ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Realignment Thread

Scuttlebutt is all over the place.

Saw an article about Wash, Oregon, Cal and Stanford being discussed by B10 this morning.

Maybe they wait until AU and ASU make a decision.

Last edited:
What number of teams is unmanageable? Or is it strictly monetary value? At some point scheduling turns into a nightmare.

What number of teams is unmanageable? Or is it strictly monetary value? At some point scheduling turns into a nightmare.
I like the idea of 20 if the acc implodes. Grab 4 acc schools and form a big20 with 4 (5 team pods). Play 4 games against your pod then 2 against the other 3 pods annually. Throw in a non conference game against a b10 or sec school and youve got sone good football.

No more g5 or fcs scheduling this way

I like the idea of 20 if the acc implodes. Grab 4 acc schools and form a big20 with 4 (5 team pods). Play 4 games against your pod then 2 against the other 3 pods annually. Throw in a non conference game against a b10 or sec school and youve got sone good football.

No more g5 or fcs scheduling this way
Like it except still remember UCF as G5 and should give them a chance to take out a P3 and every P3 should have to prove they deserve it.

Reactions: U C to the F
Agreed. G5 need those games and I would miss the upsets (think MTSU blowing out Miami). I think P5’s playing a first game G5 is a good way to ease into the year, or in the middle of the year a good break in between the P5 conference grind.

Reactions: Yaes
Agreed. G5 need those games and I would miss the upsets (think MTSU blowing out Miami). I think P5’s playing a first game G5 is a good way to ease into the year, or in the middle of the year a good break in between the P5 conference grind.
I agree…until i think about usf. They should never be given an opportunity to upset anyone. Enjoy irrelevancy

Reactions: U C to the F
Anyone read or heard anything about USC and the Big 10 situation with Oregon?
The rumor is USC doesn’t want Oregon in. They want to dominate the West Coast and Oregon w their Nike money would make them work more in recruiting battles in California if they got in the Big10

Reactions: Yaes
It basically seems like the pulse has UW and OR joining the Big10 as almost a lock. Prob more beneficial for USC for that to happen for traveling purposes than the possibility of them competing for recruits, since they have been competing against them for recruits for, oh say the last 108 years or so. Not so sure USC has that much sway in the league they haven’t even joined yet, in a crazy changing realignment environment they don’t have control over.

So Arizona State and Utah join to make it 16, then the Big 12 waits for the ACC invite us + 1-3 others. Does that sound pretty accurate?

It basically seems like the pulse has UW and OR joining the Big10 as almost a lock.
Not so fast. The Big Ten's new TV deal is set for the next seven years. The only way this happens is if some way is found to add them without the other Big Ten member institutions losing money.

the other pac12 schools are gonna have to make a move quickly to join the league for 2024. Clock is ticking. Time is on the B12's side.

The snowball has started down the hill.

Another says BIg 10 gave the go ahead to start the process of adding them at a lower pay, and both schools have already begged to be added for the low pay.

Another says BIg 10 gave the go ahead to start the process of adding them at a lower pay, and both schools have already begged to be added for the low pay.
I've heard all kinds of "Big Ten said this or that" stories. Lower pay would be a given -- BUT -- even then, it will require a whole bunch of money from somewhere to keep the member schools' TV money from going down. Unless Presidents and ADs can be convinced that the new Natty playoff format will revolve around the B1G (and SEC) and will significantly increase the conference's bottom line revenue, it ain't happening.
Supposedly it was mentioned on the google searches that Notre Dame will stay independent.
Like its mates FSU and Clemson remaining in the ACC, Notre Dame cannot afford to remain independent much longer.

Oregon to the Big12 would have been awesome bc it seems like a cool setting but man is that a lot of travel for in Conference games. Trips to the Pacific Northwest feel so long

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
With each move it makes having the current 12 team playoff setup more likely to change. Football is inevitably going to split away from other college sports, non-revenue producing sports traveling coast to coast lacks any value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT