ADVERTISEMENT

‘Accountant of Auschwitz’ sentenced to four years in prison for 300,000 deaths

Dmarino110

Diamond Knight
Oct 9, 2001
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ed-to-four-years-in-prison-for-300000-deaths/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/16/world/europe/oskar-groning-auschwitz-nazi.html?_r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Gröning (dont know how much of this is fact but it gives you a little insight)

thoughts? the wiki seems to try and give some info while trying desperately to paint the best picture possible, probably for public sympathy...

i see it as political...if this man was a part of 300k deaths he needs a bullet in his head, not 4 years in jail that he may never see do to the appeals process or going and dying in prison do to age...

It's extraordinarily hard to place the deaths of 300,000 on his shoulders. He kept stock of things taken offf of prisoners in the camp. Thats probably not even really accessory to murder. Robbery? Yes.

The whole stigma of the Holocaust and how ghastly an act it was is the driving force in this trial. It is an attempt at justice where none can be had. He is essentially a scapegoat for the sins of the Nazis.

It's extraordinarily hard to place the deaths of 300,000 on his shoulders. He kept stock of things taken offf of prisoners in the camp. Thats probably not even really accessory to murder. Robbery? Yes.

The whole stigma of the Holocaust and how ghastly an act it was is the driving force in this trial. It is an attempt at justice where none can be had. He is essentially a scapegoat for the sins of the Nazis.

I go to Germany often and it's very clear that they intend to prove how ashamed they are of Nazism up until the last SS soldier or sympathizer dies off. This is probably what's going on here. They know the guy won't actually serve time in jail, being 93, but they had to convict him to remind themselves that they don't condone anything that happened during that period.

I'm sure a lot of Germans probably recognize that this guy was forced into a Nazi uniform and told to keep the books or die. But letting him off without a conviction isn't a possibility for them.

I'm sure a lot of Germans probably recognize that this guy was forced into a Nazi uniform and told to keep the books or die.

Most of the German troops fighting didn't even know about the concentration camps until the Russian and Allied troops pushed them back into Germany. I don't think Rommel even knew about them until after his defeat in Africa and after he got pushed out of France.

I go to Germany often and it's very clear that they intend to prove how ashamed they are of Nazism up until the last SS soldier or sympathizer dies off. This is probably what's going on here. They know the guy won't actually serve time in jail, being 93, but they had to convict him to remind themselves that they don't condone anything that happened during that period.

I'm sure a lot of Germans probably recognize that this guy was forced into a Nazi uniform and told to keep the books or die. But letting him off without a conviction isn't a possibility for them.
based on his wiki, he volunteered for the SS...that being said, if he didnt know what was going on before he got there, its not like he could just leave...they'd have shot him and his family like you said...

Most of the German troops fighting didn't even know about the concentration camps until the Russian and Allied troops pushed them back into Germany. I don't think Rommel even knew about them until after his defeat in Africa and after he got pushed out of France.
Because it was made up by the Zionists so they could steal Palestine after the war, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said so

Yes the European neo-nazis are using the confederate flag. That is also in London, not just Germany.
Actually photos of London showed Confederate Flags, and Palestine flags.

As for the original topic. He is not to blame for all the deaths, but he is also not innocent..
It is extremely hard to forgive, but in forgiving this makes you the bigger, and better person.
Forever they are guilty...
War is hell, i wish we never had to have 1, or any of them.
I will say this, the key is we all unite to never let this happen again..
Sadly our voices have been too silent for the human tragedy in Syria..

As a Jew I can say that this guy is probably not directly guilty but I’m all for any person associated with the death camps being put down like dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
There is scientific proof that shows the vast majority of people would hurt others if required by what they perceive as an authority figure. I forget the name of the experiment but it is proven. The folks thought they were electrical shocking humans when an authority figure said to do it.

The one guy Josef Mengele I wish faced justice. He was the evil doctor that would run experiments on camp prisoners. He lived free and never faced justice.

Reactions: Crazyhole
talk about thread necromancer! 2015, that guy has to be dead by now.

I think a Nazi just recently or is going to trial which is likely the last one ever. They are mostly dead at this point.

Even the youngest survivers are mostly dead at this point.

The accountant of Auschwitz was probably one of last surviving POS Nazi. He was FINALLY convicted and sent to prison, but unfortunately died in I think March of 2018 or 2019 at 96 and never served a minute of his sentence

One of the greatest tragedies of the Holocaust is that most war criminals walked or were never convicted

The accountant of Auschwitz was probably one of last surviving POS Nazi. He was FINALLY convicted and sent to prison, but unfortunately died in I think March of 2018 or 2019 at 96 and never served a minute of his sentence

One of the greatest tragedies of the Holocaust is that most war criminals walked or were never convicted

Hopefully something like this never happens again. What they did was pure evil.

#whiteguilt at it's finest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT