ADVERTISEMENT

Which four teams would the Big 12 want from the ACC?

UCF was in the AAC for ten years and at the Big 12 one year. During that time UCF has a losing record against P5 and a losing record against the ACC.
With the built in financial and media bias against the G5, anyone with a brain would fully expect a G5 team to have a losing record vs P5 teams.

What scares Bozo Knight shitless (and is why this pathetic loser spends so much time trying to validate Miami on a UCF board) is the fact that UCF has been advancing rapidly and has achieved more success than Miami over the last 11 year, despite all the built in advantages that Miami has. In that time frame, UCF has WON more BCS/NY6 bowl games than Miami has even PLAYED in.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I apologize for this thread unraveling; did not mean to litter your board. Looking forward to our future series.

Just to ad some fun, read an 'insider' (probably knows as much about it as a piece of toast) and he says the SEC is done, at least for a long time. No one adds anything to the SEC so they're done. If so, maybe all ACC is on the table should some be successful in suing, only to get a closed door in their face.

Actually, the ACC has already started weakening itself taking in 2 bad football programs and a team with no accomplishments in this century for free.

If they lose 6 teams and backfill with Wash St, Ore St, and a couple of G5 programs…..they become a G5 league.
The Big 12 lost the only two brand teams it had. It’s a garbage conference.

The Big 12 lost the only two brand teams it had. It’s a garbage conference.
You know that ON3 Top 25 list you were bragging about in the "State of Florida Programs" thread?

It has FIVE B12 teams on it.
The "mighty" ACC...only three. 🤣

Pitt is > Virginia imo. Miami/GT/Louisville are my obvious choices too, but after that it’s either Pitt or NC St, but Pitt just makes so much sense for the obvious WVU / Pitt rivalry. Plus I just think it’s a great destination and way better football/basketball than any of the others.

Reactions: Dream Killer
My choices for teams that would be added to the Big12 from the ACC would be: Virginia Tech, Louisville, Pitt, and Miami. If they can get 6 teams, I'd like to see Georgia Tech and NC State/Duke. I feel one of the teams in that area would be good and I believe that the Big12 may sway the BBall way if they choose a team.

It would be really nice to have a 20 team conference and more schools close by so we aren't playing Mountain Time so often. Not sure if they will do divisions but it would be nice to have 4-5 permanent teams based on location and then 4 teams that shift around. The permanent games would help create rivalries between teams especially when there are so many new teams to the conference.

Can someone explain the love for Virginia Tech? I'm generally curious. For reference sake, I'm in my early 40s and I remember them being great during the Michael Vick years and were always good during coach Beamer's time. I just dont have any recollection of them doing anything of note in the last 20ish years? To me having closer rivals for the east coast teams (Louisville, Pitt, GT, and Miami) would be best.

If any of them are off the table then my next 2 teams would be NC St and Duke. In my mind VT is in the same group as Wake, BC, and Syracuse.

This is all assuming the group (fsu, Clemson, NC, and Virginia) everyone mentions being taken by the b10 and sec aren't available. Am I missing something with Virginia Tech or is all just nostalgia from when they were good?

I only see the Conference picking up one of the two teams in NC. It would either be Duke or NCState. Both would be redundant. I see them leaning more towards Duke for BB and if I'm not mistaken they are AAU. So that would add a tad more "prestige". I see Pitt being a permanent game for WVU, Miami being a permanent game for UCF, and Louisville being a permanent game for Cinci. Each of these teams would add an instant benefit for the conference immediately as it would provide more rivalries. As for other teams in the ACC, I would think the NC market, the VA/DC market and the ATL market would all be beneficial. It would just come down to which one would make the best fit if we only took 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT