Florida L
Cincinnati W
Iowa State L
BYU W
Arizona W
Arizona St W
West VA W
Utah L

Very possible. I have ISU and WVU as coin flips and I gave an L to ISU and W for WVU
Both games could have interesting weather. In the last few years in mid October in Iowa its been 70s other times 20s in the morning and snowing during the day. Morgantown will probably be in the 40s and potentially lower.

Both games could have interesting weather. In the last few years in mid October in Iowa its been 70s other times 20s in the morning and snowing during the day. Morgantown will probably be in the 40s and potentially lower.
God I hope not, was thinking of visiting Morgantown

Not much different IMO than a GOL offense with a rpo….pretty basic, don’t understand how Gus used to be considered an offensive genius when George ran a similar thing….didn’t Bortles run for near 100 yards vs Baylor?

What we need is a GOL on defense…..after Kruz, who I don’t think knew we were supposed to have a defense, watching us stuff teams at the line and rush the QB was sweet.

I dont like that no one is pushing back on the predicted loss to florida.
Pushing back on what? UF has the better football team and they are playing at home. You are not very familiar with Gus Malzone are you?

Gus Malzone has NEVER, EVER been able to pull a big road win. He went 0-12 as a HC at Auburn vs rivals on the road. 1-4 vs P5 teams on the road last year. The only “P5” team UCF beat on the road last year was a pathetic UC team (28-26).

Last edited:
I'm with the 8-9 this year ... although it depends on our defense.

New Hampshire W
Sam Houston W
TCU W
Colorado W
Florida W
Cincinnati W
Iowa State L
BYU W
Arizona L
Arizona St W
West VA W
Utah L

I dont like that no one is pushing back on the predicted loss to florida.
I’ve got a couple of factors in favor of Florida at the current moment.

1. They have a bye before us.

2. Florida will be more battle tested having played: Miami, Miss St, and Tamu.

3. Our toughest opponents will have been TCU and Colorado.

4. Florida has to win this game. Napier may very well be fired if they lose again to UCF.

I think UCF has a good shot, I’d give UCF 30% chance to win, but I think there are a lot of factors in favor of Florida. But these could change by game time if Florida is say 1-3 or 2-2, I think team morale would be very low for them because they will not make a bowl if they lose 2 in their first 4 given the upcoming difficulty of their schedule

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1

4. Florida has to win this game. Napier may very well be fired if they lose again to UCF.

I think UCF has a good shot, I’d give UCF 30% chance to win, but I think there are a lot of factors in favor of Florida. But these could change by game time if Florida is say 1-3 or 2-2, I think team morale would be very low for them because they will not make a bowl if they lose 2 in their first 4 given the upcoming difficulty of their schedule
I'd go 20%, but agree with every point.

Reactions: PhDee
9-3 for my man “3 loss Gus”. Losses @ TCU, @ Iowa St, and @ ASU (tough to travel that far and win). I think we’ll win at UF and Napier will be fired, and sweep the home games.

On paper we plugged holes, but until we're given proof we can stop the run at all or have a somewhat stout defense I think 8 wins is the absolute max, but likely 7 wins. Same with the QB position, if KJ can't stay healthy things will sink no matter how good anyone thinks the backup is.

Reactions: PositYourself
On paper we plugged holes, but until we're given proof we can stop the run at all or have a somewhat stout defense I think 8 wins is the absolute max, but likely 7 wins. Same with the QB position, if KJ can't stay healthy things will sink no matter how good anyone thinks the backup is.
No. 1, KJ has never missed a start.

No. 2, Nobody in the Big Pac-12 runs the football.

Big/Pac 12? You are lobo lol did the big 12 not have the best RB’s in the country?!? Fake news you are a fraud
Frustrated Skip Bayless GIF

I was replying to a post about UCF and stopping the run, so I will clarify my comments:

Nobody in the Big Pac-12 on UCF's 2024 schedule runs the football (i.e., "stopping the run" is not going to be the issue).

The Knights will not face Oklahoma State (Ollie Gordon II), Kansas (Devan Neal), Texas Tech (Tahj Brooks), Kansas State (DJ Giddens), etc., unless UCF reaches the Big Pac-12 Championship Game.

Cincinnati RB Corey Kiner and Arizona's Jacory Croskey-Merritt, a New Mexico transfer, are the only two 1,000-yard rushers from 2023 the Knights are scheduled to face.

To take a step further, (I already crunched the numbers) if EVERY 2024 UCF opponent rushed for its 2023 per game average, including the FCS program, against UCF, the Knights would still finish with the 44th-best rushing defense in the nation, per the 2023 final statistical rankings.

Again, "stopping the run" will not be a problem in 2024. Holding opponents under 350-500 passing yards per game, now that is going to be a problem!

UCF does face 4 of the top 5 quarterbacks, including the top 3, in the Big 12 and five of the nation's top 50 passing offenses.

(Why do you think UCF signed 8 transfer defensive backs and five high schoolers?)

Last edited:
Reactions: tjb74

UF is at home and Gus Malzahn has NEVER won a big road game in his life. You forgot about that one.

Frustrated Skip Bayless GIF

I was replying to a post about UCF and stopping the run, so I will clarify my comments:

Nobody in the Big Pac-12 on UCF's 2024 schedule runs the football (i.e., "stopping the run" is not going to be the issue).

The Knights will not face Oklahoma State (Ollie Gordon II), Kansas (Devan Neal), Texas Tech (Tahj Brooks), Kansas State (DJ Giddens), etc., unless UCF reaches the Big Pac-12 Championship Game.

Cincinnati RB Corey Kiner and Arizona's Jacory Croskey-Merritt, a New Mexico transfer, are the only two 1,000-yard rushers from 2023 the Knights are scheduled to face.

To take a step further, (I already crunched the numbers) if EVERY 2024 UCF opponent rushed for its 2023 per game average, including the FCS program, against UCF, the Knights would still finish with the 44th-best rushing defense in the nation, per the 2023 final statistical rankings.

Again, "stopping the run" will not be a problem in 2024. Holding opponents under 350-500 passing yards per game, now that is going to be a problem!

UCF does face 4 of the top 5 quarterbacks, including the top 3, in the Big 12 and five of the nation's top 50 passing offenses.

(Why do you think UCF signed 8 transfer defensive backs and five high schoolers?)
Lol. This guy is too dumb. He thinks the signing of 5 high school DBs is due to the 2024 schedule. What do you think any of the high school DBs are going to do their first year?

Anyways…Martinez is gone and Damari Henderson is out for the year. I am sure those high school DBs will save Malzone in 2024.

Did you just post a bunch of neutral site games and a road game at Kansas State from 10 years ago?

I figured Malzahn has some road wins that are actually big road wins in 10+ year career.
Focused on Gus's Big Pac-12 wins away from Jordan-Hare.

Missouri, K-State, Oregon, and Washington were all big wins on the road.

Should have included Gus's wins at Texas A&M because A&M was Big 12 for a while as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT