ADVERTISEMENT

2017 vs 2018 UCF teams

2017 was better, 2nd year in SF system and everyone felt more comfortable. The play calling and players were just smoother and more in sync.

2018 had great players (maybe better overall) but pretty much every game was choppy or had a slow start.

I expect this team to fire on all cylinders next year, JH 2nd year in the system and first off season. The defense should be better too.

Reactions: Mikesi
A big difference this year is the defense has been winning games in the 2nd half along with the offense. Last year's team didn't do that. We won tough games in the 2nd half last year almost exclusively with offense.

True that. The 2017 team didn't have a quality Qb back up. So far the 2018 team does. Time will tell. I think this team is better than last year. I think the coaching is better. But, gotta win bowl game.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
Marc Daniels had a conversation on the radio this morning if 2018 is better than 2017. Marc is in Arizona with the team currently. He said 17 had more star players as evident as the players in the NFL. He didn't say 18 was better than 17.

I've got a really good feeling about the Fiesta bowl. I think the team is focused and will come out on all cylinders. Ignore the noise, the LSU players suspended and quitting on the team. 1-0. Just win!

It's literally impossible for the 2018 team to have any NFL players on it yet. That's the benefit the 2017 team has. They already played all their games and moved on. This is really a question that can't be answered until the NFL season kicks off next year. And actually, not even then. This is team is younger, that doesn't mean they aren't better. Lets see how many from this team wind up in the draft over the next few years.

You could also argue the 2018 team is better because they utilized more players than 2017 did on offense.

Reactions: Stetson_1883
Marc Daniels had a conversation on the radio this morning if 2018 is better than 2017. Marc is in Arizona with the team currently. He said 17 had more star players as evident as the players in the NFL. He didn't say 18 was better than 17.

I've got a really good feeling about the Fiesta bowl. I think the team is focused and will come out on all cylinders. Ignore the noise, the LSU players suspended and quitting on the team. 1-0. Just win!

Yep...I just posted Marc's radio comments in this thread about that same point.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/marc-daniels-previews-fiesta-bowl-on-the-bridge-link.71654/

Reactions: Central Floridave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT