ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Fast & Slow - First Home Big 12 Win Space Game Extravaganza Edition

gapman333

Five-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2009
Winter Springs
Most complete game we have played this year. I haven’t seen our defense play that well in a long time, felt great to not just assume they were going to score every time they got the ball. Offense was almost toying with OSU at times and special teams showed up as well with Boomer being perfect and McCarthy back to big legging punts. Everyone gets a FAST, really hard to nitpick a game like this. Even the game thread was 90% positive, not sure I ever saw that before, LOL.

UCF Fast:
  • JRP: I think this was his 2nd best game ever. I still believe Tulane last year on the road was his best game ever but this was really impressive. I have always thought JRP was a special talent but he NEEDS his legs to be truly special and you can see how he is coming along in all facets with this legs back under neath him. He made incredible decisions all night, the free play was really heady. The ball placement on some of the deep balls, the decisions he made on when to run. That 3rd and 15 he converted w/ his legs was back breaking. He rushed for almost 80 yards, threw for 300 and three scores and didn’t take any big shots. Great game by JRP. Happy for him.

• RJ Harvey: He had several runs that it was all him. He just doesn’t go down with first contact. Such a strong runner and a blend of speed and power. Extremely impressive performance. He maybe the hottest RB in the Country right now. Ollie who? 200 yards is huge but I don’t know what happened there at the end. I know they were trying to get him over 200 and they ran the wild knight and he laid down for a while. I know it is cool for him to get the 200 but if he was seriously hurt there that would be been the most UCF thing ever. Really hope that was nothing. Scared me though.

• Lee Hunter: Defensive MVP tonight. Apparently, Barber was out or limited. Hunter was a man possessed. I have said it before that he is the best defensive player we have, he is a guy we will see playing on Sundays. Beast mode tonight. The forced fumble early was massive. Most improved player, defensive MVP, love me some Hunter.

• Baker: My favorite play was the long Harvey run that he easily caught up to Harvey and the DB and got in the way. Great hustle and show off speed. He had some amazing catches as well. I have been screaming to take advantage of the 1 on 1 s with him and Hudson. They can’t double both of them. I have been screaming for weeks to throw it up to them and you see why, either PI, big time catch, opens up running game, very rarely does it result in a int. Keep taking your shots!!!

• Hudson: He only caught three balls but they all went for TDs, how crazy is that stat. LOL. I think he is leading the nation in catch yard avg and clearly only helped that today.
  • Jason Johnson: Lots of ragging on the LBs this year, JJ came to play this week. Really hoping he can build in that. Truthfully he hasn’t been a bad player for us, he just needs to more help from the guys around him and he got it today

• Demari Henderson & Braeden Marshall: They got the three picks picks, and the fumble recovery I believe. Both playing better as the year went on. Future bright with those two. Really the whole secondary played solid tonight.

• Oline: You don’t accidentally run for 300 yards. I also heard Pauole was playing center for first time ever? Lots of mixing up in that line and they played really well.

• Coaches: Whatever they did this week in practice they need to do it again and again and again. Whatever you fed them keep it coming. Both sides of the ball today, offensive play calling was spot on. Only one call I screamed at all night was the attempted double pass. JRP was slinging the ball like a man possessed but instead we decided to let Kobe try to throw it and lost 8 yards but whatever it worked out. Other then that, play calling was on point. Whatever they did differently with defense was huge. Well done Gus and the rest of the coaches to win a game like that.
  • Space Game: I heard the state we are 7-0 in Space Games. I think it is a really cool gimmick and if we win when we do it then it is that much better. I always loved the Citronaut, has to be the most location appropriate mascot ever.

• Fly Over: You all know I am a sucker for fly overs and this was a bad ass one. So cool. Can’t wait till we can afford to have one every week.
UCF Slow:

“Fans” Who Left When it Started Raining:
We still had a great atmosphere and I get there are some people that are elderly, have small children, etc… that it is tough to stay in those elements but as soon as that rain started I swear half the section cleared out. Plenty of able bodied folks running for cover like they don’t live in Florida. That was a big game and it was early. It worked out and we held on but still was a bit frustrating to see so many folks caring more about not getting wet then cheering for and witnessing a big time college football game, especially the students that left. Pretty soft but I guess that is the world these days. At least they didn’t stop the game for hard rain, LOL.

Between the OU and OSU games I think we beyond proved we can play with anyone in this league. I really feel if JRP didn’t get hurt we may have split KU and KSU and we beat Baylor, completely different season. I know we love to play the UCiF game around here. To be fair though JRP aint tackling anyone on defense and the rush defense would have still been a major problem but you can see what our potential is if the defense stops the run and JRP is healthy. This one was huge though, we got a big time signature win over the 15th ranked team, First Home Big 12 win, 100th career win for Gus, kept our Space Game winning streak alive in dominating fashion, defended homefield, sort of stormed the field, kept bowl eligibility in play and let everyone in the Big 12 know we are for real. Go Knights!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News