ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Damn I just found out Goldie transferred. When did that happen? After spring game?
He was a train wreck. UCF was held Kobe Hudson out of the spring. Even with Hudson out, Lawrence ran third team the entire spring. I think he caught two passes in the second scrimmage.

From watching his press conference, he looked strung out on drugs.

Last edited:
is it though? i'm sure USC fans thought it was huge when they got an Alabama DB. really hard to have high expectations for someone with 3 years eligibility remaining and we're his 3rd school. we've been there (guys like demarkus bowen, etc) done that.
It's important to note the context.
The first two schools were Alabama and USC, which both keep a very deep pool of NFL level DB talent. No shame in moving on from those two programs in order to get more PT as a DB.

is it though? i'm sure USC fans thought it was huge when they got an Alabama DB. really hard to have high expectations for someone with 3 years eligibility remaining and we're his 3rd school. we've been there (guys like demarkus bowen, etc) done that.
Yes. Big in a few ways…perception of UCF continuing to grab highly touted guys making national news in the portal, who many other schools wanted for one. His brother is a 5* #1 Safety for next years class. Elite DBs are a position of need. Comparing to RB when only 1-2 get playing time (if no injuries), DBs are 4-5 guys at a time so depth is needed. And as mentioned, we’ve had a few transfers from Alabama that were drafted…

*Javon just drafted to the Pats btw 110 overall btw…breaking news

Not worried this year. All of our current backups have 4 or 5 years of eligibility. Jaccuri has 2 or 3 years. Now if Jaccuri wins the starting job next year, we could see our young QBs transferring out
He can resume the role of a qb from another FL school that rents a stadium and run the scout team

Not worried this year. All of our current backups have 4 or 5 years of eligibility. Jaccuri has 2 or 3 years. Now if Jaccuri wins the starting job next year, we could see our young QBs transferring out
On film, I think he looks better than KJ. Anyone know for sure why he left Miami?

If I had to guess the Cam Ward transfer. But the program as a whole seems dysfunctional, so it could be a number of things.

On film, I think he looks better than KJ. Anyone know for sure why he left Miami?
Not sure why we picked him up. Why not try to develop the other 3 juniors instead of brining in a band aid. I'd be shocked if he beat out KJ during the summer.

He was the 4th string QB. Needs to keep improving his accuracy. Probably fits best in an rpo offense. You are NOT watching film…you are watching highlights.

Not sure why we picked him up. Why not try to develop the other 3 juniors instead of brining in a band aid. I'd be shocked if he beat out KJ during the summer.
I don't think he will be given the chance to beat ourt KJ but I wish they would let him try because I think he looks better on his film.

He was the 4th string QB. Needs to keep improving his accuracy. Probably fits best in an rpo offense. You are NOT watching film…you are watching highlights.
People on here watch highlights and act like that’s the gospel. No one throws bad passes or drops balls ever on them.

Reactions: Knightmare13
I don't think he will be given the chance to beat ourt KJ but I wish they would let him try because I think he looks better on his film.
Nope, Jefferson’s job unless he gets hurt…..then we bring in a guy who is a better fit in the offense than everyone else (excepting Colson who should redshirt anyway since he missed a year of HS.

We should be really excited about this if he actually goes with us… built for this offense.

Reactions: U C to the F
Nope, Jefferson’s job unless he gets hurt…..then we bring in a guy who is a better fit in the offense than everyone else (excepting Colson who should redshirt anyway since he missed a year of HS.)
Correct. No one brings in a quarterback in May to be the starter in August (although Gus did with Nick Marshall.)
We should be really excited about this if he actually goes with us… built for this 2024* offense.
Correct again.

Wasn’t he leaving before bowl game anyway? They asked him to stay and play in bowl game. Maybe not but that’s what I thought.
Don’t see how, since Ward committed late since he was thinking about the NFL. Your story sounds more like Emory Jones, who was leaving UF but when Richardson needed surgery offered to come back and play against us in our bowl game in ‘21 against Mikey. Then Jones hopped back into the portal and went to Az St.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
People on here watch highlights and act like that’s the gospel. No one throws bad passes or drops balls ever on them.
Of course not, just like people don't submit bad references. But the plays they make on film were made and that tells you a great deal about their potential, abilities and the way they play. At least that's my opinion.

Of course not, just like people don't submit bad references. But the plays they make on film were made and that tells you a great deal about their potential, abilities and the way they play. At least that's my opinion.

Best bet is to watch full games, not highlights.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Related to the RB?
No.

The Toledo RB's brother is late former Indy Colts RB Zurlon Tipton.

On December 25, 2015, Tipton was arrested and charged with criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, after reportedly firing a single shot from his AR-15 rifle into his girlfriend's house.

On June 28, 2016, Tipton accidentally shot himself in the stomach while removing a bag containing two guns from his car. He was taken to the hospital in good condition but died shortly afterwards.

Harvey
Richardson
Boone
Montgomery
Arthur
Gage

I'd say we're set at RB
Best college running back room of all-time?

1,476-yard rusher (Harvey)
1,400-yard rusher (Boone)
586-yard rusher (Richardson)
428-yard rusher (Montgomery)
447-yard rushing QB (Jefferson)
167-yard rushing WR (Xavier Townsend)

4,504 total rushing yards in 2023 alone.

Best college running back room of all-time?

1,476-yard rusher (Harvey)
1,400-yard rusher (Boone)
586-yard rusher (Richardson)
428-yard rusher (Montgomery)
447-yard rushing QB (Jefferson)
167-yard rushing WR (Xavier Townsend)

4,504 total rushing yards in 2023 alone.
So UCF play calling will be 60+ rushes per game?

Richardson was getting 3 touches a game in his final three games of 2023, at the minimum one would expect him to leave unless he doesn't care about playing.

So UCF play calling will be 60+ rushes per game?

Richardson was getting 3 touches a game in his final three games of 2023, at the minimum one would expect him to leave unless he doesn't care about playing.
And I think we really can’t afford to have Richardson leave, we need that kind of speed on offense. Otherwise we don’t have anyone who can take the top off the defense.

And I think we really can’t afford to have Richardson leave, we need that kind of speed on offense. Otherwise we don’t have anyone who can take the top off the defense.
In reality, Richardson’s speed has kind of been a myth his whole career at UCF. Obviously, he’s incredibly fast (of course). But Malzahn has never really found consistent ways to get him the ball in the open field - so his elite speed has been wasted. He probably would have been better served to play in a Scott Frost offense.

Harvey is actually the guy that has had “top off the defense” moments - what I would consider plays of 50 yards or more.

In reality, Richardson’s speed has kind of been a myth his whole career at UCF. Obviously, he’s incredibly fast (of course). But Malzahn has never really found consistent ways to get him the ball in the open field - so his elite speed has been wasted. He probably would have been better served to play in a Scott Frost offense.

Harvey is actually the guy that has had “top off the defense” moments - what I would consider plays of 50 yards or more.
yeah his speed is kinda overrated. he's shifty and small so you kinda expect some wheels, but he's always getting caught from behind. when you see him moving out there you think you're going to see adrian killins, but it's more otis anderson (R.I.P.).

yeah his speed is kinda overrated. he's shifty and small so you kinda expect some wheels, but he's always getting caught from behind. when you see him moving out there you think you're going to see adrian killins, but it's more otis anderson (R.I.P.).
Agreed, and Richardson also does not have good footwork. How many times has he reached the second level in open field and he stumbles or takes a misstep?

Killins should be the standard by which we measure speed (Quincy McDuffie taking the silver medal).

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT