ADVERTISEMENT

2002 Syracuse game

Willie Knightime

Bronze Knight
Aug 8, 2009
Who else is old enough to remember that one? We hosted them at the Citrus Bowl and if I'm not mistaken, we jumped out on top of them 21-3 or close to it. They came back and won. Just thought about it while thinking about last night's loss.

Last edited:
It was my first UCF game. Didn’t the late Walter Reyes run all over us? He was probably the most forgotten UCF killer

Correct, back then it was a lack of depth. We were easily worn down at the end. Sort of like last night.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
I was there. Heck I have been. to UCF games dating back to 1982 or so when I was a kid.. It's games like these that have given me and many others for that matter that old UCF feeling. You know the we almost won it,or we should have won it or yep,we yank defeat from the jaws of victory. it took me until 2017 to lose that for this program. Now it's creeping back in. had a lot of disappointment being a Knight over the years.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
I was there. Heck I have been. to UCF games dating back to 1982 or so when I was a kid.. It's games like these that have given me and many others for that matter that old UCF feeling. You know the we almost won it,or we should have won it or yep,we yank defeat from the jaws of victory. it took me until 2017 to lose that for this program. Now it's creeping back in. had a lot of disappointment being a Knight over the years.
I don’t want that feeling back again.

Don't let it back in lol. For me I'd say it was 2010 into 2011 when I started te feel we were over that hump. We beat Georgia to close out 2010 and then we stomped Boston College early 2011.

Yes. Thanks for the bad memories. Their power running game took over in the 2nd half and wore us down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT