ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cameras

BennyZ

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2003
I have a Nikon D5500 with a 28-300
Zoom I like it but it’s big and heavy and obvious. I hardly use any of the advanced features, and probably never will (as much as I want to try and convince myself I’m going to become some sort of professional nature, sports, landscape, travel photographer/videoographer).

I want a nice small travel camera so I’m not riding around in other countries having to lug large cameras that also remove any doubt if I’m a tourist.

I like the zoom. Of course now most companies have moved away from small format zooms since everyone has a cell phone. But even the best cell phones don’t have 15X, 20X, 30X optical zooms.

I can get Sony HX99 or Canon sx740 which both have smaller format sensors, of those 2 I’m leaning towards the Sony. Both are in the $500 range. Bothe have huge zooms. The Sony has a movable screen so you can do selfies and videos and it has Raw format which is way better for post processing.

I can get a Panasonic LUMIX 200D which has half the zoom but a much bigger sensor so much better image quality in low light and options for more depth of field etc. But the price is I lose zoom, the adjustable screen (no selfies and harder to use for vlogs if I ever try). And it is over $200 more money.

Or just keep doing what I’m doing. Cell phone, luggable Nikon and old GoPro (that I still don’t really know how to use properly).

I know there are some photo guys on here. Any help
Would be appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News