to get a lot worse.

Why do you guys hate Capitalism? I thought businesses were free to choose what they want to do with their product? I guess this only means when they are discriminating gays or brown skinned people.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Nothing funnier than three self proclaimed "Libertarians" whining about the free market. Holy hell this thread is incredible.

Ya'll are whiny little red hat bitches, nothing more.

I don't see where a single one of them has asked the government to step in. You can be libertarian and disagree with what a private company does.

https://www.axios.com/interview-goo...ube-8b2d17fe-1db6-4492-a8b0-af1b5e08697a.html

We, you know, we rank content based on quality. And so we are bringing that same notion and approach to YouTube so that we can rank higher quality stuff better and really prevent borderline content. Content which doesn't exactly violate policies, which need to be removed, but which can still cause harm.

modern day book burning.

I don't see where a single one of them has asked the government to step in. You can be libertarian and disagree with what a private company does.

Cool, while we are on the subject of talking about things that absolutely no one said, how about them Raptors?

I was merely pointing out exactly what you said in your last line, whiny little bitches.

Cool, while we are on the subject of talking about things that absolutely no one said, how about them Raptors?

I was merely pointing out exactly what you said in your last line, whiny little bitches.
You brought up the fact that they are call themselves libertarians and I was pointing out the fact that nothing they said was inconsistent with what a libertarian would believe. You're getting pretty dense lately and grasping at straws.

https://www.axios.com/interview-goo...ube-8b2d17fe-1db6-4492-a8b0-af1b5e08697a.html

We, you know, we rank content based on quality. And so we are bringing that same notion and approach to YouTube so that we can rank higher quality stuff better and really prevent borderline content. Content which doesn't exactly violate policies, which need to be removed, but which can still cause harm.

modern day book burning.

Ahh yes, I’m sure those who were removed were true conservative academics arguing for trickle down economics, lower taxes, and free trade agreements...

You brought up the fact that they are call themselves libertarians and I was pointing out the fact that nothing they said was inconsistent with what a libertarian would believe. You're getting pretty dense lately and grasping at straws.

Sorry I forgot you're new here, I've had to explain to Wayne multiple times how the first amendment does not affect private companies. It's probably one of the main reasons why he blocked me, got embarrassed too many times

Sorry I forgot you're new here, I've had to explain to Wayne multiple times how the first amendment does not affect private companies. It's probably one of the main reasons why he blocked me, got embarrassed too many times
Not a one of them invoked the 1st amendment. They all said it was wrong, they didnt say it was a revocation of rights which is libertarians are against.

Ahh yes, I’m sure those who were removed were true conservative academics arguing for trickle down economics, lower taxes, and free trade agreements...
i wont deny that crowder can be an ass, but most of his stuff is pretty much in common conservative talking points. that doesnt mean he should be demonetized and videos removed. like i said, i expect more bannings as we get closer and closer to the 2020 election.

Private company or not I've made it clear in the past that I have concerns around the deplatforming issue. As it relates to monetization I think it's much more straight forward in that it should simply be up to advertisers on if they want to be associated with certain content. All I know about the Crowder situation specifically is what I've heard other podcasts say ab it so I don't really have any thoughts on him.

Pay better attention.

these services are becoming more and more like public utilities. the distinction matters. think phone company vs magazine company. a phone company cant be sued for allowing some terrorists to use their service. a magazine company publishes something illegal and they can be sued.

Nothing in that paragraph explicitly stated that he thinks 1st AMendment rights are being violated here or that anything must be done by the government.
Either that is the product of poor reading comprehension or they are so desperate to finally win something that they are now making stuff up.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
That whole thread is full of people discussing if social media should be a heavily regulated utility.

Funny since not a single post in this thread actually says anything like this.
I honestly just cant see how any of what has been said in this thread has anything to do with whether a person is libertarian or not. Its a contrived narrative at best, presented by posters who keep losing arguments. As soon as someone comes in and says "the government should step in and do something" , then we can talk about whether or not that is a libertarian position. In the meantime, this is just a discussion about a private company and whether or not their actions are ethical.

chemmie is a dipshit who says dipshit things
Does jesus know all the mean stuff you write online? When you're giving your money to child molesters, do they tell you that you're forgiven for being an angry internet twerp? For somebody who talks a big game about being a good catholic boy, you sure don't act that way.

But it is good to see that's all you have now. Pure hatred. That's all you've got. You're broken. Beaten.

For Libertarians, it’s not the 2A argument to this that causes issues, it’s the antitrust. Libertarians are pro-competition and not really against anti-trust. So breaking up the tech monopolies is appealing. But the Government has proven to be a very poor steward of this power. So, in the end, both consequational and deontological libertarians should be against using the antitrust laws to strike down Facebook.

In the end, Facebook will be the author of its own undoing and the market will shift. Hopefully to multiple competitive successors.

Does jesus know all the mean stuff you write online? When you're giving your money to child molesters, do they tell you that you're forgiven for being an angry internet twerp? For somebody who talks a big game about being a good catholic boy, you sure don't act that way.

But it is good to see that's all you have now. Pure hatred. That's all you've got. You're broken. Beaten.

Why should 85 care about the thousands of children raped by Catholic priests and the literal sex slaves kept by Catholic bishops? Don't you know Rachel maddow is going to moderate a DNC debate?!? Good god man, get your priorities straight!

Reactions: chemmie

Lol like I said- a dipshit. A dipshit who gets super butthurt and cries when it’s pointed out that his witty and edgy posts aren’t witty or edgy at all.

I honestly just cant see how any of what has been said in this thread has anything to do with whether a person is libertarian or not. Its a contrived narrative at best, presented by posters who keep losing arguments. As soon as someone comes in and says "the government should step in and do something" , then we can talk about whether or not that is a libertarian position. In the meantime, this is just a discussion about a private company and whether or not their actions are ethical.
Libertarians do control much of the courts though. Which is why it often takes years, but Libertarians do often have "the final word."

For Libertarians, it’s not the 2A argument to this that causes issues, it’s the antitrust. Libertarians are pro-competition and not really against anti-trust. So breaking up the tech monopolies is appealing. But the Government has proven to be a very poor steward of this power. So, in the end, both consequational and deontological libertarians should be against using the antitrust laws to strike down Facebook.
^^^ It's a complex argument, but that is definitely part of it. Google is actually the bigger issue than Facebook in my view, and far easier to 'break up.'

In the end, Facebook will be the author of its own undoing and the market will shift. Hopefully to multiple competitive successors.
That may very well be the case, which is why Facebook is 'holding on' in various ways ... none of them to our benefit. Zuckerberg lost everyone when he said the government should censor social media.

Lol like I said- a dipshit. A dipshit who gets super butthurt and cries when it’s pointed out that his witty and edgy posts aren’t witty or edgy at all.

When are you gonna block me again?
When are you gonna tattle tale to Brandon again?

Bitch, you know you can't handle me. You haven't been able to for years.

When are you gonna block me again?
When are you gonna tattle tale to Brandon again?

Bitch, you know you can't handle me. You haven't been able to for years.

If only you were even half as edgy and witty as you think you are. This is like a textbook exercise in lack of self awareness. I'm just laughing at you at this point since you keep putting forward comments that you think are edgy and witty and everyone collectively rolls their eyes at every post you make.

If only you were even half as edgy and witty as you think you are. This is like a textbook exercise in lack of self awareness. I'm just laughing at you at this point since you keep putting forward comments that you think are edgy and witty and everyone collectively rolls their eyes at every post you make.
Come on, bitch. Hit that block button again. You know you want to. Or do I need to say something about redheads to make you do it?

Come on, bitch. Hit that block button again. You know you want to. Or do I need to say something about redheads to make you do it?
you are a completely different poster inside the dungeon. why do you feel the need to be such a dick in here?

ADVERTISEMENT