ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2024 Transfer Portal Thread

CORRECTION: UCF has 76 players on scholarship for the spring. Seven more incoming freshmen will join the team in the fall. In all, UCF has 83 scholarships issued.

With the spring portal opening April 15, UCF has potential needs at OL, WR, and DE.

CORRECTION: UCF has 76 players on scholarship for the spring. Seven more incoming freshmen will join the team in the fall. In all, UCF has 83 scholarships issued.

With the spring portal opening April 15, UCF has potential needs at OL, WR, and DE.
How many do we get again? 90?

Taking a WR means we lose some combination of Bakker, Whittemore and Magwood. Do you trade quality depth (and how much) for a starter?

Let’s see who becomes available

I think you take
1-2 rotational O linemen with starting potential next year (Grable, Swoboda, Kight esq)
1 proven WR starter (Kobe Hudson esq).
1 proven DE starter at SEC level (Big Kat Bryant esq).

All assuming our current 1s stay put

Last edited:
How many do we get again? 90?

Taking a WR means we lose some combination of Bakker, Whittemore and Magwood. Do you trade quality depth (and how much) for a starter?

Let’s see who becomes available

I think you take
1-2 rotational O linemen with starting potential next year (Grable, Swoboda, Kight esq)
1 proven WR starter (Kobe Hudson esq).
1 proven DE starter at SEC level (Big Kat Bryant esq).

All assuming our current 1s stay put
I agree with everything you just wrote.

UCF has an 85 scholarship allowance.

The Knights have two options at WR: Sign an ELITE X and move Kobi Hudson and Xavier Townsend back to Z and slot, respectively. Or move Hudson to X and Townsend to Z permanently and sign an ELITE slot.

ELITE X's are in demand and hard to find.

Although he is not in the portal, App State's Kaedin Robinson is my favorite returning X receiver in the Group of 5. He is 6-2, 205 lbs, has the speed to get vertical in the passing game, and caught 67 passes for 905 yards and 10 touchdowns last year.

More realistically, UCF will target a proven slot receiver, which are a dime a dozen. I predict UCF will sign Auburn transfer Ja'Varrius Johnson.

-----

UCF will pursue a plug-and-play offensive guard and/or tackle. A right tackle transfer would allow UCF to kick Marcellus Marshall inside to guard. A guard transfer would allow UCF to choose between Jabari Brooks and Adrian Medley for the other guard position.

Although he is not in the portal, Boise State left guard Ben Dooley, having played left and right guard, would be a perfect fit for the Knights should he jump in the portal.

-----

UCF will pursue an edge in the 6-2/6-3, 250/260 lb range. Although he is not in the portal, Utah State sophomore Paul Fitzgerald would be an ideal candidate.

Reactions: PhDee

Ja'Varrius is officially visiting today
Who'd a thunk it?

Shrek Film Smile GIF by Peacock

Who'd a thunk it?

Shrek Film Smile GIF by Peacock
Is Ja’Varrius that much better than Magwood or Baker? His most yards in a season is about 500. Would we take him essentially for him next year to be a starter.

Looking up all their stats Ja’Varrius definitely has more playing experience. He’s 4.4 speed but small, good hands.

Last edited:
Is Ja’Varrius that much better than Magwood or Baker? His most yards in a season is about 500. Would we take him essentially for him next year to be a starter.

Looking up all their stats Ja’Varrius definitely has more playing experience. He’s 4.4 speed but small, good hands.
Look at it from this perspective.

UCF needs a transfer who is able to start immediately at slot receiver AND is able to pick up the offense in one fall camp AND is able to do everything Gus requires to play the position.

Is there really a better candidate than a transfer who played four years of high school football under Gus's first great Shiloh Christian quarterback Josh Floyd and then spent two years in Gus's offense at slot receiver at Auburn?

I like him. KJ Jefferson likes him. He was teammates with Kobi Hudson.

Last edited:
Honestly I think it’s where his brother ends up
Agreed.

"Auburn is trending upward in Fegans’ recruitment, and one recruiting expert is ready to throw in his prediction. Cole Pinkston of Auburn Live has logged an “expert pick” for Auburn to land Fegans, joining Jeffrey Lee in doing so."

More UCF-related transfer portal news...

"Former Michigan linebacker Nikhai Hil-Green has been spotted in Ann Arbor working out, and the Wolverines could use some linebacker depth — can we expect to see him back in Ann Arbor?"

"The veteran transferred to Charlotte last year to play with Biff Poggi and had a good year, the team’s second-leading tackler in his first season with the 49ers (73) and a third-Team All-American Athletic Conference selection. He’d had issues with injuries and fell behind the top three on the depth chart so transferred out, but now he’s looking to move again after initially committing to UCF."

'Sources at Michigan say there’s nothing to confirm at this time, and they’re unsure where things stand at this point. In short — our read on it — it sounds like everything needs to check out with admissions, etc., before it’s a possibility (“following the process”)."

Dude must have the worst academics ever.

Last edited:
Running list of scholarship players I can see leaving UCF when the portal opens Monday ....

Isiah Nixon -- NGE
Timmy McClain -- NGE
Bryon Threats -- NGE
TJ Bullard -- NGE
Troy Ford -- NGE
Kam Moore -- NGE
Patrick Barnett -- NGE
Jamaal Johnson -- NGE
Xavier Williams -- NGE

Potential Portal Cash Cow:
Amari Kight

I predict three-to-five off this list leave the program.

Last edited:
Running list of scholarship players I can see leaving UCF when the portal opens Monday ....

Isiah Nixon -- NGE
Timmy McClain -- NGE
Bryon Threats -- NGE
TJ Bullard -- NGE
Troy Ford -- NGE
Kam Moore -- NGE
Patrick Barnett -- NGE
Jamaal Johnson -- NGE
Xavier Williams -- NGE

Potential Portal Cash Cow:
Amari Kight

I predict three-to-five off this list leave the program.
Lmao. So you believe that only the players you don’t like are the only ones leaving? Guess again?

Miani or UCF?

Played in Conference USA East (Marshall).

That suggests the "G6" u

Played at Seminole HS.

That suggests UCF

At 6-4, 250, he is the ideal size for a UCF edge defender.

This recruitment will be interesting.

• All SWAC First Team

Dominated against the cows with 12 tackles.

87.2 PFF grade (No. 3 grade in the nation at one point during 2023).

Last edited:
C7C565F6-F3CC-422C-943A-ACC2848F15DA.jpeg

Spicy. LB/ST Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at Seminole. Those guys are ride or die for their product.

Spring games are over. Coaches all over know which areas they need help with. Paranoia Gus won’t even discuss the subject…rather he has KJ Jefferson talking about the playoffs. Comical.

Some kids will go to the portal on their own while others will be asked/told to leave. Anyways, things are about to get wild.

Reactions: LoboCane
Why are the people that cover UCF football seemingly afraid to discuss the team’s needs in the transfer portal?
Because they have me of course.

UCF does not have many immediate needs.

Jarrad Baker has improved tremendously. He is capable of starting at a wide receiver spot.

UCF's offensive line of RT Paul Rupelt, RG Marcellus Marshall, C Kaden Kitler, LG Adrian Medley, and LT Amari Kight are solid.

Ja'Varrius Johnson will be a great get at WR.
An ELITE OG or OT would be welcomed. A high-level defensive end and edge should be targeted.

That's about it.

Because they have me of course.

UCF does not have many immediate needs.

Jarrad Baker has improved tremendously. He is capable of starting at a wide receiver spot.

UCF's offensive line of RT Paul Rupelt, RG Marcellus Marshall, C Kaden Kitler, LG Adrian Medley, and LT Amari Kight are solid.

Ja'Varrius Johnson will be a great get at WR.
An ELITE OG or OT would be welcomed. A high-level defensive end and edge should be targeted.

That's about it.
You are such a clown. That’s a 4-5 win roster right now and you say that “UCF doesn’t have any immediate needs.” Lol.

I can see Shemar Kirk hitting the portal. He’s actually a good WR prospect and played very well during Spring practice. He’s probably going to be looking from more snaps than what he would get at Miami. UCF would make a lot of sense for both parties.

I can see Shemar Kirk hitting the portal. He’s actually a good WR prospect and played very well during Spring practice. He’s probably going to be looking from more snaps than what he would get at Miami. UCF would make a lot of sense for both parties.
Ain't that the guy who was working at Lowes? Then he went to a non-scholarship D3 juco. And you were flexing when he went to the u. And I janked you afterward.

Per the article, "He says he graduated high school in 2019 but took 2 years off after he didn't receive any offers."

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I bet he signs with Arkansas.

Last edited:
Ain't that the guy who was working at Lowes? Then he went to a non-scholarship D3 juco. And you were flexing when he went to the u. And I janked you afterward.

Per the article, "He says he graduated high school in 2019 but took 2 years off after he didn't receive any offers."

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I bet he signs with Arkansas.
He’s good. Do you not understand that I would like for him to stay? He’s probably leaving because he wants to play. Also, UCF recruited him hard at JUCO same time as Miami. Understand?

He would be the best WR at UCF behind Hudson.

He’s good. Do you not understand that I would like for him to stay? He’s probably leaving because he wants to play. Also, UCF recruited him hard at JUCO same time as Miami. Understand?

He would be the best WR at UCF behind Hudson.

If things don't work out in the portal, he has a plan.

Great Job GIF by The Home Depot

If things don't work out in the portal, he has a plan.

Great Job GIF by The Home Depot
If a top WR1 emerges in the portal…Miami will make a run. Mario wants to surround Ward with elite weapons. WR order for Miami right now:

1. Restrepo
2. George
3. Horton
4. Ray Ray (Joseph)
5. Trader (true freshman)
6. Carr (true freshman)
7. Kirk

Buckle up.

“No way around that…..I would say half a dozen or more impact players they will target. I think they feel good about several of them and frankly have for a few weeks. I don’t know who the big winner will be….but I would be very surprised if we weren’t talking about the Miami Hurricanes as having fundamentally altered their starting 22” - Josh Pate on Late Kick

Buckle up.

“No way around that…..I would say half a dozen or more impact players they will target. I think they feel good about several of them and frankly have for a few weeks. I don’t know who the big winner will be….but I would be very surprised if we weren’t talking about the Miami Hurricanes as having fundamentally altered their starting 22” - Josh Pate on Late Kick
Miami is 10 scholarship players over the 85 scholarship threshold. The u would have to lose 20 current scholarship players to add 10 portal players during the spring window.

UCF sits at 83 scholarship players today. I am uncertain whether UCF could lose 10 players and replace them with 10 better players out of the portal.

Miami is 10 scholarship players over the 85 scholarship threshold. The u would have to lose 20 current scholarship players to add 10 portal players during the spring window.

UCF sits at 83 scholarship players today. I am uncertain whether UCF could lose 10 players and replace them with 10 better players out of the portal.
You have no idea as to how many scholarship Miami is over and you have no idea of how many players Miami will add.

I’ll tell you this…UCF is about to be poached. Boys better come up with extra money for a couple of their main offensive players. Hint* look at two high profile players that did not participate in Spring practice nor played in the Spring game.

You have no idea as to how many scholarship Miami is over and you have no idea of how many players Miami will add.

I’ll tell you this…UCF is about to be poached. Boys better come up with extra money for a couple of their main offensive players. Hint* look at two high profile players that did not participate in Spring practice nor played in the Spring game.
Don't drop "hints" Don't be coy. Name names.

Goldie Lawrence did not dress. Neither did Kobi Hudson.

Last edited:
RJ Harvey - Kobe Hudson. Nobody is interested in Goldie bro. Hudson just signed with a new NIL agent a couple of days ago. There’s more but I won’t give you guys the information. Do one of your patented silly Google searches.

RJ Harvey - Kobe Hudson. Nobody is interested in Goldie bro. Hudson just signed with a new NIL agent a couple of days ago. There’s more but I won’t give you guys the information. Do one of your patented silly Google searches.
Lol

I apologize to other posters on this board for asking.

Laugh now- cry later. Guess where his new NIL agent is based at? Just guess?!
Coach Paul Lounsberry said the UCF coaches "have a good idea" who is entering the portal. He also said it was "nobody expected to receive a lot of playing time." He also said that Kingdom NIL could step in and "change those guys' minds" if it wanted to.

Call me crazy, but I think UCF expects Kobi and RJ to receive a lot of playing time.

That means either your behind-the-paywall info from people with no real access is worthless or info from a former UCF assistant coach who goes to UCF practices and scrimmages is worthless.

Who do you believe?

30:30 mark until.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT