ADVERTISEMENT

10,000th Post

Knightbengal

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Good Morning Everyone,

As the thread title says, this is my 10,000th post and instead of spending it on some random qb post I wanted to take a quick moment and share some things about the community that we all call home and share my appreciation for all of you.

I slowed down my post count when we started doing the radio show in part to save my opinions for the media that we put out there that I hope you all enjoy. (That’s the only reason we do this). That doesn’t mean I don’t have them. When you are producing any kind of media there is a higher standard of what’s ok to put out there. Please remember that when you consume sports content. It’s a hard balance.

Thank you to @Brandon for following his passion and providing a great forum, a space for program info, and a place for us to grow together with the program. He has made a lot of sacrifices to do it and although he enjoys what he does, it is a lot of work with disproportionate income. Contrary to what some people say, he is 100% a professional and balances what he knows with protecting the relationships we all benefit from. He 100% cares, not only about the content, but also about the people here. Personally I love it when he breaks into troll mode, but he has to sacrifice his fandom for this place. He is very witty and just a great person. Thank you.

The community here is also made up of great people that have a real passion for our team. It has grown with UCFs prominence and it’s highs and lows. It is chalk full of very knowledgeable people from all walks of life. I have met many of you and every time I have ever needed anything, there has never been a shortage of people willing to step up and lend a hand. Whether it’s getting specialty Disney pins, obtaining parking passes, or connecting with my life coach, I have made many friends and am very thankful for everyone’s kindness and generosity for someone who was a random screen name before we met.

Please try to remember that when you post here, whether you are a seasoned veteran poster or someone new. This community has grown asymptotically with every leap that UCF has made. As more people are added, the culture changes. However, it is up to us to maintain that close knit feel and the “unofficial” rules in order to keep this place what it has been while accepting that it will change. Remember that the next time you feel the urge to meet someone at Pollo.

There comes a point in your life when you realize that the younger folks you interact with don’t get your references anymore 😂. The program is maturing enough that I see this happening in our community. Heck, I am a millennial, and we have gotten to the point where we are being looked at as the older guys. That means we are stratifying as a fanbase. My advice, everyone have some patience as each group has had a different “UCF” experience and will have a different outlook and expectations regarding the program. Not everyone is right and the tapestry of shared experiences is woven by sharing them. For those of us who have been around a while, make sure to share them. We have the ability to document the nuances and history in a way that 100+ year old programs don’t.

Lastly, thank you to everyone that has and will help me with something, share moments with myself and my kids (like meeting up with @dali drama, @My_Lament_Dreams, @noleknight, etc), etc. Participate in Events that you can (luncheons etc), give what you can, share your opinions, try not to make/take things personal, and keep supporting eachother. Remember that all of the leaders of the program are not lifers (with a few exceptions like Eric Desalvo). That means there will be change and it’s ok to criticize respectfully. Thank you to everyone, have a beer, and enjoy the memories as we build the future and the storytelling together.

To those in our community that have passed on (this will become more frequent with time) I hope that we continue to remember them. When that time comes for me, I hope that you remember me fondly and that you found some value in my being part of this community. I do think it’s time we start a memorial thread.

Cheers

(PS, thank you for the support and criticism of the content that I help produce and even if you don’t agree, we only do it for our collective enjoyment)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News