ADVERTISEMENT

Zika from mosquitoes in South Florida

Pics you lying sack of shit

Barrister be like:

de5.gif

Well, unlike ebola where the U.S. was basically sitting on a vaccine, we eventually shared with the Africans, I don't think one exists yet for Zika.

It's well known in Brazil and in the scientific community that Zika also causes paralysis in some small segment of cases. They interviewed some doctors who said 'definitely' a link. So besides the birth defects, there are other problems. too. Just google "zika" and "paralysis" together and see for yourself.

Seriously, they were sold out of mosquito repellant that works for zika carrying mosquitoes in Brazil. Now would be a good time to re-up if you don't have any yet.

reminds me of Lyme disease. Even after all these years, it's still not well understood how nasty it is. Except of course to the people that have it.

===================================
Zika experts now believe the virus' damage may be more varied and widespread than originally thought.

Top scientists have suggested that the birth defect microcephaly and Guillan-Barre syndrome, which can cause temporary paralysis, are merely the most obvious maladies caused by the mosquito-borne virus.

Recent discoveries of serious brain and spinal cord infections - such as encephalitis, meningitis and myelitis - in people exposed to Zika have added fuel to the fire of suspicion that the virus is even more dangerous than first thought.

The new evidence of Zika's widespread damage puts even more pressure on affected countries to control mosquitoes and prepare to provide intensive, and potentially lifelong, care to more patients.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...y-deepens-evidence-nerve-cell-infections.html

Reactions: ProAttitude
Sucks big-time. Me and the misses are in the process of trying for #2. Have been hoping this held off for another year or so.

Yesenia Candelario at Marine Layer told CBS that it was a “very slow, quiet weekend in the trendy, artsy enclave.”

“There’s a bunch of restaurants here and now we have new shops. So we have a lot of people come in for brunch and tourists who wanna see the murals and shop around,” Candelario explained. “But it’s not like that due to the Zika virus.”

Last week the state of Florida started a campaign to kill off theAedes species of mosquito by spraying an insecticide called Naled over a 10-mile radius surrounding the Wynwood area.

At least 15 people in the city’s Wynwood area are believed to have been infected with the virus through mosquito bites.

According to Cornell Univerisity, the Organophosphate chemical Naled is moderately to highly toxic by ingestion, inhalation and dermal absorption.

From Cornell.edu:

Vapors or fumes of naled are corrosive to the mucous membranes lining the mouth, throat and lungs, and inhalation may cause severe irritation. A sensation of tightness in the chest and coughing are commonly experienced after inhalation. As with all organophosphates, naled is readily absorbed through the skin. Skin which has come in contact with this material should be washed immediately with soap and water and all contaminated clothing should be removed.

In laboratory tests, Naled exposure caused increased aggressiveness and a deterioration of memory and learning.

It was also shown to interfere with prenatal brain development and has a cancerous byproduct.

It could be extremely risky and potentially counterproductive to fight the Zika spreading mosquitos with Naled considering the lab tests that show reduced brain size of 15 percent in animals exposed to the chemical.

CBS Miami has reported that the spraying has no scheduled time of stoppage.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...-neurotoxic-insecticide-over-florida-resident

Here come the heavy duty chemicals. WOW, this must be much worse than officials are letting on to. Stay safe.

Will be interesting to see if the Florida HS Football (or Soccer, etc...) Assoc bans night time games later this month in South FL?

I forget what mosquito disease it was years ago (20?) when a similar ban was put into place for a short time.

I just wish Rick Scott hadn't cut all that mosquito prevention funding like he did a few years back. Bummers.

reminds me of Lyme disease. Even after all these years, it's still not well understood how nasty it is. Except of course to the people that have it.
Actually, since its official discovery and clasification in the 70's, the bacteria and its symptoms are fairly well known. 100's of research papers. A vaccine was developed and marketed.

What's not necessarily known is the cause of longer-term symptoms that a minority of patients seem to exhibit. While there are documented cases where post-infection symptoms lasted for 6 months or more, there is no medical evidence for so-called "chronic lyme disease" or long-term, peristent infection. No major medical organization recognizes that diagnosis or treatment (long-term and consistent antibiotic prescriptions). It's likely a wide range of unexplained symptoms are being lumped under the CLD tag by doctors and alternative medicine practioners looking to make a buck off people's suffering with unproven medical treatments and "natural remedies."

A great article, with extensive references, on "Chronic" Lyme Disease.
https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.or...ronic-lyme-disease-does-anyone/#disqus_thread

Will be interesting to see if the Florida HS Football (or Soccer, etc...) Assoc bans night time games later this month in South FL?

I forget what mosquito disease it was years ago (20?) when a similar ban was put into place for a short time.
Encephalitis. If the virus spreads much more north, say to West Palm Beach, I would imagine they'll consider modifying HS extracurricular acrivities. As it is now, they'll probably just employ a wait-and-see aproach since mosquito season typically ends at the beginning of September.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Encephalitis. If the virus spreads much more north, say to West Palm Beach, I would imagine they'll consider modifying HS extracurricular acrivities. As it is now, they'll probably just employ a wait-and-see aproach since mosquito season typically ends at the beginning of September.

I don't know what's worse - the disease or the (current) cure - heavy duty chemicals. If you see those yellow lights of pest control - run inside and lay low until the fog lifts, not walk.

In the original article I posted, it was forcast that much of Florida to be a 'hot' zone. In particular, I remember them calling out Orlando. Until a safe vaccine is on the market, you want to lay low with this one. Slather up with Deet/Picardin/Lemon Eucolpytis when outdoors, and stay low when they spray the heavy duty chemicals.

The zika virus loves latin folks. It must be a virus developed by white people.

Already being done with help of this amazing organization:

National_Organization_for_Women_logo.png
About damn time somebody took charge. It's not like people are having the most amazing kids lately. I believe everybody born after 1995 has become or will grow up to just be a diluted asshole so the less of them the better.

All things end. This world is no different. We had our run, now let's put a bullet in it and call it a day.

Last edited:
That would take care of the mosquito problem, some of the drug problem and eliminate about 20% of the illegal immigration problem: win-win-win

New cases in Miami Beach , it's spreading folks. In Puerto Rico, there is a state of emergency because of zika. Joint Pain, conjunctivits? How much you want to bet those same people are long term f'd up too. Whoa....

==============

Thirty people have been diagnosed with a rare paralyzing condition caused by Zika virus infection in Puerto Rico, the territory's health department said Thursday.

And Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Thomas Frieden says he expects even more cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome in Puerto Rico because the virus is infecting so much of the population.

"We think there will be as many as 200 additional cases, given the overall number of infections there," Frieden told NBC News.

Armendariz said about a quarter of people infected in Puerto Rico are noticing Zika symptoms, including headache, rash, conjunctivitis and joint pain.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/zi...-hits-30-puerto-rico-cdc-expects-more-n633781

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT