ADVERTISEMENT

The Hoops Report - St. Thomas

Hoops McKnight*

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2001
1. That was quite likely the ugliest 13-point win I’ve ever witnessed. We win because we’re bigger than they were - period.

2. Give St. Thomas credit. They were quicker and more active than we were. We’re now 21-5 against them all time, 20-5 when they were D-II conference mates named Biscayne College. We thought they were arrogant, rich kid thugs back then…

3. I don’t think anybody had a memorable game tonight. Dwight had his best game in a long time, but that’s about it. Isaiah, too.

4. Stats of the night: 14 blocks - all-time UCF single game record. 47 FTA ? 4th all-time single game record (56 record against FAU in 93). Unfortunately we only made 26 of them. I wouldn’t let any player on the bus to FSU until they made 70% in 100+ attempts tonight.

5. Isaiah played his ass off, and had an incredible block ¾ up the backboard in the 2nd half. Scary moments when he hit his head on the floor afterwards.

6. Pretty festive evening, with Light Up UCF starting up tonight as well.

7. Pretty damn mediocre and lethargic crowd, matching the team’s intensity. Here’s where we miss AJ, PJ and MarJ. T-Shirt seen in the crowd - “#FreeAJ”

8. No pre-game video apparently this season…

9. We played fabulous defense between the opposing baseline and that FT line. Then the D became problematic.

10. Knight Moves were adorned in their ever-popular short, shimmery gold back-less dresses tonight. And some so-called fashonistas favor The Little Black Dress as “the classic”…

11. How many times did Jeff hit the floor - 12? Is there a school single-game record for that? Gotta get Doug to rule on that one.

12. Keith was frustrated/frustrating tonight. After a fabulous exhibition game, he was stifled by a double-team and poor FT shooting. At least 4 blocks, though.

13. Not the kind of prelude we'd like to see going into Tallahassee 48 hours from now…
This post was edited on 11/12 10:37 PM by Hoops McKnight*

Originally posted by Hoops McKnight*:

8. No pre-game video apparently this season…

An inside source explained the video went "Up In Smoke".

smokin.gif

This made the final cut

Go Knights~~ Very excited to see the balance scorer.

This was unimaginable few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT