ADVERTISEMENT

***2017 UCF Stadium Upgrades & Ticket Information***

I'm done buying the C lot. They route me through research park to leave and it takes forever to get out of that garage. $150 is a bit much for that garage that isn't a benefit at all. Especially if you're going the wrong direction of your house.
C1 lot no longer exists and the garage is a death trap! I almost ran out of gas once and another time my bladder almost ruptured.

Correct...you somehow have to get to the minimum to park there.

Also, I think DW miscalculated greatly last year when he thought UCF would sell thousands and thousands and thousands of new season tix because of his hire of a young and unproven (but bright future) Head Coach.

DW obviously doesn't have much of a realistic plan to increase season tix sales by 10,000 or so...so the only way to increase revenue is to squeeze the few that do purchase them.

Having a Club or two (or 3) in a stadium is fine...as some folks will pay extra to purchase alcohol, etc...but for many, that is not needed.

Now...basically all sideline seats on the West Side are now in a CLUB (even without air conditioning, food or even a free Coca-Cola) and much of the East Side is too (much lower rate because of the sun/heat).

DW also made seats on the 20-25 yd line the same price as those on the 40-45 with a huge donation increase...which doesn't make sense at all.
My only complaint about UCF football (outside of GOL) is/was that I couldn't have a beer at the game. I prefer UCF games to Magic/City games because of the cost but I like my beer.
The club section is open 2 hours before the game and 2 hours(I think) after the game so I can stay and wait for the traffic to die down. UCF football is by far the easiest sporting event to get in and out of.

Reactions: KnightLife1
For those worried about drinking, will the club section have people walking around with crates of ice and beer saying "beer here"? I would think you'd have to walk down and buy them which should help with the potential lazy drunks

I get the reasons 1) it is ghetto to charge thousands of dollars and sit on a metal bench -solved. 2) adding beer was a former complaint on this board - solved. 3) increasing revenue - hopefully solved. 4) adding hospitality tents on the field for more $$$ - solved and people want them 5) stadium will look nicer - solved

Downside 1) There will be drunks. 2) expensive 3) bringing kids around drunks

I'm sure it will be fine. We need to get the stadium looking better. I still want the chain link fence gone too. This is a nice 1st step though. Anyone can still buy cheap tickets and park for free or at the church for $20. Just move around to a better seat after the game starts.

It sounds like they did some review and found that there was demand for more premium seating at the stadium and that people were willing to pay for it. This is the way all the professional sports have gone. Ticket sales to the masses does not get enough profit. Sell fewer high dollar tickets and get more money. There will be some fallout from people who bought many tickets, but the ability to buy that many season tickets for a football program is unusual.

so this new Nutrition Center

is it something that has been in the works for awhile or was it something that Frost wanted added?

so this new Nutrition Center

is it something that has been in the works for awhile or was it something that Frost wanted added?
Yes, There was no talk of nutrition in the program prior to Frost, so there must be a correlation. I guess they needed a special place to prepare, serve and consume heathy meals or whatever it will be used for. That's where your increase ticket prices are going.

Couldn't you see how nutrition helped us last year? The defense never tired out at the end of games and finished the season strong and energetic

Yes, There was no talk of nutrition in the program prior to Frost, so there must be a correlation. I guess they needed a special place to prepare, serve and consume heathy meals or whatever it will be used for. That's where your increase ticket prices are going.

Couldn't you see how nutrition helped us last year? The defense never tired out at the end of games and finished the season strong and energetic
Nice. I'm assuming he's replicating a lot of things Chip Kelly set up when he got to Oregon.

Yes! I remembered this! They looked especially fast in the 4th quarter in Houston.

Reactions: Mikesi
For those worried about drinking, will the club section have people walking around with crates of ice and beer saying "beer here"? I would think you'd have to walk down and buy them which should help with the potential lazy drunks

You have to go get it. I didn't mind, there were some cuties serving.

Reactions: Mikesi
Yes! I remembered this! They looked especially fast in the 4th quarter in Houston.
Yes! It was all those power salads spiked with granola bars. They make 275 lb defensive linemen fly all over the field like a DB.

Also, NCAA changed the rules on nutrition for athletes (i.e. use to have to clarify what is a meal and what is not a meal...etc...but now athletes can have nutrition basically 24/7 if they want...hence all the protein/smoothie bars being built in P5 programs, new cafeterias (like Oregon Football got), etc...UF is building a brand new nutrition center/cafeteria for all of their athletes.

These are all very good and valid points. I currently have 4 tickets in Sec 111. With these price increases, my tickets now go up to $3,200, which breaks down to a little over $114.00/game in a 7 home game season. I rarely drink; and my belly is plenty full after our tailgate parties. So food and beer aren't very enticing to me. And since I stand for the majority of the game, seat backs aren't really much of an attractive addition for me either. Over the years, I have been good about bringing friends to the games, essentially giving them a ticket here and there, to augment our attendance and introduce people to UCF Football.

But, it now appears I will be dropping down my season tickets from 4 to 2. I spoke to the two sets of friends who sit with me in 111 today and both said they are also dropping their number of season tickets as a consequence of the price increases. So, instead of making $2,000 off of me as in the past several seasons, my total revenue generation will go down to $1,600. My $400 isn't that much in the big scheme of things; but multiply that by several thousand people and the bottom line takes a major hit, especially in the face of construction and renovation costs to make these changes. The trend of dropping the number of tickets in one's portfolio, which will consequently lower revenue for the University, seems to be the popular choice many are making.

In a time when attendance is already a major struggle for the Knights, this seems to be a very misguided effort. I would wager we are going to see major drops in attendance this year.
There is definitely sticker shock going on with this new plan. In one sense I'm glad that the university and the athletic program is making a bold move to increase revenues since we all say that we want to be the preeminent school in this conference and worthy of power five inclusion. But on the other hand I do see a lot of folks getting squeezed with the sudden rate hike. It's like they decided to go from 0 to 60 in two seconds versus gradually increasing ticket and donor prices.

I'm still hopeful that this works out for the betterment of the program and everyone digs down deep and sacrifices so we can raise more revenue and increase our national respectability.

I've had season tickets for over 14 years and use to have tickets on the 30 yard line lower level on the homeside and then I switched to section 117 Endzone a few years back. Now I'm getting pushed out by the new student section. I don't like it but I understand the move and it does help create a better home field advantage. And to be honest the students deserve it from all the student athletic fees they pay. I believe the students will be even more excited about going to games and now knowing that they're getting more access to the lower level seating will excite them even more. They should've added the new student section years ago.

I do believe the new plan will help fill-in the stadium more so there's bodies all over the place which will help visually on televised games. It forces you to sit where you can afford to really be. Like I said not good for all of us loyal fans with limited funds but I understand the philosophy of what they're trying to accomplish.

Not sure where I'll have to purchase tickets now. Not to mention I've been a basketball season ticket holder for the last 14 years as well so supporting the university is not cheap. Gotta count my pennies and see what I can do for football season tickets.

Just hopeful that Frost and company delivers this year to continue building momentum!

And last, I will say this its not like they're raising ticket prices with no plan. There's tons of new projects they want to complete which will only help us recruit better athletes for all sports.

Not sure if this has been touched on, but this year your donation for football season tickets will NOT count towards your donation towards basketball season tickets as it has in prior years. This is coming from my ticket rep. So if you are a season ticket holder for both sports be prepared to spend the $$$.

Not sure if this has been touched on, but this year your donation for football season tickets will NOT count towards your donation towards basketball season tickets as it has in prior years. This is coming from my ticket rep. So if you are a season ticket holder for both sports be prepared to spend the $$$.

Wasn't that always the case? I spent thousands on basketball club seats and still had a buy a garage C pass which is god awful trying to leave getting routed down research park.

Wasn't that always the case? I spent thousands on basketball club seats and still had a buy a garage C pass which is god awful trying to leave getting routed down research park.

Not for me and some others I know. My one donation covered both sets of season tickets. I do not sit in the club seats which could be the difference.

I get the reasons 1) it is ghetto to charge thousands of dollars and sit on a metal bench -solved. 2) adding beer was a former complaint on this board - solved. 3) increasing revenue - hopefully solved. 4) adding hospitality tents on the field for more $$$ - solved and people want them 5) stadium will look nicer - solved

Downside 1) There will be drunks. 2) expensive 3) bringing kids around drunks

I'm sure it will be fine. We need to get the stadium looking better. I still want the chain link fence gone too. This is a nice 1st step though. Anyone can still buy cheap tickets and park for free or at the church for $20. Just move around to a better seat after the game starts.

This exactly. I think the increased price is justified for the club section. It is now a premium seat in the best location, with the added amenity of selling beer which is huge plus.

On the drunk issue, there were plenty of drunks with or without beer, might as well add the revenue stream and allow people to enjoy it. It may keep the stadium more lively! [cheers]

Taking bleachers out.
Very nice, but a very expensive and major overhaul. I'll spend more money if the in stadium experience and play of the team continues to improve. I want to eat better food and I want to drink. Shorter lines too

I had a great time at the Houston game. That was a great inside game experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT