ADVERTISEMENT

$15hr minimum would start the rise of the machines

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
http://arstechnica.com/business/201...inimum-wage-will-unleash-the-robot-rebellion/
rise-of-the-machines.jpg

Not a single person in the WC even saw what he just said coming.*

Reactions: jetsaholic
Someone define a "living" wage? Should the bare minimum be a "survivable" wage?

There should be no minimum wage. and if there is there should be a Teen minimum that is less than the normal minimum.

Where do commission people get bumped to? I should get $15 an hour when I sell nothing but commission on big jobs.

Living in New York I can tell you for a fact that my 17 year old son cant get a job and neither of his friends. Not many employers want to pay $10 an hour knowing they will have to increase that $10 a $1 an hour each year for the next five years. The independent grocery store near us let all seven high school part time employees to three months ago. Liberals are clueless.

How about $10 per hour.

How about this gets left entirely to states to decide? It's completely asinine to shove a Federal min wage down everyone's throats so that a business in rural New Mexico has to pay the same min wage as a business in Manhattan.

Just Google any recent city or state that has passed $15 min wages and read about the countless small businesses that are having to decide between firing half of their staff or keeping them and eroding most all of their margins.

Reactions: jetsaholic
How about this gets left entirely to states to decide? It's completely asinine to shove a Federal min wage down everyone's throats so that a business in rural New Mexico has to pay the same min wage as a business in Manhattan.

Just Google any recent city or state that has passed $15 min wages and read about the countless small businesses that are having to decide between firing half of their staff or keeping them and eroding most all of their margins.
I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

Your first mistake is thinking businesses should make a profit. They're in business to provide jobs, not make the owners rich.

It's happening anyway, with our without a 15 dollar minimum wage.

Sure, but mandating $15 will greatly expedite the process and kill thousands of jobs. There are plenty of jobs that are being done right now below $15 an hour where actual human labor makes the most sense. Going to $15 only makes that investment into a machine or robot more feasible and likely.

And you support the politicians pushing for that $15

The economy in its current form won't exist in 15 years anyway, so bring on the robots. We'll be trading on public ledger and relying on community support to thrive. I feel for those making plans to retire in the traditional system who don't yet understand that what remains of the old economy is really just a result of fed policy propping.

Things will change, either by crashing down and causing hardship or by having smart leaders that can ease us through the transition.

The economy in its current form won't exist in 15 years anyway, so bring on the robots. We'll be trading on public ledger and relying on community support to thrive. I feel for those making plans to retire in the traditional system who don't yet understand that what remains of the old economy is really just a result of fed policy propping.

Things will change, either by crashing down and causing hardship or by having smart leaders that can ease us through the transition.

You need to stop reading whatever faux intellectual left wing publications you subscribe to.

Just cuz you don't like it don't mean I'm wrong.

Dump yo intangibles because their value has no basis in fundamentals whatsoever. The entire old economy is living on life support. Embrace the future maaan.

Just cuz you don't like it don't mean I'm wrong.

Dump yo intangibles because their value has no basis in fundamentals whatsoever. The entire old economy is living on life support. Embrace the future maaan.
High as a kite.

Next thing he's gonna say is that Dubai was LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT