ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube's new moderators "mistakenly" pull conservative channels

Red Ice Radio and Daily Stormer are difficult to find these days. Even that whiney liberal Sargon is getting the pull.

YouTube has also banned and re-instated Hickok45 several times. The most docile, nice guy you'll find on YouTube who simply test shoots different firearms and advocates for the 2nd Amendment.

Meanwhile, music videos depicting the killing of Pres Trump have never been pulled.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
That's because it's protected by the 1st amendment while videos of people exercising their 2nd amendment rights is not.

Have I ever told you about how outdated the 1st Amendment is? We need to get rid of it!

When it was written, people only had their voice, and a feathered pen and paper! There was no modern communication technology; there's no way the Founders would have approved of people being able to say whatever idiotic thing comes to their mind with instant transmissions on their phone!

There’s plenty of other video sites
i would jump in a heart beat if there were a legit competitor, but there simply is not. full30 tries but they lack some features

YouTube has also banned and re-instated Hickok45 several times. The most docile, nice guy you'll find on YouTube who simply test shoots different firearms and advocates for the 2nd Amendment.

Meanwhile, music videos depicting the killing of Pres Trump have never been pulled.
they pulled hank strange the other day. funny because i thought they were trying to push black content creators...

i would jump in a heart beat if there were a legit competitor, but there simply is not. full30 tries but they lack some features

they pulled hank strange the other day. funny because i thought they were trying to push black content creators...

I'd venture to say that most of these people if they have a YouTube channel, they have a Facebook channel with their videos on it...

oh im sure bq would be fine with it if they were targeting left leaning or even gay youtube channels.

I honestly don't care. There have been times where they have taken off "gay" content for being against their terms of service.

I'm not one of those rah rah, how dare they people. It's a damn YouTube channel.

Meanwhile - they said it was a mistake - it's a new "mod" system - which I'm sure will have its kinks.

Like honestly, this is the definition of "snowflake".

YouTube channels get taken down all the time - if too many people "report" it - they get temporarily taken down. Doesn't matter what spectrum the channel falls on.

Meanwhile - they said it was a mistake - it's a new "mod" system - which I'm sure will have its kinks.

YouTube channels get taken down all the time - if too many people "report" it - they get temporarily taken down. Doesn't matter what spectrum the channel falls on.
my problem is the new group working with youtube to do these bans is the southern poverty law center. they are a far left group. basically if you even lean slightly right, you get labeled a hate group by them.

i realize youtube is a private company and can do what they want, but they are basically a monopoly now. they say they value the first amendment but then do stuff like this. and yes they have bans all the time but it is disproportionately against right leaning channels.

i have a problem with limiting speech, even ones i disagree with.

Reactions: fabknight
While he can be opinionated, he only advocates calling your representative. That said, and most specifically ...

YouTube cited three (3) videos of his videos as portraying "illegal" -- as in "against the law" -- in them.

His review of local, Titusville-based Kel-Tec's RDB as "illegal" -- as in the law. I watched that video twice (2) before. I have a local copy of it (via TubeMate). I cannot figure out what he did that was illegal in it at al.

The only thing I can think of is that he showed the compatibility of a 60 cartridge "casket" magazine design with it, recommending the casket magazine he used, over another option. Apparently that's "illegal" in Alphabet's eyes, even though it was not illegal in his state.

And in most states that have magazine limitations, anything over 10 is usually illegal. So that would mean Alphabet would have to shut down any use of 30, 20 and even 13 as well, not just 60.

Yep. But if you're Google, the Secret Service has no power to request information under warrant so those people can be 'interviewed.'

Welcome to the new, f'd up order. First they go after the 2nd Amendment. Then the 1st Amendment will follow. Progressives are just killing themselves, and they don't realize it.

It's sad that all we hear in the MSM is how the NRA and Russia are trying to influence Americans. I don't disagree, it's fine to both debate and investigate both. But the fact that we're not talking about any others scares me. This is literally my "Ministry of Truth" fear coming true.

Last edited:
There’s plenty of other video sites
I'd venture to say that most of these people if they have a YouTube channel, they have a Facebook channel with their videos on it...
^ This is literally sh-- Ninja would say.

I.e., I get on him any time he says something that and sounds like straight out of Progressive media. I'm sorry, but that very much does.

"Snowflake" should be reserved when someone is triggered by an attitude or issue.

"Libertarian" is used when someone is triggered by the loss of civil rights, like the 1st Amendment.

The Ministry of Truth is now here. Censorship doesn't require government. It only requires a majority to override the voice of the minority, and be accepted as a community norm -- which is now the norm, thanx to the Mainstream Media.

oh im sure bq would be fine with it if they were targeting left leaning or even gay youtube channels.
Sadly, I have to agree.

I'm tired of the pro-"gun safety" lobby thinking the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to 2nd Amendment "believers."

As I said before, Progressives started scaring me more than the Conservative by 2006.

How in the hell does the first thing I said sound like something the "progressive media" would say? I just said there's other video sites? Like, really, huh?

Thank you for throwing that you're a libertarian in there as well, even when it had nothing to do with what you were quoting.

If they were honestly targeting pro-gun channels (that weren't violating their terms of use) - then I would have an issue with that, just as I would if they were targeting any "group" without merit.

How in the hell does the first thing I said sound like something the "progressive media" would say? I just said there's other video sites? Like, really, huh?
Do you realize what is happening here?

The US Progressive media has created "community consensus" of what is alledgedly "illegal." That's why Google immediately had a problem. They will continue to have that problem. People do not even understand their civics any more.

It doesn't take government to have censorship. This attitude and desire of a "Ministry of Truth" is scaring the dickens out of me. Which is why when you billow out something I'd expect out of the Progressive media, I'm going to call you out on it.

Whether you believe it not, whether you got it from the Progressive media or not, it still fits. Sorry, but that's just the reality. Because Germany was already its own problem before the Nazis. They just took advantage of it.

We are now right there. And Trump is making a great excuse for it too.

Thank you for throwing that you're a libertarian in there as well, even when it had nothing to do with what you were quoting.
No, it had everything to do with it!

Dude, when it comes to civil rights, there's no such thing as a "snowflake." I will always "snowflake" over civil rights -- whether it's abortion or guns -- doesn't matter to me.

If they were honestly targeting pro-gun channels (that weren't violating their terms of use) - then I would have an issue with that, just as I would if they were targeting any "group" without merit.
My problem is with the "community consensus" right now.

It's just like the IRS issue a few years back.

Yes, they targeted Democratic companies too. But they overwhelmingly targeted Republican voting business owners. But it was indirect. Why? Community consensus. Go after businesses is what the community consensus wants. So that means more Republican owned. But it's worst than that ...

After hiring thousands of new auditors, the IRS specifically targeted domestic, small businesses -- the ones that don't have lawyers and are, again, domestic (not protected overseas). They extracted $200B/year they were not entitled to. This happened in the '90s too. I know, the IRS got $47K out of my self-employed father, by threatening to throw him in jail if he did not turn over his AR -- without a warrant or other court order or remotely supporting code.

Community consensus is bad enough when it extorts money from people, illegally -- as the IRS was found guilty of doing. At least that's just money.

But when community consensus goes after civil rights ... yes, we Libertarians "snowflake."

And lately, the Progressives are far worse than the Conservatives. At least the Conservatives haven't thrown reporters in jail or violated the War Powers Act. Both pre and Obama-era Progressives have done that.

Heck, even W.'s Patriot Act started with Clinton's Executive Orders in '98+. That's when I first started fearing the Progressives as much. By 2006, with a reporter jailed, it finally flipped.

Yes, we Libertarians "snowflake" over the loss of civil rights.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Not sure if you were aware of this but ucfBS is a libertarian .

Molyneux mentions that Mike Cernovich got a strike for showing Antifa chanting: "Do you want a red pill... How about a lead pill."

So if you show Antifa thugs threatening right-wing people, that's a strike! I guess that tells you where the sympathies of the censors are.

Looks like YouTube's latest half assed Stalinist purge attempt has ended in pathetic and humiliating failure. You can thank alt-media exposure via Breitbart and Drudge plus likely threats from Trump's DOJ to begin looking into these obvious discriminatory practices.

Reactions: UCFBS
Looks like YouTube's latest half assed Stalinist purge attempt has ended in pathetic and humiliating failure. You can thank alt-media exposure via Breitbart and Drudge plus likely threats from Trump's DOJ to begin looking into these obvious discriminatory practices.
Again ... the problem continues to be that the US Mainstream Media has created a "community consensus" that results in the assumptions of laws that don't exist. So when alphabet hires people, these people have those same, "community consensus" issues. Censorship results.

As far as Breitbart and others, yes, they are far-right, just like there are far-left media outlets like Huffington and others. The key is that the left and right, respectively, shouldn't go so far as to make Breitbart and Huffington correct about things. That's what gets to me. Both the left and right complain about the far-left and far-right, but sometimes the far-left and far-right end up being correct on many things, because the left and right took something too far.

Alphabet, like Facebook and others, continue to screw up. They trust people, and people are pretty subjective. I credit Twitter for repeatedly trying to not step in this BS. Every day people call for it, it's more "Ministry of Truth" type thinking. I take serious issue with most "community consensus" these days.

i hate youtube. if a video gets a lot of views, the creators should be paid. they should adopt something like g, pg, pg13, and r. its really not hard. then you could restrict play on videos by age. after that, just keep the isis propaganda out and most people would be happy.

this is why i wont sign up for their youtube tv streaming service.

if there were a youtube competitor, i would jump in a heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT