ADVERTISEMENT

Zuckerberg in DC

I don't think he's used to this

It is definitely not his scene where he's testifying in a suit and tie to dinosaurs that are very ignorant about technology. A lot of tech guys are a little awkward who can't bullshit like Politicians with law degrees.

Last edited:
That hearing was an absolute joke. All it proved was that the lawmakers are completely ignorant to today’s technology and as to what companies like Facebook are doing.

Orrin Hatch literally asked how Facebook sustained a business model when it’s users didn’t pay for the service. That’s not encouraging when the whole point of dragging Zuck in there was to confront him on Facebook’s issues about user privacy and data scraping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
That hearing was an absolute joke. All it proved was that the lawmakers are completely ignorant to today’s technology and as to what companies like Facebook are doing.

Orrin Hatch literally asked how Facebook sustained a business model when it’s users didn’t pay for the service. That’s not encouraging when the whole point of dragging Zuck in there was to confront him on Facebook’s issues user privacy and data scraping.

That's what I got out of it too. Fuking morons running this country.

Orrin Hatch literally asked how Facebook sustained a business model when it’s users didn’t pay for the service. That’s not encouraging when the whole point of dragging Zuck in there was to confront him on Facebook’s issues about user privacy and data scraping.
yeah it was an embarrassment crossing party lines, Feinstein asked some stupid questions as well and ofcourse the vampire Cruz made it all about himself with some partisan grandstanding with questions about a former Facebook employee that got fired for being a cokehead but he always has to make it R vs D with his false equivalencies.

One takeaway from the hearing, Zuck is not a pro-American. They had to tell him the answer to the question “what other country could you go from a garage to a billion dollar empire in such a short time”. He conceded when he was told “NONE, that’s correct answer”.

I was super busy yesterday and last night and missed the details . That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen or heard . Embarrassing to all of us

He really asked that. And Zuckerberg responded, “we run adds senator.” He wasn’t the only one. It was quite obvious that a lot of the senators especially the fossils had no clue or understanding as to how Facebook works or to what they have been doing.

Reactions: btbones
there were a ton of terrible questions and i wouldve loved to see more pointed questions. zuck looked terrible and constantly looked uncomfortable answering the questions.

i hope this leads to some real change in the tech industry in regards to doing more for privacy and for being politically neutral.

Old people don't know about tech. Shocking news. I guess I have to stop going to my grandparents when I have questions.

Term Limits.

Old people don't know about tech. Shocking news. I guess I have to stop going to my grandparents when I have questions.

Term Limits.

Yup. There's just a natural "wall" for a lot of older people, where even if they're around tech and understand the basics - it just doesn't quite click like it does for the generation that grew up with it.

That’s something I’ve never understood . I’ve never missed an opportunity to vote .

Neither have I (in midterms and presidential). Most of my friends vote but the ones who don't - it just seem like it doesn't matter to them. They think it doesn't really effect their life.

maybe they are too busy eating tide pods, snorting condoms, and doing other various stupid challenges

Just an FYI - the generation that does all that weird stuff are NOT millenials.

And an FYI since wayne seems to gobble up these obviously clickbaity headlines, its vastly overblown. A handful of kids did it and posted videos, most from 5 years ago, yet the MSM (which wayne is so quick to call out) talks like every child is doing it (and wayne believes it).

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/condom-snorting-challenge/

The problem with our US federal gov't is that they are too slow and 10 years behind.

Facebook can do what it wants, because it's essential protected by the 1st Amendment. But that also means we shouldn't be prosecuting only Conservative entities, but all entities -- including Progressive ones -- when it comes to abuse of the data.

I thought Carol Davidsen's comments would change the attitude, showcasing how the Progressives did things without any approval as well, and 1M people opting in resulted in the "whole social graph" of 1B people, but obviously the Progressive-sided US Mainstream Media (MSM) cannot stand it when Conservatives benefit as well.

I don't want any US gov't interference. If people cannot think for themselves, and believe what politicians, Russians and bad actors believe, then we've got bigger issues.

Just an FYI - the generation that does all that weird stuff are NOT millenials.
i think the next generation is z. not sure if thats official or if they are waiting for a better name. and yes i know the vast majority of the kids arent doing these stupid challenges.

https://gizmodo.com/the-giant-list-of-shit-mark-zuckerberg-swears-hell-get-1825189623

they compiled a list of the things he said he would get back to them on. its way to long to share here.

i bet he doesnt even touch on a quarter of them

f02kt1ymbhr01.jpg

Reactions: Ace of Knights
ADVERTISEMENT