ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Gifts: what are you giving / asking for? (🧑‍🎄 🕎 etc)

AGLamb

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2021
I’m hard to shop for. Generally I am a pretty obsessive deal hunter so I get annoyed when someone buys me say, sneakers for full price when it was blown out at some random boutique for 40% a few weeks prior.

I’m trying to make a list of small gift ideas for my wife and family to make things easier this year. Curious what you guys are asking for?

Also: I’m curious what you’re gifting others! Help me be a good husband by making my gifting easier.

I’ll start with a couple small things I like to gift, or stuff I own that would make a good gift:

Quoddy slipper socks - American made from up in Maine. I own a bunch of their shoes, their ‘true loafers’ are the best. The slipper socks seem like a nice cozy wool and supporting American production is important to me. Getting these for my wife who loves a cozy gift.

Tom Bihn travel tray - for anyone who likes to travel. It converts from a pouch to a bedside tray which is great for organizing stuff so you don’t misplace things in a hotel room. Tom Bihn is another great American manufacturer. They stitched and donated over a quarter million face masks during covid. Their laundry stuff sack is another fantastic travel accessory, and their bags are expensive but ‘buy for life’. My aeronaut bag has flown 500k miles with me easily and still looks brand new. All the stuff they make rules. Perfect for a kid who is studying abroad, or a spouse who doesn’t like to roll a suitcase.

Fischer space pen - I worked for a place that gave these away as client gifts and I still get photos from old clients when they use them. It’s not fancy / fussy, just a nice quality pen that comes in a variety of sizes.

Cortier bottle hook - great gift for college kids. My favorite keychain. Nice solid weight, not too cumbersome and it will hook right in to your belt loop if you like that vibe. I’ve had mine for 10 years and it has developed an awesome patina.

Bellroy zip wallet - this is imo the best wallet if you don’t carry cash. Keeps your wallet tidy and clean looking and fits a ton. I currently have 7 credit cards / IDs, an AirTag and a little baggie of Xanax in mine with room to spare.

Filson’s original brief is on sale. If you need a briefcase and you want to give a hint to your spouse OR maybe you have a kid about to enter the workforce.. this bag rules. I’ve had mine for 6 years and it has broken in wonderfully. Just needs a few mods (DM and I can advise) to modernize it a bit! It is a ‘buy for life’ bag. I wouldn’t spend more than this $300 sale price.

Anson belts - ratcheting belts are weird but I’m in love with mine. They’re modular, so the buckles swap out and the ratcheting system means they adjust to any waist size. these are really high quality and have lasted me for 4 years now, so I’m confident recommending. Also good for travel, you can bring 2 straps and one buckle and change them out as needed. Funny enough the owners are ECU NIL guys

Smathers and Branson needlepoint stuff - they make small goods with neat little designs. I got my wife a beach key fob last year and she loves it. The baller move is to get the custom belt for your dad with all the dad stuff he likes, they license NCAA so you can get a UCF logo on there :)

Thermapen makes the best instant read thermometers imo, for cooks in ur life

I’ll keep updating as I think of things. Hope this helps others

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News