ADVERTISEMENT

Javon Baker making some bold statements

vroomba

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 23, 2012
Claiming he is already a top 10 receiver in the league (CBS Sports Article). There was a segment on him on SXM Mad Dog Sports this morning at ~830. So does he shine or make a fool of himself?

He'll become a mid-range talent, gather up 12 TDs, and likely fade out in 4 seasons like most UCF draftees.

Probably better to actually get on the field before proclaiming anything. If he continues to talk, secondaries will take extra enjoyment in welcoming him to the league.

He’s got a similar issue that he had here: subpar QB play. Drake Maye + Patriots offense doesn’t instill a lot of confidence for production

He’s not getting 12 TDs as a rookie. He’ll probably have 4 good games and the rest mid at best. He has no idea how much he doesn’t know yet.

The wheelchair remark was in very poor taste, seems like he should talk on the field.

How many times he end up on his face come time for NE practices? What a great way to piss off CBs and WRs. "OK little boy, why'd you drop that?"

Don't be debbie downers. Pull for Javon Baker to be the next NFL stud WR. It's great publicity for UCF. I'm a dolphin fan but will still be pulling for him to do great things on the next level.
I didn't care for his bammer attitude, body language, work ethic, but I will be pulling for him to be an All-Pro his rookie season!

Reactions: Central Floridave
Like many young players he is full of himself. Reality has a way of taking that out of people quickly. As long as the confidence doesn't make him lazy he will do what he will do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT