ADVERTISEMENT

2013 Fiesta Bowl team to be honored at Baylor game?

KnightMatt8

Silver Knight
May 29, 2001
I just want to confirm if this is true? Will the 2013 Fiesta Bowl team be honored at the Baylor game? The reason I ask is that I talked to a Baylor fan who told me this, and he took it as a slap in the face. If it's true that Blake Bortles and company are being honored, I don't think it's about insulting Baylor, but rather it's more about pumping up our home crowd. Anyway, getting back to my question, is this true?

Go to the last post from the 365 Sports thread below. You'll see a link to Brandon's interview with them yesterday and I believe he said they would be honored...but I was half paying attention, so you'll have to listen and confirm for us ;)
I just want to confirm if this is true? Will the 2013 Fiesta Bowl team be honored at the Baylor game? The reason I ask is that I talked to a Baylor fan who told me this, and he took it as a slap in the face. If it's true that Blake Bortles and company are being honored, I don't think it's about insulting Baylor, but rather it's more about pumping up our home crowd. Anyway, getting back to my question, is this true?

Sounds like a good way to motivate Baylor to come out fighting.

Also, this shirt still exists and might arrive in time for the game…

Did I hear this is another white out where the opposition team is wearing white? Also, looking like potential rain.

If so, that would be a "d-ck move" in my opinion. Don't give your opponent motivation. Act like you've been there before.
I agree. We catch the last life raft off G5 Island and then piss on the shoes of a school that accepted us? That makes no damn sense. We are pricks if we do that.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If so, that would be a "d-ck move" in my opinion. Don't give your opponent motivation. Act like you've been there before.
our social media team didn’t get the memo by posting the entire fiesta bowl on X

we gotta chill w the happy to be here stuff . We need Ws

Because Baylor had no idea that we've played them before and they never were close. Motivation--- give me a break. You really think the team hasn't been hearing about that this entire week from every Baylor coach? So OK, let's not do it and instead use it as a charity game for rape survivors. That's a real slap in the face, not some decade old game that no one currently there has any connection to.

Reactions: U C to the F
I see 0 problem with this. That season and that win completely changed the trajectory of this program. I love this and if Baylor doesn't like it too and wants to be mad about it then so be it. We don't need to not do something because it might offend a few people. It's our first home game in the B12 conference, it's okay to celebrate and more than that celebrate the people and team that had something to do with us FINALLY being on this stage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT