ADVERTISEMENT

***2017 UCF Stadium Upgrades & Ticket Information***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
On Monday, I had the opportunity to meet with Scott Carr and Andy Seeley in order to go over "The Rise and Conquer Initiative" which details the ongoing facility improvements and the need for additional revenue to remain competitive nationally.

UCF had initially planned to drop the full release online on Wednesday, but the magazine-style brochure was being mailed to season ticket holders on Monday. I figured some might receive them today, which is why UCF is now pushing everything online.

If you had the brochure in hand or perhaps perused the website ahead of time, things are a little more clear regarding the changes and why UCF is implementing them.

The website is here:

https://www.weriseandconquer.com/

I'm going to go through my brochure page by page and highlight some of the details.

A couple pages in is "The Plan" which shows the ongoing facility upgrades. New admin/football offices. Nutrition Center. Student-athlete lounge. Baseball stadium. Softball improvements. Basketball practice facility enhancements.

The football/admin building, nutrition center and baseball upgrades seem to be the ones that will be fast tracked due to having some or all of the needed pledges already in hand. I will go into more detail on another day as what people what to know right now is the changes to the stadium and ticketing for 2017, but UCF wanted to make it very clear for why some of these changes were necessary.

NEW-STADIUM-RENDERING-2.jpg

"The Enhancements" pages detail all the stadium changes. As you've probably already seen, it's quite significant.

Simply put, most sideline seats, both west and east side, are now considered "club."

On the west side, 108-112 and 209-11 are being rolled into what now is being called "Stadium Club." The name may change. During the offseason, The bench-backs will be removed and replaced with individual chairbacks with cup holders. There will be a ground-level club within the existing concourse that will only be accessible to those with club seats. That does create a big change as no longer will everybody be able to walk the 360-degree perimeter of the concourse. There are a couple renderings included for how this new club may appear. It won't have the same tropical motif as the Cabana, but they do plan to incorporate things like the "Big Fans," etc. to make it more comfortable. There will be premium food and drink offerings as well.

ConcourseClub_12-14-2016-1024x576.jpeg

ConcourseClubEntry_12-14-2016-e1485136357605-1024x576.jpeg

In ALL club seats, east and west, alcohol will be sold and you may consume it at your seat. The club areas will be separated from other sections with a partition.

The Carl Black & Gold Cabana is going to see a major expansion. Pretty much the entire prime east sideline (127-131) will be folded into the Cabana. Yes, that's potentially a lot more people, but UCF will construct a secondary ground-level club on the east side. It won't be quite as extensive to block the walkways like the west side, but patrons will have two options for concessions. I will address prices further in a minute, but the Cabana price significantly drops, from $900 to $500. However, there will not be comped food like there was this past season.

The on-field Cabanas in the south end zone have already sold out, so they are being added to the north end zone as well. The existing stadium operations office and cheerleader locker room will be configured to be mini lounges for those patrons. The renderings are not perfect. The current on-field cabana is being designed as we speak and I'm told will NOT obstruct views like the prototypes did this past season.

The student sections are being completely overhauled. The students will now occupy BOTH the south and north end zones, plus they'll have the upper north end zone available as well. This will not decrease the student capacity of approximately 12,000, but what it does is create atmosphere on both sides and may help to keep more students engaged since the majority will be closer to the field. Few schools have two student sections in opposite end zones, but I'm told Arizona State is one of them.

If you had season tickets in the north end zone, you will need to move as the entire north end zone, both levels, plus the south end zone lower level is now the student section.

As we continue going through the brochure, there is section titled "The Why" which breaks UCF's budget vs. other Power Six schools and then against other AAC schools. It also shows where UCF falls in the league as far as donations, etc. Building on what Danny White brought up at last year's signing day event, a school-by-school comparison is made between UCF and Kansas State, showing that UCF's student fees basically make up for the lack of a big TV contract, but UCF falls short big time in ticket revenue and donations.

Now the brochure goes into more detail about the pricing structure. There is a page illustrating demand, which shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. The west side has always been in high demand.

There is another seating chart showing how much tickets are going up - or down - per game in 2017. The figures were calculated using a three-game season ticket per account average (I'm told the average season ticket account has actually 3.1 tickets).

The next page details the pricing. No longer will there be a static donation level required in order to buy up to four tickets. The donation and ticket price is rolled into one price. This may be a cost savings for those who donate and buy only two tickets, but likely an increase if you buy the maximum of four.

2017-Season-Ticket-Pricing2.jpg

The accompanying chart, which I know was already posted, illustrates the total cost with a breakdown of how much is ticket cost and how much is GKC donation.

There is also a graph that compares the cost, using the 3-ticket per account average, to 2009 when there were also seven home games.

pricing-graph2.png

Cabana price has gone down significantly, from $900 to $500.

There are still $99 season ticket packages (upper corner) and $120 packages (upper end zone with view of scoreboard plus lower goal line).

On the next page shows future schedules. The Citrus Bowl game in 2017 is NOT HAPPENING. There's a quote by Danny White in the sidebar that basically says they hope to host seven games every year when possible and always host at least one Power Six team per year.

Parking is also a change. Passes are available in the various lots based on your GKC annual gift. If you are short of the threshold with your ticket order, you can make up the difference to receive the desired parking pass.

2017-Parking3.jpg

Single game ticket prices have gone up substantially because UCF wants people to purchase season tickets. The lowest get-in price is now $45 for upper south end zone and corners. Other sections are $50, $55, $60 and the Cabana is $100 per game.

2017-UCFFB-Single-Game-Pricing-Chart3-1024x614.jpg

The deadline is March 1 because UCF will need additional time to handle location changes, etc.

Lots of changes going on. I foresee a lot of people moving around and away from people they've been sitting near for years. Hopefully there's a price point for everyone and this is a positive change for the program.

so if you buy a chairback seat you have access to :beer: ? I guess that's better than before but not sure why they are so hesitant to just open the floodgates and sell it to the entire stadium.

Reactions: KnightLife1
This is fantastic. I love the fact that we are moving some of the student section. It will definitely help the atmosphere in the whole stadium. Additionally, I like that we have done away with the huge visitor sections that were basically pointless wastes of space. The huge range of season ticket price availability is huge.

Sorry i don't like this move. One reason is this affects me yet again. So now my section is $500 (way to much for me). I have had tickets for 10 years and they seem to just get more and more each year. Idk we already have attendance issue's and now we expect to see people drop $500 on a ticket in multiple sections? My area 132 was a good seat but by all means not a $500 seat. The cabana looked like crap on TV mainly because it was empty. I like they are trying but they are completely over pricing those areas. I probably will not renew rather scalp $20 tickets outside the stadium and sit where ever in the common folk area. I do agree with the visitors sections though.

Reactions: Knight Badger 80
Sorry i don't like this move. One reason is this affects me yet again. So now my section is $500 (way to much for me). I have had tickets for 10 years and they seem to just get more and more each year. Idk we already have attendance issue's and now we expect to see people drop $500 on a ticket in multiple sections? My area 132 was a good seat but by all means not a $500 seat. The cabana looked like crap on TV mainly because it was empty. I like they are trying but they are completely over pricing those areas. I probably will not renew rather scalp $20 tickets outside the stadium and sit where ever in the common folk area.

You won't get beer though.

Reactions: UCFhonors
This is the worst news about UCF Athletics that I have ever received. It now looks like I'm going to have to give up my front row seats in 131 and my garage F parking pass. Thanks for nothing Danny White. After 31 years of supporting UCF football, I'm probably going to be done. Good luck everyone. If anybody starts a protest campaign, let me know.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
This is the worst news about UCF Athletics that I have ever received. It now looks like I'm going to have to give up my front row seats in 131 and my garage F parking pass. Thanks for nothing Danny White. After 31 years of supporting UCF football, I'm probably going to be done. Good luck everyone. If anybody starts a protest campaign, let me know.
Why? You are in the club now! Beer. Seatbacks. Private restrooms. Better food options.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Biggest hit will be ppl with 6-10 tickets on west side that bring a bunch of kids. Likely drop kids or bring everyone to the upper corners. Hope there is enough new blood to backfill.....but another kick in the crotch for longtime donors.

Someone high up (maybe Hitt) has been obsessed with per seat donations for awhile. Just a matter of when.

Kid is free for now. Not sure what we'll do when the time comes to pay. Don't think it will be $800 for a 3 year old though.

I guess you would say UCF is going down swinging. Hoping for a knockout to get back.

Other option is die on the vine.

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
Brandon,

There are some sections on the edge of the clubs with lines that go perpendicular and don't follow the aisle. Are they splitting a small wedge out of those sections? If so, I might have my current seats split with some in and others just out.

My group of about 14 has sat in the top row of Section 116 for years. If you look at their metrics on the new site this is one of the most popular sections (based on the dark black shading). I would guess because the price was still end zone pricing but you were mostly in shade and closer to sidelines. Regardless of the price I actually prefer corner seats and especially the top row so we could stand the entire game and not bother anyone. If they increased prices in this section to sideline prices I would still sit there. We sat in the same type of corner seats in the Citrus Bowl as Freshman/Sophmores, again at Brighthouse when we were still students in the sw corner, and now as alumni in the nw corner. Now those seats are going to students and the administration will tell us to move to the only sections that will have enough room to accommodate such a large group, which I'm assuming will be the east side (where sun is in your face the entire game) or move to the upper bowl. If anyone has ever walked into the game about 30 minutes before kickoff between the student union and tailgating lots you'll see 1,000s of students walking away from the stadium. Last year we asked several why they weren't going into the game and got responses like "I'm here to drink" or "UCF football sucks, we never win". Overall, I'm in favor of switching things up for atmosphere but why would administration take section 116, which was full of season ticket holders and try to move all of them. Just put students in end zone and dont interfere with popular corner seats.

Students might go to drink but no student is dropping $500 on season tickets just for beer. section 132 is a good section but I am not paying $500 for it. Cabana, from the appearance on tv, looked like a flop and now we expand it. They are over pricing the product especially when you already have attendance issues.

Is there a section that includes food?

Original West Side Roth Tower Club still includes all the food you can eat, plus able to purchase beer/wine...and of course is the only Club with Air Conditioning.

The new Field Cabanas in each end zone will provide all the food AND beer you would like...(hence why South End Zone sold out so quickly, now North End Zone Field Cabanas are for sale...approx $18,000 for 12 tix per game for 7 games).

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Students might go to drink but no student is dropping $500 on season tickets just for beer. section 132 is a good section but I am not paying $500 for it. Cabana, from the appearance on tv, looked like a flop and now we expand it. They are over pricing the product especially when you already have attendance issues.

People were in the cabana or along the railing because those were better seats than they had. It appears that they've extended the railing

Old set of 4 tickets in section 127 = $1165....new price is $2000. So for $845 bucks I get to buy beer/food, or pay $845 for 6 BBQ sandwiches and some beers......epic FAIL. Our whole slew of like 20 people are either moving to another section, or reducing the number of seats we have. Several of us have extra seats and bring people that aren't typical UCF fans to games. I've even got two people to become season ticket holders because they like it so much. If I didn't have the extra tickets that would have never happened. This is going to blow up in their face. You can't jack the stuff up 42% and not expect to lose a large chunk of your customers. The only other option is moving down to 2 tickets, which means two more people have to buy tickets just to get the same revenue I was giving them, and I can no longer bring people to games who might not normally attend (and especially now that they jacked the single game prices up).

Last edited:
Old set of 4 tickets in section 127 = $1165....new price is $2000. So for $845 bucks I get to buy beer/food, or pay $845 for 6 BBQ sandwiches and some beers......epic FAIL. Our whole slew of like 20 people are either moving to another section, or reducing the number of seats we have. Several of us have extra seats and bring people that aren't typical UCF fans to games. I've even got two people to become season ticket holders because they like it so much. If I didn't have the extra tickets that would have never happened. This is going to blow up in their face. You can't jack the stuff up 58% and not expect to lose a large chunk of your customers. The only other option is moving down to 2 tickets, which means two more people have to buy tickets just to get the same revenue I was giving them, and I can no longer bring people to games who might not normally attend (and especially now that they jacked the single game prices up).

Hey..but tix/donation prices have only gone up 6% since 2007* (Sure...count sections that never sold...but for most...donation levels/parking requirements have gone up a TON since 2007)

annual-expenditures2.png

I think Danny White is going to hit companies around town for packages. And if the team wins more games next year and attendance stagnates or even declines then I guess we can't complain if UCF gets stuck as the largest G5 University for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Flem3000
The Big12 fiasco probably helped guide this action. Danny got to evaluate all the strengths and weaknesses while trying to pitch it to a P5 conference. Increasing the revenue/budget to make UCF stand out among G5 schools is obviously paramount. Hope this works. If football goes on a run it just might.

I am not super-thrilled with the price increase. My tickets are being absorbed into the cabana club. I will drop 2 of my 6 tickets and end up paying about the same as last year. I am really annoyed with the parking. I was hoping that 4 tickets in cabana would get you softball lot but apparently not. They insist on telling everyone that it is sold out but it is like a ghost town there every game. They should just combine softball and E5 and lower the pricing requirement to E5 levels.

Picture of "full" softball lot against Tulane. Granted we got there at 11 for a 5 oclock game but the lot opened at 8AM.

Last edited:
Old set of 4 tickets in section 127 = $1165....new price is $2000. So for $845 bucks I get to buy beer/food, or pay $845 for 6 BBQ sandwiches and some beers......epic FAIL. Our whole slew of like 20 people are either moving to another section, or reducing the number of seats we have. Several of us have extra seats and bring people that aren't typical UCF fans to games. I've even got two people to become season ticket holders because they like it so much. If I didn't have the extra tickets that would have never happened. This is going to blow up in their face. You can't jack the stuff up 58% and not expect to lose a large chunk of your customers. The only other option is moving down to 2 tickets, which means two more people have to buy tickets just to get the same revenue I was giving them, and I can no longer bring people to games who might not normally attend (and especially now that they jacked the single game prices up).

Where are you going to buy those 6 BBQ sandwiches and some beers?

I support the changes. I'll pay whatever. My North end zones are now student section. I'm not crying, I can move and spend a little more. UCF football has been cheap entertainment for so long. A price rise ain't no big deal and is needed. Go Knights!

If you like end zone seats, you can now switch to the upper deck of the South End Zone (old student section). This allows you to view the big scoreboard.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Anybody notice the ribbon LED screen on top of the south endzone in the rendering? Looks like we're getting rid of the old tiny scoreboard on that side which I am all for. Was it already known that this was the plan?

Anybody notice the ribbon LED screen on top of the south endzone in the rendering? Looks like we're getting rid of the old tiny scoreboard on that side which I am all for. Was it already known that this was the plan?

Yes. It was supposed to be done last year at the same time as the large scoreboard upgrade, but there were engineering issues that delayed it till this year.

Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
Sorry, but just because people have been underpaying for prime seats for years doesn't mean UCF can afford to subsidize your entertainment forever. UCF needs to increase their revenue and there are people who want to move up to better seating and cannot because the west side is full and there is no room.

Look...my increase is 347%...that's a larger percentage increase than anyone else I have seen post. I had four tickets in a little pie shaped section of 212 (approximately 20 yard line) that is now part of a premium club section. My total cost last year was $1,210. My cost for the same four seats this year would be $4,200.

But I understand UCF needs to do it and I will find seats that I like that are within my budget. We all want a big time, successful athletics program. Well, this is what it takes.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Sorry, but just because people have been underpaying for prime seats for years doesn't mean UCF can afford to subsidize your entertainment forever. UCF needs to increase their revenue and there are people who want to move up to better seating and cannot because the west side is full and there is no room.

Look...my increase is 347%...that's a larger percentage increase than anyone else I have seen post. I had four tickets in a little pie shaped section of 212 (approximately 20 yard line) that is now part of a premium club section. My total cost last year was $1,210. My cost for the same four seats this year would be $4,200.

But I understand UCF needs to do it and I will find seats that I like that are within my budget. We all want a big time, successful athletics program. Well, this is what it takes.

I think this is where a lot of people fall. There are seats for every budget, but they likely aren't going to be as good as what you used to have. In addition, people who have been in those seats for a long time develop a sentimental attachment to them and the people around them. You'll no longer be sitting in the same seats you were when Bortles hit Perriman on the pump and go to put us over the top in our first win over USF on the way to the Fiesta Bowl, etc. I can see why it's upsetting for the displaced but also why it's what's best for the program.

They've basically eliminated everything between the 20's for most normal people (with regards to disposable income) and the rest of the ham-and-eggers will just have to view the team from afar.

Good job. Way to build your fan base!

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT