ADVERTISEMENT

Short-handed Knights Tough it out for Exhibition Win

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Knights Tough it Out for Exhibition Win

UCF to open regular season next Saturday at home.

By John Denton
UCFAthletics.com

ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - There were instances Saturday night when West Virginia Tech made spirited runs at UCF's severely short-handed squad, getting within five points of the lead five different times, but Knights' coach Donnie Jones resisted the notion to call a timeout.

See link for complete article, write up and stats.

Knights Tough it out for Exhibition Win

that was my point...wait till we play real teams with length...WVT shouldnt even be hanging with us. But they did. Gonna be a long year when ur tallest player is 6-8 or 6-9

Originally posted by pittstoner74:
that was my point...wait till we play real teams with length...WVT shouldnt even be hanging with us. But they did. Gonna be a long year when ur tallest player is 6-8 or 6-9
Do you think it has more to do with the 5 major contributors sitting out, or our tallest guy being 6-9? Use some common sense.

these 5 "major" contributors are also rans in college basketball. Best player is Jordan. He wouldnt have done anything except taken points away from Clanton. He is short and unathletic.

these 5 "major" contributors are also rans in college basketball. Best player is Jordan. He wouldnt have done anything except taken points away from Clanton. He is short and unathletic.
Its clear you don't even watch ucf basketball.

so Jordan is 6-6 and dunking all over everyone? or does his outside shot suck and he just tries to drive to basket and run people over hoping to get the foul called? These 5 major contributors didnt do anywhere near enough last year.

so Jordan is 6-6 and dunking all over everyone? or does his outside shot suck and he just tries to drive to basket and run people over hoping to get the foul called? These 5 major contributors didnt do anywhere near enough last year.
So I assume we weren't 14-0 last year, ranked top 20 in the nation with wins over Umass, Miami, and UF? Yes we had a let down due to injuries to Rompza, Jordan, and Herzog. Jordan has a tremendous outside shot. Why does he need to be 6-6 and dunking all over everyone for ucf to have a successful season? You mention in your post that UCF didn't blow out WVT because we weren't tall enough, but it was obviously because 5 major contributors were suspended. How do you live such a negative life?

Jordan has a tremendous outside shot? Yeah ok. We'll see soon enough how good this team is come Thanxgiving weekend in bahamas. Just dont get ur hopes up.

roll.gif

Seriously, did Marcus still your boyfriend away from you or something?
This post was edited on 11/8 11:57 AM by Knight_Light

6-2 is tall to u? and I think in pregame warmups he almost touches the rim. talk about the next coming.

i have to admit Jordan has NO shot and is short... but anyways did anybody see the game that both ucf transfers had last night? dammm

Originally posted by a_alvarez:
i have to admit Jordan has NO shot and is short... but anyways did anybody see the game that both ucf transfers had last night? dammm

Well Coach...I'm sure you never had a bad word about your own Isaac Sosa either.

While I enjoyed watching Isaac play for 3 years (during good games and bad games), I think he will do very well up at Canisius...as in a lesser league (MAAC) he should be able to find even more open shots...because when he is open, he can be deadly.

Thanks though for stopping by and trying to rip on Marcus (again).

Knight Light must have his Marcus blow up doll next to his TY blow up doll..... HA

http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2011/nov/07/troy-basketball-team-gets-exhibition-win-over-west-ar-2670139/

too many people fall over themselves trying to be Marcus friend just because of who his dad is. But he isnt anywhere near as good or tall as his dad, so personally he doesnt do it for me. Hopefully our recruits can start being good, and not just the kiddies of former players.

But he isnt anywhere near as good or tall as his dad, so personally he doesnt do it for me.

eek.gif

No way???

Really???

Marcus is SHORTER than his Dad...and isn't as good of a player as his Dad??

Say it ain't so!!!!!

Better yet...find a post where someone, anyone, ever suggested otherwise. (There has to be a few of them out there somewhere)
This post was edited on 11/9 8:30 PM by Knight_Light

But he isnt anywhere near as good as his dad, so personally he doesnt do it for me.

lol. You made me laugh.

Who else is as good as Michael Jordan?? Humm? Maybe you dislike 99.999% of the NBA players? Well, in another word, you only like Michael Jordan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT